INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Review of Ilox install in SW San Antonio

Go down

Review of Ilox install in SW San Antonio   Empty Review of Ilox install in SW San Antonio

Post by Zedinmexico on Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:25 am

Install was great. Expect person to show up late my noon appointment was closer to two. They get backed up sometimes. His spanglish was great and he was a pro. Last step was showing me on his laptop the speed directly connected to the Ilox modem of 290. My WIFI running on 5000 band line of sight to modem was 50 to 100. Testing using normal 2400 WIFI was 40 to 60. WIFI results using my high power Access point with external antennae. To be frank the Ilox supplied WIFI is pretty low power and I tuned it off to avoid WIFI contention for bandwidth (button on side of FiberHome modem). The only negative other than the public IP issue. He was neat in running his wires, polite, clean and what you want in a tech installer. I tipped him 100 pesos as these folks work hard going up and down ladders avoiding my electric fence and such. This was a move from Los Salvias in Ajijic to the south east corner of San Antonio. FYI you move your own modem.

Good luck folks!!

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Review of Ilox install in SW San Antonio   Empty Re: Review of Ilox install in SW San Antonio

Post by Zedinmexico on Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:32 am

I would like to add unless you are very close to the Ilox modem I would purchase a high quality Access point with SMA connectors for external Antennae. Ilox modem WIFI just does not go thru walls at all. It is also nice to move with an access point as you don't have to input all those numbers as nothing changes you just move the access point and connect it with wire to new modem.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Review of Ilox install in SW San Antonio   Empty Re: Review of Ilox install in SW San Antonio

Post by CanuckBob on Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:59 am

I believe Ilox supplies a private IP address which messes with some streaming services. I requested mine to be changed to a public IP which solved some issues I was having testing a friends firestick. They changed it within a few hours of my email request.

CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Humor : Sick and twisted

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy on Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:03 am

If you move more than 6 feet away from an iLox ONT (modem), the WiFi drops substantially, so Zed's recommendation is an important one. Try as I might, I cannot even really find any specs on either of their modems that details the WiFi standard. I was able to discern that they use b/g/n, I believe. (n causes two adjacent wireless bands to link together for better throughput, but if your laptop doesn't have the n standard, it will revert to g, which is not as good.)
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down