INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Hair Salon and Stylist for Women's Cut and Color

+5
ferret
CanuckBob
MsAlex1
sm1mex
Jubilacion
9 posters

Go down

Good Hair Salon and Stylist for Women's Cut and Color Empty Good Hair Salon and Stylist for Women's Cut and Color

Post by Jubilacion Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:59 pm

My wife is trying to find a nice Hair Salon and Stylist in Lakeside or Guadalajara that does a consistently good job with women's Cut & Color. Any suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Gracias amigos!

flag waver

Jubilacion
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Yes, please!

Back to top Go down

Good Hair Salon and Stylist for Women's Cut and Color Empty Re: Good Hair Salon and Stylist for Women's Cut and Color

Post by sm1mex Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:40 am

Lulu. 376-766-0937 for appointment.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Jubilacion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Good Hair Salon and Stylist for Women's Cut and Color Empty Re: Good Hair Salon and Stylist for Women's Cut and Color

Post by MsAlex1 Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:55 pm

I highly recommend Dana Douin.  He's done my color-and-cut for as long as he's been Lakeside, which I think is eight years.  He's in Ajijic, has a salon (for one client at a time) in his home, and given that he's from Maine (by way of Las Vegas) his English is excellent.  He's a terrific artist too.
Dana Douin's home phone:  ‭(376) 766-2953.

Alexandra

MsAlex1

Lady Otter Latté and Jubilacion like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:21 am

My wife uses Edith's on Ocampo just west of Colon in Ajijic.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

TomQC, kamcd and Jubilacion like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:29 am

I don't colour my hair. It's white, 'nuff said. But I normally would get my hair cut, once at month, at Christine's Salon in the Laguna Mall.
That salon is small with a LOT of people in it and is one of the reasons my hair hasn't been cut since February.
Currently sporting a small messy bun and, damn, had to order white bobby pins from Amazon. Occasionally, I trim my bangs... and, damn, I had to buy scissors for that.
Thinking of shaving my head and wearing a wig.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, K2tog and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:43 am

I'm with Ferret. I just let it grow and either clip back and hang on down or put in a bun. Salons are too risky these days. Something to be said for wigs!! Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilacion Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:16 pm

sm1mex wrote:Lulu. 376-766-0937 for appointment.

Thanks sm1mex, is Lulu in a salon in town or working out of her home?

Jubilacion
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:34 pm

Darios 185A Ocampo, Ajijic. 376 766 4908
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:38 am

ferret wrote:I don't colour my hair. It's white, 'nuff said. But I normally would get my hair cut, once at month, at Christine's Salon in the Laguna Mall.
That salon is small with a LOT of people in it and is one of the reasons my hair hasn't been cut since February.
Currently sporting a small messy bun and, damn, had to order white bobby pins from Amazon. Occasionally, I trim my bangs... and, damn, I had to buy scissors for that.
Thinking of shaving my head and wearing a wig.

I'm terrified of hairdressers. That's because I've only met two in my life who understood how to cut the kind of hair I have and the kind of style I like (messy bed-head). All the rest did things that made me go home and cry. One of the worst was when I ended up with the dreaded Farrah Fawcett do. So I've gotten pretty good at chopping away at it myself, which means COVID hasn't changed that routine.

And after dying my hair for about 18 years, I finally decided to let it go natural a couple years ago and man, was that ever a good decision and an every three-week chore off my plate. I had just assumed that it was boring grey that would make me look about 15 years older, because that's what the growing-out roots looked like to me when I was dying it, but when I finally decided to stop, it turned out to be a pretty nice silver like my grandma's and still has some dark brown hairs mixed in. And it's way softer and healthier looking since I stopped putting all that dye in. Hard to believe now that I rubbed those chemicals into my scalp all those years.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, ferret and kamcd like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:24 am

Well said re the chemicals. The first and last visit I made to a hair dresser was as a teen getting prepared for a prom. My long, thick ponytail ended as a "poodle cut". I wept. My mom and my date just looked horrified. Been salon-free since.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:28 am

The growing out part is kind of hilarious and 2020 would be a perfect year to do it.
At one point in time, I looked like a skunk then like my tri-coloured Yorkie. Did it about 30 years ago when the dye job took four hours of chemicals to get the white hair to accept the colour. WTF? Starting getting white hairs when I was 18. It's me. Let 'er be.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:59 am

I have several friends who've had white hair since I met them, and they all look great! They are also people with true self confidence. The fact is that Western society is largely ageist, and women are encouraged to look as young as possible. Thus, the popularity of plastic surgeons and dye jobs. However, both are usually very obvious to the observer.
...and yes, some of us are way off the subject at this point! Mea culpa!
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:04 am

It will always be a personal choice. My opinion on my white hair? I earned every single one of 'em.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Just got back from Dario. he wears a mask and so does hs assistant. was alone 50% of the time and nanother woman came.. we all had asks and were sitting away from each other.I felt safe. I had a quick haircut and went all with mask.. I do not color my hair so I did not stay there very long as Dario is very quick.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:59 pm

Jubilation. Lulu has her shop inside Hacienda Del Lago.
At the end of Indepencia on the right. Mountain side. Beautiful place and large shop. Only her.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilacion Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:05 am

sm1mex wrote:Jubilation. Lulu has her shop inside Hacienda Del Lago.  
At the end of Indepencia on the right. Mountain side. Beautiful place and large shop. Only her.

Excelente! Thank you.

Jubilacion
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilacion Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:10 am

brigitte wrote:Just got back from Dario. he wears a mask and so does hs assistant.  was alone 50% of the time and nanother woman came.. we all had asks and were sitting away from each other.I felt safe. I had a quick haircut and went all with mask.. I do not color my hair so I did not stay there very long as Dario is very quick.

Gracias Brigitte y Kiko for the recommendation!

Jubilacion
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down