INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quinceañera in Ajijic - What does it entail?

5 posters

Go down

Quinceañera in Ajijic - What does it entail? Empty Quinceañera in Ajijic - What does it entail?

Post by Cincy Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Today, our maid invited my wife and I to her daughter's 15th birthday celebration - Quince años.  The event will be this November.  The maid has 4 children. Her husband was killed in an accident many years ago and she now lives in a small, crowded, casa in Ajijic.  She appears to live a very simple life.  I think she has invited other ex-pats that she works for.

What can I expect at this event?  What should I contribute towards this event?

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Quinceañera in Ajijic - What does it entail? Empty Re: Quinceañera in Ajijic - What does it entail?

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:23 pm

I contributed $1000p to my maids daughter's Quinceanera dress. They are very expensive.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Quinceañera in Ajijic - What does it entail? Empty Re: Quinceañera in Ajijic - What does it entail?

Post by JayBear Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:10 pm

The most fun (at least, if you're female!) is going with the young lady to pick out the dress!

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:05 pm

Bring a gift or make a contribution . You can expect to be at a separate table with the other foreigners and that is an honor not a slide or you will be seating with the other guests, it all depends on how they organze the fiesta.. The young lady will receive lots of presents, will have chambelans , there may be speeches..and a mass of course and it will be a fun event where you will dance if you feel like it..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:11 pm

And....It may last from 5PM to 5AM the next morning!

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:48 pm

no big deal you can leave when you want to,. The important part is to show up and have a gift after that you can excse yourself whenever you want too.
In Oaxaca the fiestas I have gone to start with breakfast and end with breakfast.. Breakfast is preceeded by 2 shots of mescal and you must have at least one and 2 beers....I never stay until the next morning.. I show up the mext morning as I stay at the house but there s no way I stay up all night drinking..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down