INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo Link and Echo Spot

2 posters

Go down

Echo Link and Echo Spot Empty Echo Link and Echo Spot

Post by Plan B Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:07 am

I can use my Echo Link with the Alexa app and Spotify app without problems.
Can I control the Echo Link with my Echo Spot, without using Groups?
I don't want sound from anything else other than the speakers connected t to the Echo Link, Groups sends the music to both units.
Must bluetooth be used on the phone to use the connection between the Echo Link and Echo Spot, if I only want to connect via WiFi?

Thank you for your assistance.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Echo Link and Echo Spot Empty Re: Echo Link and Echo Spot

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:37 am

As far as I know you can only control them from your phone app if you want to do anything special... you can't control one device from another. But you give a command to one device at a time with your voice, so it should only play on that device, except for the Group thing... you can cancel the Group becasue it is only for music I gave up, also, doing music on multipled devices because no matter what I tried, they were always out of sync.

But maybe I need more explanation from you... WiFi is how your devices connect to your home network. You can use Bluetooth to send music from any of the devices to another Bluetooth speaker, of course.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:59 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:As far as I know you can only control them from your phone app if you want to do anything special... you can't control one device from another. But you give a command to one device at a time with your voice, so it should only play on that device, except for the Group thing... you can cancel the Group becasue it is only for music I gave up, also, doing music on multipled devices because no matter what I tried, they were always out of sync.

But maybe I need more explanation from you... WiFi is how your devices connect to your home network. You can use Bluetooth to send music from any of the devices to another Bluetooth speaker, of course.

The sound quality sucks with bluetooth. WiFi is much better, far greater bandwidth. I think I have the solution, but Groups is necessary to link the voice to the Echo Link as far as I can tell.

Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:17 pm

Ah, I see. I have no experience with the Link, sorry. Looks like an interesting option, though.

In fact, I use music apps (like Spotify, or Stingray from Shaw) on my cell phone and Bluetooth them to my Vizio soundbar. Not super high-end stereo, no, but good enough for me these days. I owned a recording studio back in the day and my home was full of very expensive stereo gear: 9 channel sound, for example. But I don't care anymore, lol.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down