INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fogon de Charlotte, Owner Shot and Killed at Restaurant

5 posters

Go down

Fogon de Charlotte, Owner Shot and Killed at Restaurant Empty Fogon de Charlotte, Owner Shot and Killed at Restaurant

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:32 am

This probably belongs under Crime, but thought I'd post here since it happened at a local restaurant. At about 7:30 last night from other sources.

https://translate.google.com/?sl=es&tl=en&text=http%3A%2F%2Fsemanariolaguna.com%2F55147%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1erxBa0-VMVcuGm3zIGVvdf43p_l1qvV-O-I-ah4rp5ZNtnTCDKsplUrY&op=translate

MAN KILLED IN RESTAURANT IN AJIJIC BYPASS
THE PERPETRATOR FLED DUE TO THE BYPASS IN A WHITE TRUCK

December 01, 2020
A man died from gunshots, this inside a restaurant of the Ajijic - Chapala bypass, the fact was recorded during the afternoon of this Tuesday, December 1st. The perpetrator escaped in a white van.

The first reports indicate an exchange of shots, a fact that has not been confirmed, while the version is also handled that after an argument, a person shot the victim to flee the scene.

The deceased responded to the name of Carlos, it is unknown if he is a neighbor of the Ribera de Chapala. El Fogón de Charlotte was secured by authorities while staff from the Jalisco Institute of Forensic Sciences were waiting. The incident is recorded on the same day that Ajijic received its appointment as "Pueblo Mágico."
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Fogon de Charlotte, Owner Shot and Killed at Restaurant Empty Re: Fogon de Charlotte, Owner Shot and Killed at Restaurant

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:44 am

Wow...that's horrible. RIP.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Fogon de Charlotte, Owner Shot and Killed at Restaurant Empty Re: Fogon de Charlotte, Owner Shot and Killed at Restaurant

Post by Dostortas Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:51 am

I’m heart sick for their little girl. That scene will play over in her mind a trillion times in her lifetime. Our hearts go out to their family.

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, Carry Bean, Irish Gal, K2tog and Plan B like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:24 am

I believe there is a go fund me to raise money for Lori and their daughter Charlotte. She is about 9 or 10 years old, smart as a whip, cute as a button.
I think Lori and Carlos hoped to leave the restaurant to her if she didn't choose to go on to larger things. This is the second restaurant shooting in the past two weeks. I don't know much about the first shooting, except he is alive, in a private hospital, and they are also crowdfunding. This, on top of the 113 drug war bodies found in El Salto are making the people very angry.

It might be cartel, I have seen them try to extort a restaurant in Puerto Vallarta. First they show up with a glamourous entourage, run up a bill, then refuse to pay, then they get intimidating, and all the restaurant workers stand strong to get them out of the restaurant. The episode that I saw, the police wearing black, were already in position with long rifles. The scrambled like rats to the beach and hid their drugs. Then back to their cars. A Ferrarri and a Maserati Quadricoupe. None of the boys or girls were much over 20 years old. I was told they were sons of drug cartels, who often made deliveries. It struck me as stupid they would use such conspicuous vehicles for deliveries.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:17 pm

The fund raising efforts are based in facebook. Lake Chapala Crime Watch. Based on an online auction to benefit the family and employees.

Great people. Many will remember them when they ran Lake Taco, beside the carwash, behind the Pemex.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:27 am

I think it’s lovely how the community came together for a candlelight vigil and fund raising for the family. My concern is, it’s posted all over facebook that so far they have raised XX,000 pesos for the family. I think the amount should remain private for security reasons, keeping in mind the crime was perpetrated because of extortion.

May the family find some comfort and peace knowing how loved they are by their community.

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:02 pm

Dostortas wrote: keeping in mind the crime was perpetrated because of extortion.    

Has that been established with certainty as there have been several different versions of why this happened.
Not that it makes any difference to the terrible loss of the family and the community.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:11 pm

The police have been going around speaking with business owners about extortion, tips for avoiding it and also a phone number to report it.

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:38 pm

slainte39 wrote:
Dostortas wrote: keeping in mind the crime was perpetrated because of extortion.    

Has that been established with certainty as there have been several different versions of why this happened.
Not that it makes any difference to the terrible loss of the family and the community.

So what are the different versions??

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:15 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

So what are the different versions??

All rumors and hearsay...

1...a disagreement/argument over a matter other than extortion
2...trying to stop a crime being committed to a patron
3...some complicated relationship to the shooting in Riberas from the week before.

A man is dead and no reason is acceptable.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

RickS and Mrs. Rupert like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:49 pm

Drove by this morning. Everything moved out. Closed for good. Sad.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:14 pm

https://www.lavozdelaribera.mx/detienen-a-dos-presuntos-extorsionadores-en-chapala/

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down