INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

El Desarrollo Urbano

+5
ferret
SunshineyDay
CanuckBob
oncesubtle
Giovanna
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

El Desarrollo Urbano - Page 2 Empty Re: El Desarrollo Urbano

Post by kiko Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:33 am

Offer to split the cost of a two speed pump. Tell him if he runs it on low speed it will save him 80% on his CFE bill. On low speed you will not hear the pump. You share may cost you about $150 or so and save a relationship. Before the install of the new pump, it would be cheap to add insulation like a foam material panel between the wall and pump as an extra measure. Mount the pump to the concrete with vibration rubber isolation feet.
You can get a good pump thru Amazon for a fraction of the cost here. I got a Hayward Super Pump II IIRC. Quiet.
If that does not fly, hire a concrete pumper truck to drop 10 yds of cement in the pool.

kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:15 pm

If all else fails you can tap his electric line to provide electricity for your home. The noise will still be there but at least he would be paying for it.

oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanna Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:06 pm

Kiko, very good constructive suggestions. I will speak with my neighbour. I had offered to pay for the relocation of the pump. He has moved it in about 5 metres but it has made no difference and at times is even worse.
Oncesubtle, you are sneaky and I like it.

Giovanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:34 pm

LOL. How about lobbing a baggie of squid ink into the pool?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:12 pm

Go to YouTube and search stink bombs. Then add one of those liquid concoctions to the squid ink for extra gag.

Last edited by oncesubtle on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanna Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:21 pm

Ha, ha, ha! We have been thinking of different nastie things to lob into his pool.
My brother, who is a very wise man, has recommended that we order a Pentair Whisperflo and have it properly installed with foam insulation, etc. It is a very quiet pump. He said to forget about the variable speed one.....it is mostly for saving energy. The Whisperflo was made specifically for quietness. His recommendation was similar to Kiko's. He recommended to put a foam slab on the concrete, to be topped by a piece of plywood and then the pump on top of that. Then to build a box around the pump leaving lot's of room to insulate with styrofoam. He figures for $1000 we can fix the problem and remain on good terms with the neighbour and won't need to move.

Giovanna

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:29 pm

kiko wrote:Offer to split the cost of a two speed pump.  Tell him if he runs it on low speed it will save him 80% on his CFE bill.  On low speed you will not hear the pump. You share may cost you about $150 or so and save a relationship.  Before the install of the new pump, it would be cheap to add insulation like a foam material panel between the wall and pump as an extra measure.  Mount the pump to the concrete with vibration rubber isolation feet.
You can get a good pump thru Amazon for a fraction of the cost here.  I got a Hayward Super Pump II IIRC.  Quiet.
If that does not fly, hire a concrete pumper truck to drop 10 yds of cement in the pool.

Nice Idea!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:19 pm

Your brother is a very smart man Giovanna! But, I hope we took down your stress level a bit with laughter.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanna Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:35 pm

Yes, you guys had some very nasty, sneaky and wonderful suggestions. The last thing I wanted to do was to get into a war with my neighbour. My brother even suggested to purchase a surge protector/battery backup for my neighbour which would solve the problem caused by the electricity going out and screwing up the timer.
Thank you all!

Giovanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum