INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

San Sebastian Festival - Jan 20th

2 posters

Go down

San Sebastian Festival - Jan 20th Empty San Sebastian Festival - Jan 20th

Post by Newcomer Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:30 pm

Hello,

I saw in the Ajijic Calendar (http://ajijicnews.com/pages/eventscalendar) that the San Sebastian Festival will be held tomorrow (Jan 20th) in upper Ajijic. I tried to follow the locations described in the calendar on the map, but somehow it did not make all that much sense.
The description references a church and a chapel, but I could not find a 'church of San Sebastian' in all of Ajijic. I have never seen the 'Zayacos and Azteca Danzates', which are part of the ceremonies and festivities. These dancers perform in front of the chapel - but which chapel?

Does anyone have the location of the chapel/church - maybe the name of it so that I can find on the map of Ajijic? Also, when does the procession start in the morning? The article mentions fun activities around 1 pm and then the return to the church and more traditional dancing at 4 pm. Again, which church/chapel?

Thank you.

Newcomer

Back to top Go down

San Sebastian Festival - Jan 20th Empty Re: San Sebastian Festival - Jan 20th

Post by K2tog Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:52 pm

I think the street party is tonight with food and live music at the intersection of Emiliano Zapata and Marcos Castellanos. The is in the Barrio of San Sebastian. The religious ceremony with the statue of San Sebastian will be walked down to the plaza and/or San Andres church (on Marcos Castellanos) tomorrow morning early for prayers, etc. which is the Patron Saint Day for him.

K2tog
K2tog

Back to top Go down

Post by Newcomer Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:44 pm

Thank you, k2tog. That helps.

Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down