INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vehicle Computers

5 posters

Go down

Vehicle Computers Empty Vehicle Computers

Post by Trailrunner Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:20 am

Recently there have been rashes of computer thefts out of automobiles in our area. Quite a few victim accounts on the FB crime page over the last few months. They are very good at it. They can climb underneath the car and clip many many wires and remove the computer in a matter of minutes and be gone or on to the next one. You will know when you return to your car and it won't start.

They are very expensive and problematic to repair. One gentleman who had it happen to his Jeep at Pancho's said it ended up costing him over 50,000 pesos when it was all said and done.

There have been multiple reports from victims at these locations: Pancho's, Mom's, WM, and now Hotel Real de Chapala. Apparently, the night of Dec 8th six car computers were stolen out of cars in the hotel area.

Be advised.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Vehicle Computers Empty Re: Vehicle Computers

Post by ferret Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:31 am

Thanks TR. I am glad my car doesn't have a computer. Then again, I don't even like electronic digital  timing devices on appliances. Some things are not necessary.

I believe these computer thefts are also occurring at Walmart since Slainte made a comment about parking near the one and only working camera at Walmart... except it's no longer pointing in the correct direction.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:24 pm

If you have a vehicle built within the last 20 to 30 years it has computer of some sort to control the electronic ignition, fuel management, etc.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:05 pm

I didn't know that. https://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-the-hood/trends-innovations/question113.htm

On the other hand, there must be some vehicles that have less of a computer presence than others. Like those without air bags, cruise control and apple play???

Are there certain models of vehicles that are being targeted more than others? Because, if the cars have had computer systems fo 20 to 30 years, why now?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:11 pm

The newer cars have way more things run by computer. Those are the systems they are taking. For example, a friend’s newer car does not have a dip stick to check oil. You press a button in the dash and the computer tells you how much oil there is. I’m sure the same goes for many of the car’s functions. More things to go wrong, of course.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:33 pm

LOL! I actually wouldn't mind not having to dipstick the oil. However, my car is twelve years old and is most definitely lacking in the "brain" department. Suits me just fine and, as you say, less things to go wrong.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:15 pm

I know of someone that had theirs stolen out of their little 2007 shitbox chevy. Maybe they steal to order.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tday Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:11 pm

I have had my antenna stolen, have to cross my fingers crossed for the computer I guess.

On another subject, does anyone know where I could buy some Christmas Cards ?? I've been looking but no luck. Thanks

Tday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down