INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SuperLake closing until quarantine is over

+10
Canmex 87
WillieRae
court0503
slainte39
lakeside7
CanuckBob
ComputerGuy
Trailrunner
ferret
K2tog
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SuperLake closing until quarantine is over Empty SuperLake closing until quarantine is over

Post by K2tog Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:38 pm

I was just at SuperLake and every cash register has a sign that says , only in Spanish, that they will be closed beginning next week and until the border is opened and the quarantine is over! HOWEVER, they were getting deliveries today from Costco. A lot of shelves are getting very very empty. Pretty much nothing that used to come from NOrth of Rio Grande is getting to their broker so he can import to us.

K2tog
K2tog

Back to top Go down

SuperLake closing until quarantine is over Empty Re: SuperLake closing until quarantine is over

Post by ferret Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:35 pm

Thanks for the heads up!!!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

SuperLake closing until quarantine is over Empty Re: SuperLake closing until quarantine is over

Post by Trailrunner Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:44 pm

Haven't stepped foot into that store in more than a month, looks like a virus cave to me as I drive through the parking lot to see if there are any precautions being taken.

He has done NOTHING to protect us from his cashier niñas nor to protect them from us. Hasta la vista, Pollo!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:54 am

Now that they are open again, I am disappointed. Where are the packages of salad dressing powders? What happened to all the imported salad dressings in bottles, too? Largely replaced with Mexican brands, which is great, but I'd like a mix, because these are things I can find anywhere for less. Where's the horseradish? The tartar sauce? My favourite brand of olives has gone from 65 to 92. No bread&butter pickles at any price. No canned crabmeat. No Campbell's pork&beans (which costs less than half every other brand), and no space on the shelves for it. No Lipton soup mix. Etc etc etc. And Ferret, of course no raisin bread.

SuperLake was a pleasant surprise for me, as someone who likes to cook... I could find ingredients that made my kitchen inclinations a lot brighter. Now I'm relegated to only a few things that I've been buying there for years. And Pancho is little help at his store because of the type of imported products he prefers. (Please don't tell me I can get Newman's Own salad dressing at Pancho's; I know what's out there and what isn't.) This is just a general lament for a place that used to be something special.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:39 am

Shopping.mx......lol

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:04 am

I understand that La Cremeria (keep forgetting the other part of the name), in Chapala behind the covered market, has Schleisman's Raisin Bread because the owner's son makes it (all the Schleisman's bread) above the store. That according to Trailrunner.
He was also the source of many of the products that made SuperLake special.
In other words, for your "goodies" try there. You even know where the parking is CG.
No, it's not as convenient as SuperLake but not that far away. I plan a trip there next week along with some other stuff that I have to do in Chapala. I gotta use up the gas in my tank before it goes bad ;)... tank is still full and I filled it in January.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:25 am

Yes, it's a great place, and I see them having to expand in the near future as they get more and more inventory and more and more people coming. And the cool thing is they try really hard to make it interesting. And right next door is one of the best fruit/veg tiendas I've ever seen around here. With the re-opening of the mercado across the street, fresh fish is handy; there's a little cremaria nearby that carries really good honey and cheeses (they are always at Wednesday tianguis), and of course all the rest of Chapala's hub of shops and restaurants.

But I still lament the decline of SL...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:35 am

ferret wrote:I understand that La Cremeria (keep forgetting the other part of the name), in Chapala behind the covered market, has Schleisman's Raisin Bread because the owner's son makes it (all the Schleisman's bread) above the store. That according to Trailrunner.
In other words, for your "goodies" try there. You even know where the parking is CG.
No, it's not as convenient as SuperLake but not that far away. I plan a trip there next week along with some other stuff that I have to do in Chapala. I gotta use up the gas in my tank before it goes bad ;)... tank is still full and I filled it in January.
No Raisin Bread on Wednesday...Pancho had some for 199pesos a loaf so gave that a miss...(I am still awaiting my stimulus check )

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:27 pm

ferret wrote:I understand that La Cremeria (keep forgetting the other part of the name), in Chapala behind the covered market, has Schleisman's Raisin Bread because the owner's son makes it (all the Schleisman's bread) above the store. That according to Trailrunner.

