INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are new English language movies available at a Cinema in this area.

+6
Lady Otter Latté
slainte39
ComputerGuy
CanuckBob
brigitte
jsringo
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are new English language movies available at a Cinema in this area. Empty Are new English language movies available at a Cinema in this area.

Post by jsringo Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:56 pm

I would like to find a place to see recent movies in English somewhere in this area. Are new English language movies available at a Cinema in this area. 531444
jsringo
jsringo

Humor : dry I am told by many

http://sites.google.com/view/portraitbywayne

Back to top Go down

Are new English language movies available at a Cinema in this area. Empty Re: Are new English language movies available at a Cinema in this area.

Post by brigitte Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:14 pm

You are in Mexico so you may have a problem but you can buy pirated movies and you will see all the new movies

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Are new English language movies available at a Cinema in this area. Empty Re: Are new English language movies available at a Cinema in this area.

Post by brigitte Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:14 pm

You are in Mexico  so you may have a problem but you can buy pirated movies  and you will see all the new movies

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:17 pm

I thought most of the movies in the local theaters were in English with Spanish subtitles....no? I've never been but I have friends, who don't speak any Spanish, go all the time.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:23 pm

Most internationally-popular movies are shown in our two cinema houses in either English, with Spanish subtitles, or Spanish dubbed in. More frequently we are getting movies made for the Latino markets. We unfortunately miss out on a lot of popular movies, because lakeside is kinda the ass-end of the business... neither of our theatres knows what they will be showing until Thursday, when the distributors bring them out, very much like leftovers. Makes it really difficult for them to advertise in the paper in a timely fashion. If it wasn't for the advertising exec at the Reporter, who pesters them incessantly, we probably wouldn't have listings at all.

https://www.cinemagic.com.mx/Browsing/Cinemas/Details/0000000014

https://www.moviespace.com.mx/

https://www.cinepolis.com/index.aspx
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:51 pm

If they are dubbed with Spanish do they have English subs?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:07 pm

CanuckBob wrote:If they are dubbed with Spanish do they have English subs?

NO!

All G rated movies have to be dubbed in Spanish without English subtitles for the Mexican audience.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:34 pm

CanuckBob wrote:If they are dubbed with Spanish do they have English subs?
No, they do not. (Didn't see Slainte's post.)
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:44 pm

jsringo wrote:I would like to find a place to see recent movies in English somewhere in this area.  Are new English language movies available at a Cinema in this area. 531444

I see first run movies in English here all the time. The movies have Spanish subtitles. (Just saw Once Upon a Time In Hollywood.) Sometimes the films are shown in English only for the first week and then the version dubbed in Spanish with English subtitles. So see films during their first week just in case. Ads for the theatres will tell you which films are in English. There is an older theatre in Bugambilla Plaza in Ajijic. The theatre in the mall across the street from Walmart is newer.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrell Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:00 pm

And the ads in the Reporter so say which language is for each film.  From past experience, the English language are earlier in the day and Spanish dubbed at night...  kids movies not the same.

Marrell
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:55 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:
jsringo wrote:I would like to find a place to see recent movies in English somewhere in this area.  Are new English language movies available at a Cinema in this area. 531444

I see first run movies in English here all the time. The movies have Spanish subtitles. (Just saw Once Upon a Time In Hollywood.) Sometimes the films are shown in English only for the first week and then the version dubbed in Spanish with English subtitles. So see films during their first week just in case. Ads for the theatres will tell you which films are in English. There is an older theatre in Bugambilla Plaza in Ajijic. The theatre in the mall across the street from Walmart is newer.

You have actually seen movies that were made with English speaking dialogue that was then shown as dubbed into Spanish with English subtitles?
That's a new one on me.  I´ve seen a lot of movies here but I have never seen that. The English movies usually always have subtitles in Spanish, which is great for us "sordos".  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:28 pm

I don’t like movies subtitled in English, but have seen a couple quite awhile ago. Don’t remember where though — or why I went.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:38 pm

I saw a most recent release of a Stars Wars flick at the Bugambilias Plaza theatre. It was during the week, an early matinee. All English, no subtitles. And I still had to wear earplugs because, damn, they sure like it loud in Mexico. Could still hear every word and special effect.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:11 pm

I have never seen a movie here in Spanish, either original soundtrack or dubbed, with English subtitles. I have seen movies like one particular Kung Fu flick, where a lot of Chinese was spoken, and subtitles appeared in Spanish... but not English.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:49 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:I have never seen a movie here in Spanish, either original soundtrack or dubbed, with English subtitles. I have seen movies like one particular Kung Fu flick, where a lot of Chinese was spoken, and subtitles appeared in Spanish... but not English.

That´s my experience too.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:48 am

So to summarize.......yes, they do have English movies in the cinemas around here.

Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:35 pm

but many movies are not showing.. at least not the ones I want to watch.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:13 pm

See my first post above.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jsringo Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:29 pm

Thank You all who responded! I think I would rather go without seeing a movie if I have to read subtitles through it. smash comp
jsringo
jsringo

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:20 pm

jsringo wrote:Thank You all who responded!  I think I would rather go without seeing a movie if I have to read subtitles through it. smash comp

Especially, if you don´t read Spanish well, very difficult……... lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jsringo Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:15 pm

Let me get this straight, I am trying to read Spanish subtitles while the characters are speaking English.
Appears to be not at all productive. Dead Horse
jsringo
jsringo

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:18 pm

Doing exactly that helps me with my Spanish. I learn colloquialisms, new phrases, new words... and I get a real chuckle when I recognize the measurements and numbers, and "popular" names of people are completely different in the subtitles.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:49 pm

Unlike ferret, these English speaking dialogue movies with Spanish subtitles, are a godsend for us sordos who are hispanohablantes.  The only reason I go to movies. Very Happy
What English?....I never hear it……... lol!
Not only that but they translate that antiquated system in the US to the metric system which I understand and has some meaning.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:49 pm

I just don't even see the subtitles after about 10 minutes. I used to try and download English subtitles for anything that my hubby wanted to watch IF the actors were speaking with an English or Australian accent. He had difficulty understanding those accents.

And my eyesight has been crap since I was three years old so I suspect that is why my hearing is so acute. A dripping tap once kept me awake. It was in the basement and I was on the second floor. It's a bit of a curse. God bless earplugs... especially with construction happening next door.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dichosalocura Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:21 pm

My first response was that we are in México with fairly decent internet (some people may debate that) but there are many sites to access English movies for free on the internet, but that needs a new thread on the topic to be started. Some one stated that G rated movies had to be dubbed in Spanish in México. That is so not true. Most Mexican cinemas have certain hours where they show the movie in its original language but with Spanish subtitles, even G rated movies.

dichosalocura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next