INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone with experience using UPS in MX?

+3
Canmex 87
CanuckBob
inthecolumbiagorge
7 posters

Go down

Anyone with experience using UPS in MX? Empty Anyone with experience using UPS in MX?

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Mon May 13, 2019 7:58 am

I have a small package I need to get to someone in Chapala as quickly as I can. I foolishly offered to bring someone Lakeside 2 cpap masks since we thought we would be driving down in mid April . We have been delayed though and I feel terrible that I don't have this package to them when I thought I would be able to:/

Does anyone have experience with UPS in Mexico? We have to go to the border to turn in our TIP on our pickup and plan to drive to Nogales this week and I believe I can ship it with UPS there but it seems like it might be best to send to a "pick up location" Lakeside instead of directly to his home? Am I correct on this? I thought I read somewhere that deliveries are a bit hit or miss going directly to a home address but I might be wrong and I just want to make it as easy as possible for them to get this package.

If anyone can clarify this for me I would sure appreciate it. Is there a place in Ajijic or Chapala that I could have this sent to or should I ship it directly to his address?
inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anyone with experience using UPS in MX? Empty Re: Anyone with experience using UPS in MX?

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 13, 2019 9:16 am

I get deliveries via Fed Ex, DHL and Amazon couriers all the time directly to my house.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Anyone with experience using UPS in MX? Empty Re: Anyone with experience using UPS in MX?

Post by Canmex 87 Mon May 13, 2019 10:30 am

UPS uses Chapala Realty in Chapala and is there daily.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Mon May 13, 2019 10:32 am

Just the information I needed! Thank you both:-)
inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Mon May 13, 2019 11:53 am

Can medical supplies be shipped to Mexico?
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhappyday Mon May 13, 2019 1:15 pm

mattoleriver wrote:Can medical supplies be shipped to Mexico?

The reason these people asked to have their CPAP supplies muled down is that in all likelihood they will be denied by aduana if shipped to Mexico. When this happens the goods are NOT returned to the sender and are "lost".

I have my CPAP supplies provided by the VA muled down for just this reason.

To the OP- I would suggest you contact the person who asked this favor of you and see if they can arrange for another mule. You can then mail them WITHIN the US to that new mule to be brought to Chapala.

ohhappyday

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon May 13, 2019 1:38 pm

All true. Medical supplies will be prohibited by Aduana. Even if you try to send it from a border town within Mexico, you may not succeed. Your friend may just have to wait.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Mon May 13, 2019 4:30 pm

I guess that is the reason the person that needs them said it is fine to wait until we get to Lakeside in person. Good to know and thanks for the info. I guess cpaps and parts are available in MX, just maybe not at a good price? Really I do not mind paying more for certain items in Mexico because that is definitely offset by everything that costs so much less than NOB. Again thanks for the info:-)
inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhappyday Mon May 13, 2019 6:47 pm

What I've discovered is that a great deal of the medical supplies available here are technologically outdated or have received such bad reviews NOB that they are no longer being sold there. Sadly, US based, multi-national companies shift their crap goods southward when they can't be sold to consumers with more options.

ohhappyday

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon May 13, 2019 11:20 pm

Ishop has legal methods for receiving medical items from NOB, at their locations.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum