INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Substitutes for NyQuil

Go down

Substitutes for NyQuil Empty Substitutes for NyQuil

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:39 am

Hard to believe I managed to pick up a cold last week, considering all the masking, distancing, washing up, and so on. I have long used DayQuil and NyQuil to ease the symptoms. They just work really well for me. While there supposedily is a Mexican version, I haven't been able to find it, and we can really no longer get things shipped in from Amazon using Alex Peterson.

Is it just me or is it a thing with Mexicans that they just suffer through a cold and the grippe? Because what you find on the pharmacy shelves are simply a lot of herbal cough syrups, candy masquerading as cough drops, and some perhaps childrens' liquids.

Has anyone found a good cold medicine like NyQuil? And yes, I'm aware I can purchase a grouping of products that are "equivalent" to the ingredients, but believe me, I've tried them and they just don't do the same job.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Substitutes for NyQuil Empty Re: Substitutes for NyQuil

Post by ferret Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:58 am

You should know that Nyquil original is not recommended for people with high blood pressure. That said, Nyquil HPB is not available on Mercado Libre but ordinary Nyquil is...
https://listado.mercadolibre.com.mx/nyquil#D[A]
I used to give my hubby Coricidin HPB for the same symptoms but I don't know if it's available locally. It is available on Mercado Libre... https://listado.mercadolibre.com.mx/coricidin#D[A]
Maybe phone Farmacia Maskaras and see if they stock the Coricidin HPB?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:05 am

Thanks. I will check. But for sure I will not be buying $7US bottles of medicine for 840p minimum. I did check all the online sites first, and have, many times. Amazon Mex has 3 bottles for 1500p, but that is still an astronomical price to me.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:30 am

Totally agree on the pricing but I'm not the one suffering with a cold. If it's mostly a head cold, then put a blob of Vicks Vaporub in a large bowl, pour boiling water on it and stick your face over it with a towel over the whole set up... and breathe in.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:13 pm

Thanks, but at 68 I've figured out my own remedies. I'm just looking for what I'm looking for.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

addtocart likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum