INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone had problems driving to and from Costco's Lopez Mateos?

+8
slainte39
CanuckBob
ferret
gringal
Wide Sky
ComputerGuy
kiko
Cincy
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone had problems driving to and from Costco's Lopez Mateos? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone had problems driving to and from Costco's Lopez Mateos?

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:28 am

Ouch.....those tuna medallions just need to be thawed, then quickly seared on each side for 2 mins. Pink in the middle......hmmmm.

Funny how this thread has morphed.......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Anyone had problems driving to and from Costco's Lopez Mateos? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone had problems driving to and from Costco's Lopez Mateos?

Post by ferret Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:50 am

I agree with your cooking method CBob, normally. But, for a tuna salad, the medallion has to flake, and be mixed with mayo, celery and onion, so it requires more cooking time.
Just throwing options out there for cravings that can't currently be met.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:29 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Ouch.....those tuna medallions just need to be thawed, then quickly seared on each side for 2 mins. Pink in the middle......hmmmm.

Funny how this thread has morphed.......
Disagree. Done it many times. Baking is the only way to ensure the right consistency. Pan frying is going to make it too wet. Remember, it is a very heavy meat.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:32 pm

Today there are now "flitros" roadblocks going into Guadalajara with delays of up to 2-3 hours.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:27 pm

Canmex 87 wrote:Today there are now "flitros" roadblocks going into Guadalajara with delays of up to 2-3 hours.

Canmex 87, there are lots of roads into Guadalajara which road are you talking about?
Today, someone on Facebook said a 20 minute delay on the Chapala-Guadalajara road going North into Guadalajara.

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:36 pm

gringal wrote:The Lakeside Shopping Service is the easy way to shop Costco.  You order from their web site on Sunday and they deliver to your door on Wednesday for a reasonable fee.  We've been using them for months, and always have a satisfactory service. These days, it's especially good to avoid the trip.

Being forced into something I have never done, I suppose this question is directed to gringal or anyone else that knows the answer.
Is Lakeside Shopping Service better than ordering directly from Costco, which I understand can be done.  Is there a difference in selection of goods, pricing, delivery time, cost of delivery or any other comparisons.
Do you just go to their website (LSS) and order and then what? It looks like I´m going to be a reluctant client. I think CG has already used them as well.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:45 pm

I think they only deliver large orders to businesses. When Don and Jim owned Lakeside Shopping, one year the cartels were burning buses on the highway near the airport. Don called the manager to tell him they wouldn't be coming for their weekly order, and he said don't worry, we'll deliver.

And, oddly, the costco.com.mx Website is pretty poor if you are looking for items. Some things are in abundance, but try typing queso in the search bar. Or pizza. Or lasagna. Or ensalada. Or anything you know they have lots of types of.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:10 am

I would contact them and ask your questions directly. They are very careful with produce and frozen or fresh meat products.
These are the choices that they normally have but they are also open to what you want that they don't list...

https://www.lakeside-ss.com/tienda-online

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:27 am

ComputerGuy wrote:I think they only deliver large orders to businesses. When Don and Jim owned Lakeside Shopping, one year the cartels were burning buses on the highway near the airport. Don called the manager to tell him they wouldn't be coming for their weekly order, and he said don't worry, we'll deliver.

And, oddly, the costco.com.mx Website is pretty poor if you are looking for items. Some things are in abundance, but try typing queso in the search bar. Or pizza. Or lasagna. Or ensalada. Or anything you know they have lots of types of.

You mean Costco only delivers large orders and not the shipping service, as I doubt gringal has large orders.  I normally drive in but I think it has become such a big hassle. I so bored doing nothing that I´m thinking about food.
Thanks M.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:30 am

ferret wrote:I would contact them and ask your questions directly. They are very careful with produce and frozen or fresh meat products.
These are the choices that they normally have but they are also open to what you want that they don't list...

https://www.lakeside-ss.com/tienda-online

I did sign up and give them my phone no. and email address tonight so I suppose they will contact me.
Thanks ferret

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:24 am

Slainte: I don't have "large" orders in the usual sense. What I order is usually large packages of items I use regularly, such as their shimp, Becky's junk free sausages, toilet paper, paper towels and kleenex. I break down the large orders of things such as shrimp into meal sized packages and freeze the lot. They have good vegetables, but I prefer shopping for them locally. I also prefer buying beef and chicken from local sources where I can see the products.

I'm very happy with the service since the drive into Guad is a real PITA these days.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:59 am

slainte39 wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote:I think they only deliver large orders to businesses. When Don and Jim owned Lakeside Shopping, one year the cartels were burning buses on the highway near the airport. Don called the manager to tell him they wouldn't be coming for their weekly order, and he said don't worry, we'll deliver.

You mean Costco only delivers large orders and not the shipping service, as I doubt gringal has large orders.  I normally drive in but I think it has become such a big hassle. I so bored doing nothing that I´m thinking about food.
Thanks M.

Yes, sorry, guess that wasn't clear. I was referring to the Lakeside Delivery gang. On their Website, they have a lot of items, but still a limited selection. they don't have Website design skills, and a few of us have been pushing them for years to get up to speed. What they do have is the most popular items. But they have a spot on their order form for requests and/or instructions, and I have had them Whatsapp me many times with photos of items I am looking for.

They go in on Tuesday with orders received online up to noon on Monday. There is no difference in price or selection: they just shop like you or I would. Last week they had so many orders, they had to go twice and skipped delivery until Thursday and Friday. They are limited in the number of any single item they can buy, and for sure there have been no PPE products available for weeks.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:03 am

Oh, man, I bought those Becky sausages after they discontinued their other brand. I cannot eat them... so flavourless and spongy. I didn't know they were junk free. Maybe that's why.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:11 am

ComputerGuy wrote:Oh, man, I bought those Becky sausages after they discontinued their other brand. I cannot eat them... so flavourless and spongy. I didn't know they were junk free. Maybe that's why.

The "junky" sausages have LOADS of flavor, but guess what it's coming from? I'll put up with plain old sausage flavor. I'm making huge batches of heavy duty soup these days, and I cut up the sausages for extra flavor and protein. It works, especially since the sausage is low on grease. But then, my soups are spiced to the max in the first place!
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:55 pm

Ah, but for me, the animal fat is the whole reason.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:09 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:Ah, but for me, the animal fat is the whole reason.

Gotcha.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2