INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reasons for US vis CAD relocating to MX

+4
ferret
gringal
CanuckBob
lakeside7
8 posters

Go down

Reasons for US vis CAD relocating to MX Empty Reasons for US vis CAD relocating to MX

Post by lakeside7 Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:54 am

I wonder if there are significant different reasons between US and Canadians wanting to live in Mexico. Would you like to respond, maybe with 3/5 reasons?

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Bubba2shoes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Reasons for US vis CAD relocating to MX Empty Re: Reasons for US vis CAD relocating to MX

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:13 am

I think for Canadians it is primarily about the weather, culture and lower cost of some things although prices have increased dramatically in the past 10 years particularly for medical and rents.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Plan B likes this post

Back to top Go down

Reasons for US vis CAD relocating to MX Empty Re: Reasons for US vis CAD relocating to MX

Post by gringal Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:23 am

Maybe not to the point, but recently the news had a article about what a "modest" retirement would cost in the various states and I was a bit gobsmacked by the estimates. The least costly state of Mississippi required an income of over 40 grand and savings in the several hundred thousands of dollars and my former state of CA required an income of over 70 grand and savings of a million. Who can manage that, I have to wonder? If that's "modest", what does "comfortable" require???
Don't know about Canada, so is it the same story, or different?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:43 am

From a Canadian...
1) weather
2) cost of living... no constant heating or air conditioning. Fresh fruits and vegetables at a reasonable price.
3) no long distances to acquire basic groceries/health care/shopping... basically everything
4) no salt on the roads in winter to wreck your car so it lasts longer... in addition to #3
5) the lesson (invaluable) that family comes first, friends come first and everything else can just take its sweet time
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:51 am

I think if you were to travel to Canada as a Mexican the main difference will be that the majority of people would be very friendly and welcoming. There would be smiles on their faces, maybe from vacation memories or just good advertising. You would hear " I love Mexico"' many times. In much of the U.S.A. you would hear a grunt and " Why would I want to travel to, or live in Mexico, it is already here! " At least three white Texans I have talked to that when growing up, it was not considered proper to befriend or date Mexican Americans. Also Canadians, many with European or international ancestors are more open to travel and adventure. It is astonishing to me the number of Americans who have never been outside of the country and are quite proud of that. Yet Mexicans too are tremendous international travellers, well the ones who can afford it anyways.

There is also a large, well funded safety net in place in Canada so many don' t have the anxieties of potential medical costs, rental costs (there is a supplemental income for seniors), and a network of leisure and recreation centres well funded by lottery proceeds. These factors must influence the psyche of a nation?
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, Irish Gal, kiko and jgriff like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:21 am

Having pretty well traveled the world , I chose Mexico because number one the weather, number 2 the people and number 3 the food. Of course having a Mexican wife had a little to do with it but I was coming to Mexico even before I married. It is interesting almost all our friends here are either Mexican or Canadian. For some reason I don't meet many people from the USA. The food choices here are outstanding, in a short walk I can enjoy food from all over the world. I like to eat out at least once a day.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:59 am

One of my friends also mentioned The Proximity to an International Airport

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:44 am

Well international to primarily the US. Most everyehere else has to go through MEX.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:58 am

I felt I should clarify that a lot of traditional Mexican American families also did not like their kin hanging around with white people either. They wanted to select suitors with the same patience and diligence as to breeding fine race horses. This is also in Canada, where the SikhPunjabi community was not happy if their kids were hanging out with white kids. In the native aboriginal community it is much more complicated because of many years enduring racism, and then the government allowing tribal status, and benefits to mixed race marriages. Before, a mixed race marriage meant loss of tribal status. Today there are so many mixed marriages that native activists are warning of DNA and cultural dilution. A sort of reverse discrimination. So as someone mentioned, no race or culture is free of these discriminations and stereotypes.
I have heard that in Mexico mixed race marriages can be difficult. The white side implying they could have done "better",' the Mexican side implying they are marrying for money.
It is a tough one allright, all I can say is let love rule. Always.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:39 pm

CHILLIN wrote:
I have heard that in Mexico mixed race marriages can be difficult. The white side implying they could have done "better",' the Mexican side implying they are marrying for money.

Having several in my immediate family and knowing many more, that would CERTAINLY be the exception and not the rule.
A sad comment!!!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:56 pm

OK. Another voice and experience. This is a demotcracy, but please believe me I hope culture is on your side.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Bubba2shoes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearded Beemer Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:12 pm

Is an Alaskan just a Canadian with wishful thinking?
Our desires for relocating are:
Cost of living compared with here.
The people.
The food.
The culture.
Absolutely fed up with American politics(both sides), and our ME first attitude towards life.
Bearded Beemer
Bearded Beemer

Humor : Twisted

RickS and Jubilacion like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:38 pm

Lol.......an Alaskan is a Canadian with huge medical costs.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Irish Gal, ferret, Lady Otter Latté, kiko and Bearded Beemer like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down