INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic will be declared a Magic Town

+10
gringal
CanuckBob
slainte39
Ida Claire
brigitte
Zedinmexico
danpatman
Jreboll
ComputerGuy
MichaelB
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ajijic will be declared a Magic Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Ajijic will be declared a Magic Town

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:15 pm

I don't buy that. Colon and Revolucion hold up quite nice. Colon is a river when it rains. Valle de Bravo is far more mountainous than Ajijic and they have proper roads. They are also at the bottom of mountains.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

rckrckr, little italy and char-ming like this post

Back to top Go down

Ajijic will be declared a Magic Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Ajijic will be declared a Magic Town

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Whether you buy it or not matters not to the powers that be that make these decisions. And Colon is not paved.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

little italy dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:24 pm

Co!on is concrete and flagstone as I have suggested. Who said anything about pavement?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:40 pm

I assumed you meant concrete or pavement of some kind, because you said nothing about those streets being flagstone. You may recall it was only about two or three years ago that they had to redo it because it was already coming up from the work the year before. Anyway, it's a moot point.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:05 pm

The street is quite old but they have done some inferior repair jobs that don't last.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by karjoeaz Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:43 pm

Ajijic is worse then a small mountain village considering their resources. If anyone is interested in seeing decent streets go to Ixthalican and drive extensively around that town. That town puts Ajijic to sane. In comparison Ajijic is an over well-worn dump. When we have visitors they say that cannot understand the attraction to Ajijic. To a person they all prefer spending time in Chapala when here at lakeside.

karjoeaz

Humor : Halariuos w/alohol

LLiving and Mordita63 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:22 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The street is quite old but they have done some inferior repair jobs that don't last.

This is the main issue with roads, no matter what materials they are made of. Whether they are stone, pavers or pavement, they can hold up well or poorly depending on the quality of workmanship and the quality of the materials used. I did some cobblestone work on my little road that held up well for years, despite a rushing river of water running down it every rainy season, while some of the cobbled roads in town, done by city workers, had potholes within a year. And while there isn't a lot of traffic on my road, some heavy duty machinery does drive down it- huge trucks full of escombro or rocks, tractors, front-end loaders, gas trucks, water trucks, etc.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:22 pm

karjoeaz wrote:Ajijic is worse then a small mountain village considering their resources. If anyone is interested in seeing decent streets go to Ixthalican and drive extensively around that town. That town puts Ajijic to sane. In comparison Ajijic is an over well-worn dump. When we have visitors they say that cannot understand the attraction to Ajijic. To a person they all prefer spending time in Chapala when here at lakeside.

Good keep them all in Chapala!!

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

rckrckr and slainte39 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:14 pm

Itztlahuacan is better than Ajijic?? Well t has a wole lot more methlab hence more money but I go there with an artian friend of mine and I fail to see what is great about the town.. TO each its own.. yes continue to take people there and to Chapala.. they are way better places.. Ja ja ja ..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal and slainte39 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:02 pm

Totally agree, I like Ajiic just the way it is or is going to be. I drive a 3 seat long van and have no problem getting around the town, but I drive under the speed limit and watch the streets. Same with walking, just take your time and watch where you are walking.

Ajijic is like most of my friends....we have grown old together.... lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:36 pm

They have a large crew working on the main street of Chapala, just before the bus station. You can see them removing the paving bricks, stacking them up. Some are being chiselled for fit. It appears to be a repair to a major water main. They embedded in brown sand, not the less expensive yellow sand. You can imagine if they were all concreted, a major time sucking job, on critical road.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:51 pm

And good timing! I have to marvel at the municipio's roadwork schedules. Always during major holiday seasons. As I recall, every single bit of work on that road has been undertaken during Carnaval, or Easter, etc. Same usually with Colon in Ajijic. Call it a "magic town" and then make haste to piss everyone off who comes to see it. Has anyone seen the vast number of complaints from Tapatios and other visitors, on Facebook, about this place lately?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:24 am

karjoeaz wrote:Ajijic is worse then a small mountain village considering their resources. If anyone is interested in seeing decent streets go to Ixthalican and drive extensively around that town. That town puts Ajijic to sane. In comparison Ajijic is an over well-worn dump. When we have visitors they say that cannot understand the attraction to Ajijic. To a person they all prefer spending time in Chapala when here at lakeside.

Talk to the locals. They do not want any changes of any kind. Revolution and Colon are exceptions to the rules established by locals. If you don't believe me remember the stink over the yellow crosswalks. They screamed. We have them in SAT and the yellow has toned down and everybody likes them. Ajijic has a problem with change. They believe the water drains better and cools the streets when they use rocks and sand. I got this info from my barber shop and talking to a few locals who admitted that locals here don't like change. Things are very different a mile away in SAT.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2