INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid 19 vaccine

+13
RoyD
BisbeeGal
gatosigi
ComputerGuy
mudgirl
CHILLIN
beener
slainte39
jgriff
brigitte
Jreboll
CanuckBob
artsnob
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Covid 19 vaccine Empty Covid 19 vaccine

Post by artsnob Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:23 am

Does anyone know when it will be available lakeside, because l am 80 with acute asthma that l would be first to get it, where do we register...

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Covid 19 vaccine Empty Re: Covid 19 vaccine

Post by CanuckBob Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:15 am

Maybe talk with your GP?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:28 am

Wasn’t AMLO in talks with Putin about getting the Russian vaccine?

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:20 pm

I read they were getting Sputnik in December.. we will see..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:06 pm

Are you sure you want to try it ?

Covid 19 vaccine Putin10
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Canada_Mike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:16 pm

artsnob wrote:Does anyone know when it will be available lakeside,  because l am 80 with acute asthma that l would be first to get it, where do we register...

The Russian vaccine will be the first available here, as Bob says check with your primary physician. I think the first to receive it will be the health care workers and professionals.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

little italy and kamcd like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beener Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Are you willing to get a shot of God only knows what.
Remember the 50's and untested vaccine, I don't need 3 thumbs,,,
Think first folks

beener

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:05 pm

I think most of us here are of an age where we do not worry about potential birth defects. Both Russia and China have created some world class technogical and medical breakthroughs, but they do not get the recognitian they deserve.

Besides, I would like three thumbs, I would become the world's best bass player and hitchhiker. You are getting a shot of God only knows what everytime you consume an overprocessed food item.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:06 pm

beener wrote:Are you willing to get a shot of God only knows what.
Think first folks

What "untested vaccine" are you referring to? I seem to remember the polio vaccine, in the 50's, saving millions from a life in a wheelchair.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:58 pm

chillin there are two sides to the story, one China and Russia may have the capabilty to produce a good vaccine, the problem is that you cannot trust their system of check and balance as the government there is all powerful and will do whatever they want to do that suit them. They really do not care about colateral damage..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:31 pm

1950's: Smallpox, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis. Polio (IPV). None of these caused serious issues. Then came measles, mumps, and rubella., and so on. The only problem with any of them was because of that idiot doctor, who immediately lost his license, writing in a British journal. He created today's herd of anti-vaccers out of thin air. Each and every one now a moron.

The poster is no doubt thinking of thalidomide, for pregnant women. It was not a vaccine.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

jgriff likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:34 pm

I’ve seen a few doctors who go against established medical teachings. They espouse things like high fat, high salt diets. I believe they’re doing this just to get hits.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:49 pm

Think first folks

I don't recall any untested vaccines. But more to the point, would you be suggesting that the Covid-19 vaccines are "untested"? As in, it's taken them this long to not test them?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:05 pm

There is a good probability that the herd need to serve the hive is much higher in Russia and China. The equivocal, actual out of pocket prices, are vastly apart.

Better Dead than Red come to life.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:52 pm

Jreboll wrote:I’ve seen a few doctors who go against established medical teachings.  They espouse things like high fat, high salt diets. I believe they’re doing this just to get hits.

There are definitely doctors who have alternative ideas that abrade the medical establishment. They aren't all kooks, though. The high fat thing- it's actually true that people have been led to believe that they should eat a low fat diet no matter what and that isn't healthy. Fats are a essential part of what we should be consuming but it's that there are good fats that we should be eating and bad ones that we should never eat. I heard an interview with a pediatrician on CBC many years ago who said he was seeing more and more children who were malnourished. It wasn't that they were poor- they came from well-off families. But they were being fed "low fat" everything, and skim milk, when children require a lot of fat in their diet to stay healthy and develop good brain function. He said there's no reason for healthy adults to avoid good fats or eat low fat diets unless they never exercise, are overweight, and lead sedentary lives.

There is a doctor in Italy who was vilified by the Italian medical establishment because of his unconventional cancer treatments. He believes, with good reason, that cancer is candida gone wild and that it arises from an acidic system. He was pumping a simple baking soda, i.e. alkaline, solution directly to the affected organs of his cancer patients and they were all being cured. But that was far too simple a solution for the medical and pharmaceutical industries. He even said, Hey, if the pharmaceutical companies want to create a cancer drug which is just a simple solution like I'm using, give it a fancy name and charge a fortune for it, that doesn't matter to me- I'm just trying to save my patients' lives.

There are people with innovative ideas which go against mainstream thinking, in many fields, and although there are many who are just nut cases or out to make a buck by selling their book, or their treatments, but they certainly aren't all wrong. Sometimes it takes many years for the rest of their profession to come around to the same way of thinking. Back in the 50's doctors encouraged women to bottle-feed. This was proven to be a poor alternative to breast feeding, and now women are encouraged to breast-feed.

