INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oklahoma Vaccinating Everyone!

5 posters

Go down

Oklahoma Vaccinating Everyone! Empty Oklahoma Vaccinating Everyone!

Post by rafterbr Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:20 pm

As of Thursday the Chickasaw and Cherokee Nations announced they will vaccinate everyone if you are over 16 for Pfizer and 18 for Moderna. The Chickasaws have 5 sites and the Cherokees 6 sites. My wife got her second shot of Pfizer today at the Ada site. They had 9 lanes to get your shot in and several of them were vacant of cars. We drove straight through the checking sites. After the shot we had to wait 15 minutes in case of reaction and they sent her message on phone she could now apply for her vaccine passport for air travel. So evidently they are already starting to issue the passports. She has her white card showing the shots. You have your choice of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. Oklahoma is a very red Trump state and it is believed only 50% of the people in Oklahoma will get vaccine. National news interviewed a small town in Oklahoma and out of the 10 interviewed only one was getting vaccinated. They asked him why he was getting vaccinated and he said because my wife made me.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and Plan B like this post

Back to top Go down

Oklahoma Vaccinating Everyone! Empty Re: Oklahoma Vaccinating Everyone!

Post by mudgirl Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:52 pm

"They asked him why he was getting vaccinated and he said because my wife made me."
Haha. Reminds me of the couples I see walking around, the woman has a mask on, the man doesn't. Guess he thinks it somehow threatens his manhood or that he's too tough to contract the virus, but it only makes him look stupid.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:46 am

What kind if I’d did you show in Oklahoma

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:25 am

sm1mex wrote:What kind if I’d did you show in Oklahoma

My wife who is Mexican showed her learners driving permit. I think about any photo ID will do. When I got mine it was for Tribal Members only so I showed my Tribal membership card.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:38 am

I haven't heard of the Chickasaw Nation before. What part of North America did your ancestral grounds cover?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:20 pm

sm1mex wrote:What kind if I’d did you show in Oklahoma

Update, I looked at my wife's notice and it said a government issued ID. So I imagine a passport or anything like it would do.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:41 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I haven't heard of the Chickasaw Nation before. What part of North America did your ancestral grounds cover?

The Chickasaws were originally in Mississippi and Alabama before being forced to move to Oklahoma. There is a strong possibility we were the Toltec's in Mexico who followed a leaning pole North. The Nation is very wealthy now being the 3rd largest employer in Oklahoma. The Nation was very war like and never lost a major battle. They fought mainly against the French and other tribes. The education level of the Nation is higher than almost all other Native Americans tribes. The governor of the Chickasaws has been voted the most powerful man in Oklahoma the last 3 years. We are not a large tribe is the reason you probably have not heard of us.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, ferret and Plan B like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:07 pm

Growing up in Louisiana.... unfortunately!....  I am quite aware of the Chickasaws. Quite a history, but like almost ALL native Americans they were given the shaft. Glad to hear that they are are flourishing in Oklahoma!
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, ferret and rafterbr like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down