INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Counterfeit pesos from Multiva ATM at Super Lake

+5
slainte39
Trailrunner
kiko
ferret
LuvSouth
9 posters

Go down

Counterfeit pesos from Multiva ATM at Super Lake Empty Counterfeit pesos from Multiva ATM at Super Lake

Post by LuvSouth Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:21 am

Did anyone else get an unexpected fistful of “falso” pesos (intermixed with perfectly good, properly hologrammed pesos) at the Super Lake ATM Feb. 25? And wouldn’t you know it? Even with my ATM receipt from that transaction, I’ve gotten nothing but pushback, skepticism and disdain from the staff at Multiva (Carretera, Ajijic).

Sample dialogue: “We’ll try to contact the Banco de Mexico.”

Anyone else with this same dilemma?

LuvSouth

Back to top Go down

Counterfeit pesos from Multiva ATM at Super Lake Empty Re: Counterfeit pesos from Multiva ATM at Super Lake

Post by ferret Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:29 am

Are you absolutely sure they're fake? Or are they just old notes mixed with new?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Counterfeit pesos from Multiva ATM at Super Lake Empty Re: Counterfeit pesos from Multiva ATM at Super Lake

Post by LuvSouth Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:55 pm

Yes, Ferret: different texture, no denomination-specific holograms. 200s (2), 100 (1) and a 50.

Oh—and now the first front office flunky who told me he’ d “try” to contact the Banco de Mexico is being outed by the second flunky for speaking such lousy English that he “misunderstood” my initial request for help.

And no: I’m not cueing the mariachi emoji and chalking this up to “...es Mexico.”

Just please avoid Multiva and the Super Lake ATM like the plague—or the coronavirus, whichever comes first. Lesson learned.

LuvSouth

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:05 pm

Counterfeit stories remind me of my buddy in North East Texas who got into the business and printed up a shit load of $7 bills. After realizing his error he called me up and asked for my advice. I told him to drive over to Shreveport, Louisiana cuz those coon asses were as dumb as sticks. He did that and then called me back to tell me thanks.

The Cajuns changed out all of those $7 bills and gave him a boat load of $4 and $3 bills.

Here's your sign (Bill Engvall)
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:16 pm

I received a counterfeit 500 peso note from Santander in Joco some years ago and they didn't want anything to do with it. They mentioned they could send it off to DF if I wanted and I could "keep in touch" to see about reimbursement. lol

What is the total amount of your loss, LuvSouth?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:09 pm

How can you prove it came from the ATM? Is there some kind of marking on the bills that indicate it was in the machine? Otherwise, anytime one got stuck with a counterfeit bill, you could just claim it came from some ATM.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:31 am

You can't prove it came from their ATM. And even if you could, and even though you got the bill(s) from their machine - they didn't stock it. That's the bottom line.

I guess wherever the bills come from in the money trucks AND/OR whoever physically gathers those bills is where the thievery takes place. And apparently the machines can't detect a falso.

PS: does anyone else remember when they discovered the counterfeiting operation in a cave up above Mezcala?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Counterfeit pesos from Multiva ATM at Super Lake Empty Counterfeit

Post by artsnob Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:07 am

I have a friend that got three 200 counterfeit bills there, he was meeting some people at Tango and realize later he paid bill with the bad bills..08:07:18

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:09 am

gas stations are a good place to get rid off them..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:25 am

brigitte wrote:gas stations are a good place to get rid off them..

lol Brigitte, it was the Pemex in Joco is who caught my 500 peso note!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:54 am

Best to save them for transitos........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:22 am

Took me a while to stop laughing Very Happy

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:28 am

Me too! I thought it was a great idea except that I would never pay a mordida.

Thought this link might be of interest. The old 200's and 500's will be withdrawn soon but they are showing both kinds as being valid as of now.

https://www.mexperience.com/mexico-essentials/money-in-mexico/

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:59 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Best to save them for transitos........

Or beggars, they´ll figure out how to get rid of them without a loss.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSouth Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:07 pm

Thank you all for the uplifting words and general good humor. The counterfeit pesos definitely came from the Super Lake ATM. I briefly considered running these fakes through the washer on the “hot” setting, then drying them in the sun to improve the texture and give them the requisite Mexi-patina...before I slip one (or all) of them into the grubby hands of a transito...

LuvSouth

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:18 pm

I don´t think anyone here doubts your word about the source of the bogus bills, but the bank and authorities interested in counterfeiting would not just accept your word.
It would be too easy for anyone receiving counterfeit to just blame the ATM.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down