People used to think the world was flat (and some still do). Someone has to be the first to challenge current ideas which may be false or misguided.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:58 pm

Think first folks

Russia and China are not backward countries when it comes to science and technology.  The US has to jump through hoops to get intelligence about where they are in a lot of fields.
Whether I would use the Russian vaccine or not, depends on how many dead, or serious side effects the recipients develop.
They are probably more reliable than some of Trump´s medical expertise.(or his gifted Dr., who advises him)

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gatosigi Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:55 am

I am hearing more media talk about the Pfizer vaccine coming first. Governor Alfaro and the University of Guadalajara in the Spanish language report cited below announce the Sistema Radar Jalisco for distribution plans for several vaccines. The plan includes using some of the ultra cold freezers at the university. Those over 60, and people with chronic health coditions like hypertension will have priority.

https://tribunadelabahia.com.mx/noticias/jalisco/disenan-plan-para-aplicar-vacuna-contra-covid-en-jalisco-40592

Last edited by gatosigi on Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gatosigi Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:31 am

Today, El Informador reports Dr Hugo Lopez-Gatell saying that distribution of vaccines is a matter for the federal government, not states.
"México iniciará la aplicación de la vacuna a finales de diciembre, al igual que en la Unión Europea, aseguró esta semana el titular de la Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores (SRE), Marcelo Ebrard."
[Mexico will start administering the vaccine at the end of Dec...]

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:21 am

gatosigi wrote:Today, El Informador reports Dr Hugo Lopez-Gatell saying that distribution of vaccines is a matter for the federal government, not states.
"México iniciará la aplicación de la vacuna a finales de diciembre, al igual que en la Unión Europea, aseguró esta semana el titular de la Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores (SRE), Marcelo Ebrard."
[Mexico will start administering the vaccine at the end of Dec...]

If so, we're doomed.

AMLO's a joke when it comes to decisions. He again declined to recognize Biden as president-elect 2 days ago when pressed by reporters.    

But I have some faith in Alfaro---he's not afraid to buck the system.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Canmex 87 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:52 am

Don't forget that AMLO, like Trump, genuinely feels that he was cheated out of a political victory by fraud in the last Mexican election. There is more going on here than not being able to make a decision.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:12 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Don't forget that AMLO, like Trump, genuinely feels that he was cheated out of a political victory by fraud in the last Mexican election. There is more going on here than not being able to make a decision.
AMLO is also a Covid denier. Idiota!
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Canmex 87 and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:06 pm

OK, from Florida. The vaccines (Pfizer & Moderna) are already being shipped to distribution centers. Here that is 5 Hospitals located in Jacksonville, Orlando, Hollywood (yeah we have one here too) Miami, & Tampa. It has to be chilled to -75 degrees and there are few places that can handled that. I read the state distribution plan, that was updated Nov. 8th. 4000 nursing homes, and assisted living communities will get there vaccine first. Medical workers and first responders are next. Then comes high risk patients ( I am in that category but wife is not), then senors not yet covered in the previous groups. After that, the general public.

Florida will have the capability to deliver up to 5 million per month when it ramps up. everyone's waiting on the FDA at this point. I am confident that they will only approve the vaccines if they are SAFE. That does not mean there will not be side effects from the shots. Common effects reported in the trials are a sore arm in the shot area, headache sometimes, feeling under the weather for 48 hours, and on rare occasions a low grade fever. Second shot a month later has less side effects, similar to the first, shot only lasting 24 hours.

My wife and I have total confidence in the medical system's checks and balances to make sure these vaccines are safe. We will not hesitate to get vaccinated when our number comes up. We cannot come back to Ajijic until that happens.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:23 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Don't forget that AMLO, like Trump, genuinely feels that he was cheated out of a political victory by fraud in the last Mexican election.

AMLO WON the last Mexican election. Maybe the voters were cheated.... lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by helohfe Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:17 am

Neither vaccine have been shown to provide immunity to COVID, however they significantly reduce the effects post exposure..None of the tested (vaccinated) patients were challenged with the Covid virus..Both are mRNA based and require cold stowage. This is what I read in following various vaccine development programs..There are some other vaccines being developed that provide immunity to the current COVID strains. Do your own research.

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:31 am

helohfe wrote:Both are mRNA based and require cold stowage.

Only the Pfizer vaccine requires the -70C storage. The Moderna vaccine does require refrigeration but not to that extent. It requires -20C but it can stay effective stored in a regular refrigerator for up to 30 days after 'thawing', making it far less a logistical problem to roll out/administer.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next