INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Covid Vaccination

+10
ferret
Zedinmexico
brigitte
BisbeeGal
Playaboy
CanuckBob
ComputerGuy
rafterbr
RickS
RoyD
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

After Covid Vaccination - Page 2 Empty Re: After Covid Vaccination

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:10 pm

Bad Slainte. No uttering the "T" word......... Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

slainte39 and RickS like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:16 pm

slainte, Trump is gone, you should be happy.  Now the Dem get to put forth there agenda.  Move on.

My personal Dr. (the only medical authority I trust) told me to get an antibody test.  If I have enough covid antibodies then there is no need for any of the vaccines.  

Otherwise I will wait for half a billion people to be the guinea pigs and get vaccinated, see how each of them work and then decide which I might get.

"Maybe", "possibly", "if", "could", might are the words regulators use to justify the guidelines they impose.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:36 pm

Playaboy wrote:slainte, Trump is gone, you should be happy.  Now the Dem get to put forth there agenda.  Move on.

My personal Dr. (the only medical authority I trust) told me to get an antibody test.  If I have enough covid antibodies then there is no need for any of the vaccines.  

Otherwise I will wait for half a billion people to be the guinea pigs and get vaccinated, see how each of them work and then decide which I  might get.

"Maybe", "possibly", "if", "could", might are the words regulators use to justify the guidelines they impose.

I always get a second opinion when it comes to doctors. I hope your doctor is correct though.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:06 pm

Playaboy wrote:slainte, Trump is gone, you should be happy.  Now the Dem get to put forth there agenda.  Move on.

Otherwise I will wait for half a billion people to be the guinea pigs and get vaccinated, see how each of them work and then decide which I  might get.

Such confidence. Too bad you forgot the part about infecting others.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:16 pm

So, when do you take the test? Everyday? When you have symptoms? When you come into contact with a sick person? In the meantime you’ll be worrying everyday because herd immunity isn’t going to happen for a long time. If you do come down with symptoms check your underwear because you’re going to be shit out of luck.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

rafterbr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:37 pm

I think some medical authority also forgot to mention that there are only two ways to get antibodies...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, ferret and RickS like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:58 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Bad Slainte. No uttering the "T" word......... Beer

Very true, now I just have to get the soap out of my mouth....with Beer Beer Beer

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:05 pm

I am happy. I am moving on. No problem here.
Otherwise stick to your plan.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:56 am

Kiko, I don't need a 2nd opinion.  Dr. Levy has been my family GP for over 40 years.  He know me and more importantly I personally know him.  His advice for me is not the same as the advice he has my 90 yo dad and 88 yo mom.  Since my dad has several food allergies, he will personally accompany my parent when they get their shots next week to make sure he gets thru this OK.  I trust his judgement.

Jreboll, I will take a test when it is required, flying to the USA as an example.  No sense to continually get tested for no reason.

As long as the governments don't restrict me further, I will continue to live life.  I do not live in FEAR of covid.  If get it, I will be one of the 99% that survive with no lasting complications.  If I die, I die.

There are not many inches left for me on that tape measure of my life.  From the beginning of this plague last March, I have continued to live as normal a life as I can.    

I have also been in 12 different airport, taken over 20 flights, and have taken several road trips across Mexico and the USA.  Lots of empty airports, planes and hotels.  It has been a great time to travel and explore.   Having beers in Zihua, eating great BBQ in Houston, hanging with friends in Bacalar, exploring Patzcuaro, visiting my family in LA for the holidays, eating fish tacos in Mazatlan (just last week).  I have been having a lot of fun.

Computerguy, I wear a mask, wash my hand and social distance.  Following the CDC (BS) guidelines like I do, you should be TOTALLY safe around me according to the experts.

We all make choices in life.  Some choose to totally isolate (my parents), I choose to continue to live my life. I will not, have not, lived in FEAR.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:09 am

You confuse caution with fear. You will know fear when it comes knocking at your door. Enuff said.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:42 am

You just don't want to end up in the hospital with a $50K plus bill waiting for you if you survive......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:57 am

CanuckBob wrote:You just don't want to end up in the hospital with a $50K plus bill waiting for you if you survive......

I have excellent private health insurance and can chose my private hospital.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob likes this post

benjji dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:04 am

Jreboll wrote:You confuse caution with fear. You will know fear when it comes knocking at your door. Enuff said.

I am very cautious during my travels.  Are you saying that masks, handwashing and social distancing doesn't work?

It is all about the freedom of choice.  You chose caution and isolate because you are afraid. You have fear of being around someone that sneezes. It is obvious in all your posts

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:35 am

[quote="Playaboy"]

From the beginning of this plague last March, I have continued to live as normal a life as I can.    

I have also been in 12 different airport, taken over 20 flights, and have taken several road trips across Mexico and the USA.  Lots of empty airports, planes and hotels.  It has been a great time to travel and explore.   Having beers in Zihua, eating great BBQ in Houston, hanging with friends in Bacalar, exploring Patzcuaro, visiting my family in LA for the holidays, eating fish tacos in Mazatlan (just last week).  I have been having a lot of fun. quote]

What part about ESSENTIAL travel did you miss in the CDC's recommendations? None of what you've done sounds essential to me. You're just another selfish individual who thinks rules and regulations don't apply to him. Fear doesn't come into it but compassion and consideration for others certainly does.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Irish Gal, slainte39, benjji, SunshineyDay, Lucky Girl, rafterbr and Heem like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:33 am

CDC recommendations are just recommendations.  Most State and Local health depts choose which guidelines they will adopt  and the one's they won't.  Not one US. State has totally accepted all the CDC rules.  