Mi Ranchito Cremería
They have a lot of stuff but in limited quantities because of limited space.  I was able to get sweet pickles and bread and butter pickles there which SL no longer carries.
Mike, SL still has the excellent fresh refrigerated horse radish back in the cooler above the lettuce. I think it´s Atlantic brand but the price is a real shocker, about 250 pesos for a small jar.  Good thing you can´t eat it like popcorn…... Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

ComputerGuy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by court0503 Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:07 pm

Went last week and I was quite pleased with La Cremeria....but I won’t be back for the foreseeable future because the absence of parking means running the gauntlet of crowded Chapala sidewalks for blocks , vast majority of people unmasked. Stepping aside to avoid them is impossible since the streets are crowded with vehicle traffic.

court0503

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:56 pm

The Cremeria has their own parking lot just a few doors away.

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:57 pm

They have a parking lot on the north side of Lopez Cotilla just east of their store. Its free with proof of purchase.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:59 pm

... and practically free even without a proof of purchase...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:39 am

Mi Ranchito Cremería is on the search for a new location in Riberas. Hope they find one soon. They are good people who are really trying to fill the need and have the ability to do so. 

The only thing that keeps me from going to the store is, as mentioned earlier, is the crowds and congestion of people milling around the store and area - many unmasked.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:11 am

I was seriously hoping that Mi Ranchito Cremeria would take over SuperLake's location when they closed. I guess that's not to be. I'll keep on dreamin' though.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:53 am

I hope it doesn't hurt them. That is a huge financial undertaking. If they choose the wrong spot, like Pancho did originally, it will be curtains.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:56 am

I'd vote for it moving to that new small strip mall behind Farmacia Guadalajara in Ajijic.  So far that entire area is empty.

Walkable for most Ajijic residents, parking may be available at the new site, but always parking in the lot with the Farmacia and Amutio, maybe they could work something out.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:47 am

Bad location!
That parking lot is always jammed with cars and nobody would want to carry their groceries to that location nor would Amutio or Farmacia Guadalajara probably allow it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Agree, very bad location for so many reasons!

They are choosing Riberas because they hope both Ajijic and Chapala residents will find Riberas convenient. I agree with that and think it's wise of them. Not all their customers live anywhere near Ajijic and many travel from communities east of Chapala.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:19 pm

ferret wrote:Bad location!
That parking lot is always jammed with cars and nobody would want to carry their groceries to that location nor would Amutio or Farmacia Guadalajara probably allow it.

I walk thru it almost daily and it is never jammed.  Usually the entire north side of lot is empty.

If they move to Riberas I hope their parking is better than Panchos....it's a real PITA to back out into carretera.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kamcd Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:32 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:I'd vote for it moving to that new small strip mall behind Farmacia Guadalajara in Ajijic.  So far that entire area is empty.

Walkable for most Ajijic residents, parking may be available at the new site, but always parking in the lot with the Farmacia and Amutio, maybe they could work something out.

Actually, one space has already been claimed by a dentist, another by a spa. Not open yet, but interior work is in process.

kamcd

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:33 pm

kamcd wrote:
BisbeeGal wrote:I'd vote for it moving to that new small strip mall behind Farmacia Guadalajara in Ajijic.  So far that entire area is empty.

Actually, one space has already been claimed by a dentist, another by a spa. Not open yet, but interior work is in process.

Good to know, thanks!
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:54 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:
ferret wrote:Bad location!

I walk thru it almost daily and it is never jammed.  Usually the entire north side of lot is empty.

If they move to Riberas I hope their parking is better than Panchos....it's a real PITA to back out into carretera.

It depends on what time you go and certainly most parking lots have been empty for months now. Normally that parking lot is full both sides when other businesses in the area are open.
Pancho's has parking on the side and also at the back... but NEVER any spaces on the weekend... so I don't go then.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:12 pm

No more raisin bread at Mi Ranchita La Cremeria in Chapala as they are closing the bakery.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:04 pm

"maybe they could work something out"
I doubt that would ever happen as that parking lot is private and belongs to the businesses in front of it.
It is NOT a public government land parking area.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next