INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jalisco sate border closed?

+8
CanuckBob
lakeside7
ferret
Ida Claire
slainte39
K2tog
artsnob
WillieRae
12 posters

Go down

Jalisco sate border closed? Empty Jalisco sate border closed?

Post by WillieRae Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:13 pm

A friend who is planning on driving down for a months' stay here in Ajijic has just heard they are turning people away at the state border. How could she verify this or who to contact? TIA

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Jalisco sate border closed? Empty Re: Jalisco sate border closed?

Post by artsnob Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:49 pm

I have some friends from New York arrive yesterday by car., no problem

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:38 pm

Thx Ken!

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by K2tog Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:36 am

We are right now at the height of our Covid-19 cases in Mexico and at Lakeside. Why are people wanting to come here now I wonder?
K2tog
K2tog

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:41 am

K2tog wrote:We are right now at the height of our Covid-19 cases in Mexico and at Lakeside. Why are people wanting to come here now I wonder?

Well if they are coming from Florida, USA, I could understand it….between 5 and 6 thousand new cases there, yesterday.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Claire Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:57 am

slainte39 wrote:
K2tog wrote:We are right now at the height of our Covid-19 cases in Mexico and at Lakeside. Why are people wanting to come here now I wonder?

Well if they are coming from Florida, USA, I could understand it….between 5 and 6 thousand new cases there, yesterday.

Same for Texas. Over 5000 new cases yesterday 6/24.
Ida Claire
Ida Claire
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:01 pm

Not to downplay the cases in the Lake Chapala area, but they are pretty anemic compared to many parts of the US and elsewhere in Mexico.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:03 pm

And there are very few ACTIVE cases Lakeside. I just hope that anyone coming here has the good sense to home isolate for two weeks BEFORE venturing out into the general population. And, when they venture out, I sincerely hope they practice social distancing and wear a mask.
If they are not prepared to do those things then I would prefer that they remain wherever they are currently.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Guiness likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:27 pm

Over 7,000 new cases yesterday alone, in CA.  Just add in TX and FL and it´s not hard to see why people would want to come here. And those are 3 sunbelt states.

Some people here are not wearing masks or distancing properly, but I don´t think it´s anywhere near as bad as the US with the Trump rallies, protesters, all the beaches being crowded, churches wanting religious freedom (whatever that is?), Republicans wanting to emulate their macho, stupid leader, and a few other categories.
The majority of Mexicans are taking this seriously but there will always be a few miscreants.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:22 pm

slainte39 wrote:

Over 7,000 new cases yesterday alone, in CA.  Just add in TX and FL and it´s not hard to see why people would want to come here. And those are 3 sunbelt states.

Some people here are not wearing masks or distancing properly, but I don´t think it´s anywhere near as bad as the US with the Trump rallies, protesters, all the beaches being crowded, churches wanting religious freedom (whatever that is?), Republicans wanting to emulate their macho, stupid leader, and a few other categories.
The majority of Mexicans are taking this seriously but there will always be a few miscreants.

Do you really think the majority of Mexicans are taking IT seriously..I guess we travel in different parts, but from my experience, there are a significant number of MX who are disregarding the mask thing and distance apart , I would suggest the reason for MX having low numbers is the low testing and "fudging" actual reason for death.
Why MX does not halt the potential "carriers" arriving from the USA is beyond me

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:43 pm

Both of the individuals coming are in the HIGH risk group...one a stage 4 cancer survivor of over 5 yrs...the other an open heart surgery survivor. They feel safer here than in Sinaloa.

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:14 pm

lakeside7 wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

Do you really think the majority of Mexicans are taking IT seriously..I guess we travel in different parts, but from my experience, there are a significant number of MX who are disregarding the mask thing and distance apart , I would suggest the reason for MX having low numbers is the low testing and "fudging" actual reason for death.
Why MX does not halt the potential "carriers"  arriving  from the USA is beyond me

My family, which is large extended, is taking it very seriously.  I have 6 grand daughters home schooling because schools are closed, and
they and all their class mates are taking it seriously, as well as older family members, who own businesses or home not working their jobs.  Everywhere I go for necessary errands, banks, groceries, gasoline, farmacias, hospital, utility companies offices, etc., etc., are following the protocols for the most part. 100% no, but the majority are.
I don´t know where you are "traveling" but I guess we must be "traveling" different parts. Even the few restaurants I have been to are fairly good at compliance.  I don´t go to bars, malecons, parks, or any business that isn´t essential so can´t speak for everywhere.
Even the OXXO where I get coffee in the mornings, the employees and the clientele are very good about giving distance when purchasing and paying.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:47 pm

