INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blocked out license plate numbers on some used cars for sale on Facebook or Mercado Libre

5 posters

Go down

blocked out license plate numbers on some used cars for sale on Facebook or Mercado Libre Empty blocked out license plate numbers on some used cars for sale on Facebook or Mercado Libre

Post by Sherman Sat May 01, 2021 12:17 pm

Several license plates are blocked/blanked out on photos for ads for used cars on Facebook or MercadoLibre.

Anyone know why?

I'm asking because MercadoLibre is suggesting to get the license number of the car and have the license plate 'run' to ensure the car is not stolen and that it belongs to the person selling it.

It is somewhat difficult to do these checks/verifications if you can't get the license plate number.

AND, IF THE car owner/seller won't give the LP number, at that point should they be willing to give it?

thanks .....

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

blocked out license plate numbers on some used cars for sale on Facebook or Mercado Libre Empty Re: blocked out license plate numbers on some used cars for sale on Facebook or Mercado Libre

Post by gringal Sat May 01, 2021 1:10 pm

That may be a good reason to buy a used car from S&S Auto. pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

blocked out license plate numbers on some used cars for sale on Facebook or Mercado Libre Empty Re: blocked out license plate numbers on some used cars for sale on Facebook or Mercado Libre

Post by Sherman Sat May 01, 2021 1:21 pm

thanks ... I know there are places to buy used cars. I am asking a legitimate question about a practice done here. One of the local 'used car folks' has given me one answer which made no sense. So I thought I try and get an answer from someone who knows what is behind blocking the license plate.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sat May 01, 2021 2:00 pm

There may be tickets, leins, or other claims against the vehicle. They will transfer to the new buyer, if he isn't careful, and/or insists that the transaction take place at the office of the recordadora, with both parties present, and the historical records all clean.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 01, 2021 3:13 pm

You need to go look at the car and get the plate number I suppose. If they are covering it for privacy concerns they aren't likely to tell you over the phone or via email.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

gringal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sat May 01, 2021 3:32 pm

the 'privacy' concerns are about which I'm curious ...... what looms out there?

Recently I had a business appointment and got to my destination. I almost forgot the address, so I stopped and looked in my file and realized that no place on any of the correspondence or emails was there an address. I finally found the place and mentioned the absence of address on the communications. As soon as the person started his sentence, with 'extortion' ... he did not have to say another word before I 'got it.' I'm not naive, but I fortunately do not have to live my life on a day to day basis thinking in those terms.

Along with verifying ownership of the car, tickets, etc. I'm wondering if blocking the license plate number fits into that other category somehow.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Sun May 02, 2021 11:24 am

Blocking out license plates on "cars for sale" ads has been commonplace in the states for years. Keeps the more enterprising bad guys from getting your address from the records at DMV and showing up at your house in the middle of the night to, at the very least, spirit your car away.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, ferret and Sherman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sun May 02, 2021 12:26 pm

thanks ... helpful.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down