INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9-1-1 in Lakeside?

5 posters

Go down

9-1-1 in Lakeside? Empty 9-1-1 in Lakeside?

Post by Jubilacion Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:33 am

My wife read a Facebook posting to me that implied the individual called 9-1-1 in Ajijic for Cruz Roja in an emergency? We don't yet have a landline phone (we do have a number but no device yet) so my wife said she'd use her cell phone. That started a discussion down the rabbit hole.   Shocked

1) Are Emergency numbers Lakeside direct dial or 911 for emergencies - Health, Fire and Police?

2) I found a list of Emergency Phone numbers at the top of this category which I think are still accurate, but I assume you'd better know some Spanish to tell them what you need, is that correct? Does anyone have a list of things to say?

Muchas Gracias!

Jubilacion
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Yes, please!

Back to top Go down

9-1-1 in Lakeside? Empty Re: 9-1-1 in Lakeside?

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:14 am

Your best bet is to get a personal GP who will give you their cell number. In an emergency call them and have them call whomever is needed.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Plan B and Jubilacion like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:33 am

I will leave it to others to inform you of the numbers because the only ones I have are from the 2020 Chapala Directory... Red Cross (Cruz Roja) 376-765-2308 and 376-765-2553
I highly recommend the kindle download of the book Emergency Medical Spanish for Travellers. It was written by a member of this forum.
https://www.amazon.com/Emergency-Medical-Spanish-Travelers-Marilyn-ebook/dp/B004Y5FSGS/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=emergency+spanish+for+travelers&qid=1601474811&sr=8-9
That said, if you are just learning Spanish and don't know the letter pronunciation then this may be difficult because, in my download from 2013, there is no phonetic pronunciation provided.
Emergency: Urgencia (ur Hen see ah)
Heart: Corazon (Core A zon)
Brain: Cerebra
etc.

I think that using a cell phone with the location finder on MAY be of help to an ambulance as opposed to an address. I don't know that for sure.
I would also make a list of current medical issues and medications being taken and have copies and keep one on your person. You wouldn't want to have an emergency operation without informing them that you're taking an anti-coagulant regularly.
Get yourself a GP here and give them a rundown of what's going on with you. It's so much easier to provide the GP's number and they will provide you with many means of communicating with them.
Above all, be a boy or girl scout and be prepared, as above, just in case.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Jubilacion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:12 am

I got sick last week while in San juan and there the number to call is cruz verde . A friend of me who was with me called them and they came within 5 minutes.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:35 pm

This page from the Canadian Club shows a list of numbers, that you can copy and print with a little fiddling. No idea how recent it is, because they neglect to post a date alongside the information.

http://www.canadianclubmx.com/links-numbers-and-utilities.html
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:43 pm

Good link CG! ONE CAVEAT... YOU MUST DIAL THE THREE DIGIT AREA CODE IN FRONT OF THE SEVEN DIGIT PHONE NUMBER OR THE CALL WILL NOT GO THROUGH.
The area code for the municipality of Chapala (which includes Ajijic) is 376.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down