INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Canada Day

+5
Lady Otter Latté
ltollefs
ferret
CanuckBob
Bill Phillips
9 posters

Go down

Happy Canada Day Empty Happy Canada Day

Post by Bill Phillips Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:33 am

You know you are a Canadian when:

Here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about Canadians, during a recent appearance at Caesars in Windsor :

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you may live in Canada .

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Canada .

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Canada .

If 'Vacation' means going anywhere south of Kelowna for the weekend, you may live in Canada .

If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Canada .

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Canada.

If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' in the same day and back again, you may live in Canada .

If you can drive 90 km/hr through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you may live in Canada .

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in Canada .

If you carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Canada .

If you design your kid's Halloween costume tTo fit over a snowsuit, tou may live in Canada .

If the speed limit on the highway is 80 km -- you're going 95 and everybody is passing you, you may live in Canada .

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may live in Canada.

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction, you may live in Canada .

If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you may live in Canada .

If you find -2 degrees 'a little chilly', you may live in Canada.
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Happy Canada Day Empty Re: Happy Canada Day

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:52 am

Happy Canada Day Oatsie!!

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:04 am

Happy Birthday to the Great White North!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always been so very proud to be a Canadian.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:25 am

Meh. An accident of birth. I'll take it, and there's worse things to be, but I can't really take pride in a complete non-accomplishment. I stubbed my toe getting out of bed this morning and I didn't cry. The event didn't inform my sense of pride one little bit. Rob and Doug Ford, Justin; Bieber and Trudeau, the riot in Vancouver over a fucking hockey game, the residential school system, Alberta Oil Sands, the murders of aboriginal women. There's enough to keep us humble, if you ask me.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:42 am

Yeah but the U.S. now has you trumped for slimey, sleazy, disgusting ANYTHING.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:16 am

ltollefs wrote:Meh. An accident of birth. I'll take it, and there's worse things to be, but I can't really take pride in a complete non-accomplishment. I stubbed my toe getting out of bed this morning and I didn't cry. The event didn't inform my sense of pride one little bit. Rob and Doug Ford, Justin; Bieber and Trudeau, the riot in Vancouver over a fucking hockey game, the residential school system, Alberta Oil Sands, the murders of aboriginal women. There's enough to keep us humble, if you ask me.  

I agree. Where we are born isn't a matter of pride. It's an whim of fate. Oh well, who said "pride" is logical?
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:17 am

ltollefs wrote:Meh. An accident of birth. I'll take it, and there's worse things to be, but I can't really take pride in a complete non-accomplishment. I stubbed my toe getting out of bed this morning and I didn't cry. The event didn't inform my sense of pride one little bit. Rob and Doug Ford, Justin; Bieber and Trudeau, the riot in Vancouver over a fucking hockey game, the residential school system, Alberta Oil Sands, the murders of aboriginal women. There's enough to keep us humble, if you ask me.  

Not an accident of birth for me. My parents chose to immigrate to Canada. And, I am proud to BE a Canadian. I didn't say I was proud of ALL Canadians. The duds are everywhere on the planet.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:25 am

LOL...you mean you CHOSE to have your parents emigrate to Canada??
Aw, c'mon...but Happy Canada Day anyway!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:33 am

ferret wrote:

Not an accident of birth for me. My parents chose to immigrate to Canada. And, I am proud to BE a Canadian. I didn't say I was proud of ALL Canadians. The duds are everywhere on the planet.

Well, if you had any influence, pre-conception, on your parents decision to emigrate, then surely you could have done something about Bieber.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:47 am

Happy Canada Day! 🇨🇦

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:01 am

I doubt anyone can do anything about Bieber. LOL. I can't atone for things others did before my birth. Currently, I can't even vote to get crappy politicians out of office. But reading Oatsie's list made me laugh and reminisce.
Here's some additions to that list...
If you wear socks with your Birkenstocks when there's a foot of snow on the ground, you may live in Canada
If you apologize when somebody steps on your toe, you may live in Canada.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:04 am

I have a good friend who's a Canadian but has lived in Mexico for years, due to her work. She would agree with all the sentiments above with a chuckle. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:21 am

Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:58 am

ferret wrote:I doubt anyone can do anything about Bieber. LOL. I can't atone for things others did before my birth. Currently, I can't even vote to get crappy politicians out of office. But reading Oatsie's list made me laugh and reminisce.
Here's some additions to that list...
If you wear socks with your Birkenstocks when there's a foot of snow on the ground, you may live in Canada
If you apologize when somebody steps on your toe, you may live in Canada.

My wife's son lives in Dawson City and has been known to wear t-shirt and shorts in Spring. In Dawson it's -20c in Spring. Something in the water, maybe.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:58 pm

I did choose to emigrate to Canada 51 years ago, and have never looked back.

HAPPY CANADA DAY, EH!!!
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down