INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid Vaccinations Florida

+15
Sherman
mudgirl
ferret
Jreboll
mattoleriver
lakeside7
ComputerGuy
Zedinmexico
BisbeeGal
RickS
slainte39
Carry Bean
Canmex 87
CanuckBob
RoyD
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Covid Vaccinations Florida - Page 2 Empty Re: Covid Vaccinations Florida

Post by Jreboll Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:17 pm

Moderna. Will report back with my experience. Here’s more info.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/12/31/covid-19-vaccinations-offered-by-university-health-for-seniors-people-with-chronic-medical-conditions/?outputType=amp

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:27 pm

Jreboll wrote:My wife and I(over 65yo) and my 45yo diabetic son are signed up for Tuesday in San Antonio, TX.
Maybe some of you should consider flying into Texas to get it.

I think I'm a lot safer without a vaccine and staying mostly home and taking precautions when out, than flying to the COVID capital of the world.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, slainte39, brigitte, LLiving and kamcd like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:28 am

Continuing the saga, I found out that the Duval County phone system started working on Thursday at 5 pm. We stopped calling as the office closes at 5 pm. In 90 minutes, the booked the appointments for the whole week after we stopped calling.

Got up Monday and started calling and finally got through to a live person after 3 hours of calling (love redial). They took our info and will call us back to schedule us when they have the schedule for next week's vaccinations. So, it looks like we will get our vacs sometime next week. They are also working on a online registration system so people can make appointments that way (they should have done that first).

Onto masks. I have found out that any mask you wear will not protect you from Covid except NP95, which you cannot buy in the US as they are reserved for the health care industry. Testing companies have found the the KN94, made in South Korea is almost as good as the NP95, but are available to buy for us non-health care people. There are cheap imitations available out there, so you need to find out if it is genuinely made in South Korea (not China). I got mine today. Took about 2 weeks to get them. If you got to go out to shop, the NK94 is the mask you should wear for the best protection possible.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:55 pm

On the news was an announcement that India now has a vaccine. With that information, how do we find out the source of the vaccine Mexico is using?

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:44 pm

Mexico will use different vaccines but will have a lot of the british one that is easier to store, only 60 something percent effective and is just being approved and not until a month or two in some countries.. It is a one shot vaccine as well

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:32 am

Mudgirl,

The new strain of Covid is HIGHLY contagious, which is why the US is the Covid capital of the world right now. You CANNNOT risk NOT getting the vaccine as soon as possible. It's your life on the line if your a senior or have medical issues that make you high risk.

Secondly, when you get the vaccine, you have to wait two to three weeks for your body to develop the antibodies that gives you the immunity protection. In case of Moderna, which is the one I think we will be getting Monday, that would be two to three weeks after the SECOND shot. With the UK vaccine it would be after 1 shot. I never thought about this, assuming that when I got the vaccine, I would be immune, but I was wrong. You are not immune until you have enough antibodies in your bloodstream. This is why you have to wait for a period of time after the shot.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:36 am

Brigitte,

I am seeing conflicting reports on the UK vaccine. I read a report yesterday saying it was 95% effective. I don't know who wrote that news blurb, but I think it is incorrect. What I have been reading is 65 to 70% effective.

You just got to take whatever you can get and hope for the best.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:38 am

RoyD wrote:Brigitte,

I am seeing conflicting reports on the UK vaccine. I read a report yesterday saying it was 95% effective. I don't know who wrote that news blurb, but I think it is incorrect. What I have been reading is 65 to 70% effective.

RoyD

DO YOU KNOw anything formally, or informally, about when the vaccine may be available in Mexico, and specifically Jalisco?

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:27 pm

RoyD wrote:Brigitte,

RoyD
I, too, heard that the British vaccine is a single injection which is 65%-70% effective. I have also heard that (either or both) the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have just about the same effectiveness after the first of two injections. I wonder what would happen if a guy got jabbed twice with the British vaccine?┣▇▇▇═─┣▇▇▇═─

Hey, CBob, we need some kinda needle emoji. Meanwhile here's my favorite nurse.
Covid Vaccinations Florida - Page 2 Screen19
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:53 pm

I have been told by Mexicans who follow the news closer than I do that I could get vaccinated in February or March .. I am 74
I alo heard the vaccination had been alted because a doctor in Guanajuato had a reaction.. Iwas told that a couple of days ago , I do not know if t is correct or if the vaccination has resumed..
Sometimes i February I will follow things more closely right now, I am not teeribly interested...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rotwein Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:18 am

Here in Fort Myers I am scheduled for Jan 21 at 0830.  Will see how it goes.

rotwein

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:44 am

Sherman wrote:

DO YOU KNOw anything formally, or informally, about when the vaccine may be available in Mexico, and specifically Jalisco?

This posted by Alfaro yesterday at his FB page.

Alfaro wrote:Enrique Alfaro Ramírez

Quiero informar a las y los jaliscienses que finalmente el Gobierno de la república dio a conocer la programación tentativa de la primera fase de vacunas contra el #COVID19.

Serán tres entregas para Jalisco: 32,175 dosis del 12 al 18 de enero, 26,325 del 19 al 25 de enero y 23,400 del 26 de enero al 1 de febrero.