Well in Ajijic centro where I hang out I would say 50% of the Mexicans are wearing masks and maybe 70% of the Gringos. I get out and about almost everyday. I wear a mask but I don't begrudge those that don't. I just cross the street.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:12 pm

Just had to go downtown here in Sayulita for some groceries. Probably saw at least 70  Mexicans, most local, a few who looked like tourists (no gringoes this trip) some running stores, some running taco stands or restaurants, some just walking down the street, some sitting around together socializing. Not one was wearing a mask, not one, even down around their neck.
And none paid the slightest bit of attention to the distancing marks on the floor of the stores.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:16 pm

Yeah, I just know the businesses I frequent, family, and friends and things seem pretty good to me.  I don´t walk the sidewalks of the town or hang out in the Plaza so that could be quite different.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:23 pm

mudgirl wrote:Just had to go downtown here in Sayulita for some groceries. Probably saw at least 70  Mexicans, most local, a few who looked like tourists (no gringoes this trip) some running stores, some running taco stands or restaurants, some just walking down the street, some sitting around together socializing. Not one was wearing a mask, not one, even down around their neck.
And none paid the slightest bit of attention to the distancing marks on the floor of the stores.

So they don´t have inspectors checking the businesses with permisos to be open?  They sure are here at lakeside and Guad., and no one wants to get shut down.  Yesterday they shut down an entire mall in Guad., Centro Magno, for violators, one of the bigger malls.
Of course, Sayulito is in Nayarit, so maybe that´s the difference.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:27 pm

slainte39 wrote: So they don´t have inspectors checking the businesses with permisos to be open?  They sure are here at lakeside and Guad., and no one wants to get shut down.  Yesterday they shut down an entire mall in Guad., Centro Magno, for violators, one of the bigger malls.
Of course, Sayulito is in Nayarit, so maybe that´s the difference.

No, there don't seem to anyone enforcing anything. And you're right, it's a different state. I see the same lack of masks and distancing in Bucerias and Mezcales. I do my major shopping in Puerto Vallarta and that's Jalisco, and there I see almost everyone wearing masks and the stores and shops have to follow the protocol. The upholsterer's supply shop where I buy a lot of stuff doesn't even let anyone in the store- there wouldn't be any way to distance in there- it's small and full of their products. So customers have to line up on the street (and almost everyone seems to be clued in about distancing), and when you're at the head of the line, you tell them what you want and they bring it out to you.
We were actually locked down here for about two and a half months, but that wasn't because of any state orders- the locals took it upon themselves to organize volunteers at both entrances to town and only allowed residents and delivery vehicles to enter and leave. So we kept the Semana Santa crowds out, thank god, but now those blockades are gone and everyone appears to think it doesn't matter anymore.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mwool Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:35 pm

artsnob wrote:I have some friends from New York arrive yesterday by car., no problem

Did they come in as tourists?
mwool
mwool

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:52 pm

This State difference is real, and historic. The U.S. congress debating the import of agricultural workers from Mexico, declared that the preference should be workers from North Jalisco, Los Altos. Workers from the two coasts were deemed to be quarrelsome, and bad tempered. This was also an attitude prevalent in Mexico City for many, many years.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:01 pm

CHILLIN wrote:This State difference is real, and historic. The U.S. congress debating the import of agricultural workers from Mexico, declared that the preference should be workers from North Jalisco, Los Altos. Workers from the two coasts were deemed to be quarrelsome, and bad tempered. This was also an attitude prevalent in Mexico City for many, many years.

Can you give a cite for this statement...I've googled but came up empty. I would like to read more about this. Thx.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:41 pm

My hairdresser brought a face mask for Chicka my dog, but we very rarely go out...

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:16 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:
CHILLIN wrote:This State difference is real, and historic. The U.S. congress debating the import of agricultural workers from Mexico, declared that the preference should be workers from North Jalisco, Los Altos. Workers from the two coasts were deemed to be quarrelsome, and bad tempered. This was also an attitude prevalent in Mexico City for many, many years.

Can you give a cite for this statement...I've googled but came up empty.  I would like to read more about this.  Thx.

Yeah, I would like to see it too.  Which session of congress and where´s the proof?  I won´t believe it until I see some real substantiation.
And who determined it was "an attitude prevalent in Cd. de Mexico for many, many years"?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down