INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List of Chapala businesses to be closed due to Covid-19 - including liquor stores!?

+7
Dostortas
cerebrozo
gringal
CanuckBob
HoneyBee
ComputerGuy
DuckieHoomever
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

List of Chapala businesses to be closed due to Covid-19 - including liquor stores!? Empty List of Chapala businesses to be closed due to Covid-19 - including liquor stores!?

Post by DuckieHoomever Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:29 pm

This video (I don't under Spanish) and accompanying text was posted on the facebook page of the President of Chapala Municipality a few hours ago. Both Facebook and Google translate the list of businesses deemed non-essential and are ordered to close. I've seen many reports listing liquor stores as "essential" in the U.S., but Chapala's list says liquor stores are to close! I count 35 classes of businesses ordered closed in the list. Take it for what it's worth, but the source seems legit. I hope for all y'all who like your distilled spirits can find this is wrong, or find another source.

https://www.facebook.com/MoyAnayaAguilar/posts/2390043604573507

DuckieHoomever
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

List of Chapala businesses to be closed due to Covid-19 - including liquor stores!? Empty Re: List of Chapala businesses to be closed due to Covid-19 - including liquor stores!?

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:16 am

Some of those businesses I would deem essential: tire repair; Internet cafe; mobile equipment; auto parts; motorcycle and auto mechanics; locksmiths.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

List of Chapala businesses to be closed due to Covid-19 - including liquor stores!? Empty Re: List of Chapala businesses to be closed due to Covid-19 - including liquor stores!?

Post by HoneyBee Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:51 am

Darn, now I will have to buy bootleg liquor. Shocked

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:48 am

Wal-Mart still sells liquor.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:29 am

So does Superlake.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:41 am

And many corner stores.....

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cerebrozo Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:41 am

The Governor of Jalisco and the Mayor of Chapala seem to disagree about this:

List of Chapala businesses to be closed due to Covid-19 - including liquor stores!? Gov12
cerebrozo
cerebrozo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:03 am

Well if they stop the sale of beer that will be start of a revolution. Maybe I should touch base with the local gun dealer.Beer

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:00 am

So I’m not clear...are the liquor stores open or no?

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:21 am

Does it matter?

Booze can be bought in almost every store that sells food.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:25 am

Shucks TR you just killed my idea of selling booze on the parallel market. Very Happy

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:43 am

Liquor stores have a much broader selection than other smaller stores so if there’s is a specific product one is looking for and not just “booze”, yeah it does matter Trailrunner.

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:53 am

That's sad, Dostortas.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:02 pm

Nothing sad about it. No judgment required. The question simply was is the liquor store open or not.

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:23 pm

They are keeping them open NOB cause they don't want emergency rooms filled with detoxing alcoholics.......for real.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:47 pm

I have been wondering what they're doing about the junkies and crack heads and other addicts.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:30 pm

We just went out for other supplies and went to our usual liquor store in West Ajijic across from the Gym and in the strip mall next to La Terrazza.  They are still open but will close from Saturday on.  We stocked up on our favorite wine.

All Lakeside needs is a bunch old folks ticked off and annoyingly sober, eh?  Doesn't make much sense, either, since the grocery stores stock plenty of a full line of booze.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:19 pm

Part of the list says motels and hotels. Are they expected to chuck out their guests??? Crazy really. Many places won't close until a government official pays them a visit and threatens a fine.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:19 pm

Thanks gringagal for answering my question. We want to buy a bottle of grey goose for our friend’s 90th birthday, he loves a good vodka martini. We’ll be sure to get there before Saturday. Thanks for the heads up.

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:20 pm

I think they sell grey goose at Wal-Mart too.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:27 pm

Dostortas - that is now called a quarantini.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:33 pm

Lol, good one chillin. 😎

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:41 pm

Oh it's a drink. I got all excited when I read "goose". It's been awhile.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:52 pm

I have to wonder...because so many grocery stores sell liquor will the government restrict their liquor sales also? Does anyone know? Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:06 pm

I’ve wondered the same thing about stores NOB. There seems to be a big emphasis about only going out to stores to buy essentials, mainly groceries however there are many big superstore grocery chains there. Are they limited to selling only products deemed as groceries? CBob commented that liquor stores are deemed as an essential service for the benefit of health and welfare. I gotta say, it kinda makes sense. Not to mention that the government needs the tax dollars for their stimulus.

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next