Esta fase será para cubrir al personal de salud de instituciones públicas y privadas, empezando por quienes atienden a pacientes con #COVID19 y luego al resto del personal médico. Nosotros seguiremos insistiendo en incluir a las maestras y los maestros como prioridad para poder avanzar en el esfuerzo de regresar a clases presenciales.

Es evidente que este es apenas un primer paso. El esfuerzo que tendrá que hacerse para vacunar a toda la población es todavía enorme. Estaremos atentos a la programación que se haga para las siguientes fases.

Confiamos en que los compromisos establecidos con Jalisco en el Plan Nacional de Vacunación se cumplan en tiempo y forma.

El Gobierno de Jalisco refrenda su compromiso de coordinarse con el Gobierno de la república y de apoyar en todo lo necesario para enfrentar este reto en materia de salud pública.

I want to inform the Jaliscienses that finally the Government of the Republic announced the tentative programming of the first phase of vaccines against #COVID

There will be three deliveries for Jalisco: 32,175 dose from 12 to 18 January, 26,325 from 19 to 25 January and 23,400 from 26 January to 1 February

This phase will be to cover health personnel in public and private institutions, starting with those who care for #COVIDquire 9 patients and then the rest of the medical staff. We will continue to insist on including teachers and teachers as a priority in order to advance the effort to return to in-person classes.

Clearly this is just a first step. The effort that will have to be made to vaccinate the entire population is still enormous. We will keep an eye out for scheduling to be done for the next phases.

We are confident that the commitments set out to Jalisco in the National Vaccination Plan will be met in time and form.

The Government of Jalisco reaffirms its commitment to coordinate with the Government of the Republic and to support everything necessary to meet this public health challenge.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:07 pm

mattoleriver wrote:You will all be relieved to know that little Marco Rubio, who denounced Covid as a hoax for months, jumped right to the front of the line and was vaccinated days ago.Covid Vaccinations Florida - Page 2 74ebe89e03fe473d9bdf3eb391022d9d_md

Every person who has been a Covid denier, who refuses to take recommended precautions, should be barred from receiving a vaccine until everyone else has had one. And if they get the virus, they should be refused treatment.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean, ferret, slainte39 and LLiving like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:13 pm

Where are Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, & Harris in that picture? They were telling us all that the vaccine was unsafe before the election and jumped in the front of the line too to get theirs. The hypocrisy of politicians, in general.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, Giovanna, ferret, RickS and BisbeeGal dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:32 pm

Show me a single instance or quote of any of those people sayng the vaccine was "unsafe" before the election. The only reference anyone ever made to any kind of hesitation was before it was approved, as in: we ain't gone be givin' out no vaccine on a whim, y'all.

And then show me a single instance of any one of them jumping in front of the line. The government decided who should go first, and that included important politicians... which is exactly what I would have said.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, slainte39, RVGRINGO, Lady Otter Latté and RickS like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:04 pm

RoyD wrote:Where are Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, & Harris in that picture? They were telling us all that the vaccine was unsafe before the election and jumped in the front of the line too to get theirs. The hypocrisy of politicians, in general.

RoyD

I swear... will it never end!?!
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:26 pm

RoyD wrote:Where are Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, & Harris in that picture? They were telling us all that the vaccine was unsafe before the election and jumped in the front of the line too to get theirs. The hypocrisy of politicians, in general.

RoyD

Are you for real??? And if so, when did you return from DC.....???
Hope you stayed outside the building........ Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Heem and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rotwein Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:58 am

I received my first shot yesterday. Already have an appointment for the second shot.  Then I can travel.  What is this over 60 restriction in Ajijic I heard was in place?

rotwein

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:34 am

I see RoyD is card-carrying QAnon

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Heem likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:51 am

Covid Vaccinations Florida - Page 2 Shot11
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:45 am

rotwein wrote:I received my first shot yesterday. Already have an appointment for the second shot.  Then I can travel.  What is this over 60 restriction in Ajijic I heard was in place?

For clarification... the available vaccines do NOT reach their effectiveness level right when administered. The data says they it takes at least 15 or more days AFTER the second shot to reach their 95% effective rate.  And also maybe a little known fact is that the vaccine does not actually 'keep' one from getting the virus but rather, if one gets it, the symptoms are much milder and the 'shed' is said to be less. So wearing the mask and social distancing will still be important in order to knock it down.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and RVGRINGO like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:49 am

Jreboll wrote:I see RoyD is card-carrying QAnon

IMO that was an uncalled for remark.  Promotes nothing. Reminds me of the last four years which I would like to forget.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:01 am

rotwein wrote:I received my first shot yesterday. Already have an appointment for the second shot.  Then I can travel.  What is this over 60 restriction in Ajijic I heard was in place?

People over 60 have been asked to stay at home. Most are not. There is no enforcement although some businesses are not allowing people over 60 to enter. This is in place until Feb. 1.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:15 am

RickS wrote:

IMO that was an uncalled for remark.  Promotes nothing. Reminds me of the last four years which I would like to forget.
As the saying goes, “if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heem Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:07 pm

RickS wrote:

If we forget the last four years nothing will have been learned.

Heem
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, slainte39 and Lady Otter Latté like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:30 pm

Yes, I agree. Not forget... but move on from petty snarkyness. Not forget but try another approach attempting civility. Not forget but tone down the divisiveness.  It's tempting to use the tactics of those no longer in power. I just prefer to not lower myself to that level. YMMV, I understand.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, RVGRINGO, Lady Otter Latté and Heem like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next