Everyone here chooses the recommendations and guidelines they follow.  There are 100's of differing guidelines in the USA, depending where you are.  Go read all the local restrictions from all the different local health agencies.  You will see how fu-ked up it is.  Lots of COMMAND AND CONTROL, with little public health science behind it.  

How many of you are following the Jalisco lock down guidelines?  Look at the 60 and Walmart thread and at chapala.com.  Lots of folks ignoring the stay out of stores mandate.  

Slainte is a perfect example.  To quote "I went to 10 different businesses this AM, including Walmart and Oxxo (SAT, en frente Chula Vista), and had  no problem and I am way over 60.  Pulled my baseball cap low and my face mask high so they could only see my eyeballs.
At Pancho´s they asked me how old I was, I said 59.....good to go"
 The Jalisco government told you to stay home.  Was it essential to go to 10 different stores?  We MUST assume you are asymptomatic and a virus spreader.   I am sure it was important to you to get that imported specialty item at Pancho's, important enough to LIE to Pancho's employee.  

But I won't be a hypocrite.  Personally, I think nobody should not be restricted to go into a store.

Essential????  Who's definition of essential are we using? California's, Utah's, Florida's, Nevada's, Ontario's, Sonora's?  They are all different.  

It is essential to my personal health to be able to travel freely.  I can't stay locked up, I would go crazy.

Here is a routine from the great American philosopher, George Carlin.  It is the first 10 seconds of the video that applies to all of us.  The rest of the video is great too.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:18 am

Who gives a shyte about the multiple rules? Common sense should rule. Obviously there are those who don't have any.

Meantime, give me examples of the "hundreds" of rules. All you need to know is: mask, distancing, washing up, and minimizing contact. Period. I don't care if one store says 8 pm and another says no 60s.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:46 am

Go to any LEA web page.  Here is a couple of links for you.  

https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemiology/dc/2019-nCoV/reopening.html

https://covid19.colorado.gov/search?search=restaurants

http://www.ph.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/docs/protocols/Reopening_Restaurants.pdf

Just the other day I had dinner at Sizzler Utah.  No indoor dining restrictions

Cracker Barrel in Vegas was allowed only 25% occupancy.

Up till yesterday, only take out dining in Cal.  Now that people are going after the governor, he is allowing outdoor dining during the huge surge of cases in Cali. But don't turn on the TV.

Computerguy, you do know how to use google, don't you? Search the net for all the local LEA's and see all the differing rules and regulations.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:53 am

And that is exactly what is wrong with the U.S. response. There is no co-ordination from the top. Each state is free to do as they like and, combined with people who feel free to do as they like, this pandemic is going to last a lot longer than is necessary.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, RVGRINGO and Lady Otter Latté like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:40 am

On the other hand I don't know if Canada is doing that much better if you times all their stats by 10 to match the US population ratio.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:05 am

Playaboy wrote:Go to any LEA web page.  Here is a couple of links for you.  

https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemiology/dc/2019-nCoV/reopening.html

https://covid19.colorado.gov/search?search=restaurants

http://www.ph.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/docs/protocols/Reopening_Restaurants.pdf

Just the other day I had dinner at Sizzler Utah.  No indoor dining restrictions

Cracker Barrel in Vegas was allowed only 25% occupancy.

Up till yesterday, only take out dining in Cal.  Now that people are going after the governor, he is allowing outdoor dining during the huge surge of cases in Cali.  But don't turn on the TV.

Computerguy, you do know how to use google, don't you?  Search the net for all the local LEA's and see all the differing rules and regulations.

You don't have to be a rude jerk. First of all, a variation on a rule does not make it a different rule. I already pointed that out to you. Secondly, and I guess the part you skipped over, was hot common sense covers ALL the rules, and that is a very small list.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

After Covid Vaccination - Page 2 Empty The winner is

Post by Playaboy Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:30 am

ferret wrote:And that is exactly what is wrong with the U.S. response. There is no co-ordination from the top. Each state is free to do as they like and, combined with people who feel free to do as they like, this pandemic is going to last a lot longer than is necessary.

Ding, ding, ding, ding!!!!!!!  Ferret is the WINNER.  The USA is governed from the local level up, not the Federal level down.

Public/environmental health is controlled by "local enforcement agency" (LEA) in most States in the USA.  They rule their kingdoms.  That where the politics of the bureaucracy come into play.  The Feds only get involved in interstate commerce.  

CG, You would think it all boils down common sense.  Nothing is further from the truth.  Did you read the links I posted?  Want some more?  

https://visitcedarcity.com/traveler-resources/

https://coronavirus.utah.gov/utah-health-guidance-levels/

Most of these restrictions don't matter much to you since your livelihood isn't affected.  But for 10's of millions of people their lives are being destroyed by BS. regulations that did not do anything to slow the spread.  Look at California, lots of restrictions and lots of covid.

In one of my past lives, I spent over a decade sitting on LEA and State committees writing laws, regulations, and guidelines for food service.  I have been reading this Covid stuff for the last year.  I still speak with former colleagues and friends working at LEA's across the western USA.  These people have master degrees and PHD's.  They all interpret the data and write the guidelines/restrictions differently

These sanitarians are feeling super important and drunk with power.  

Btw, for months and months besides getting paid, FEMA has been paying ($15 a day) for sanitarians lunches and overtime.  How do I know this?  One very close friend was part of a local LEA's Covid task force. His job was to coordinate and order those lunches for 60-90 people a day.  His income increased by 40% last year with all the overtime he was able to get.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2