INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lakesidecrime.com is reopened

+4
Parker
albertrv
CanuckBob
simpsca
8 posters

Go down

Lakesidecrime.com is reopened Empty Lakesidecrime.com is reopened

Post by simpsca Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:54 am

I just received an email that Lakesidecrime.com is open for crime reports again. And it looks like there are quite a few new reports - three reports from Sept 25 through the 30th. It will be open for 90 days to give it a try again. So please, if you know anyone who has had a crime committed against them please ask them to report it.

Last edited by simpsca on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Lakesidecrime.com is reopened Empty Re: Lakesidecrime.com is reopened

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:55 am

Simpsca, let me know if they want me to put a link on this board again.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:15 am

I just read this on lakesidecrime.com - so if you live in Ajijic be very careful. This is the second crime reported in Ajijic where they used a weapon to rob people.

Sept. 30th - Early yesterday evening about 7:30-8 o'clock, a friend of mine who was walking her three dogs (in Ajijic) was robbed with a gun at her head by two young thugs at the corner of 16 de Sept. It was still daylight! In fact, a friend had just driven by and waved to my friend...and was not 30 feet away when the incident occurred. The two thugs were standing at each corner of the street-- in front of Ole Ola and the street post.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:33 am

It's good to hear that lakesidecrime.com is back up and that people are using it. To help in traffic to the site, as I type, Ellen is setting up an imbed of their site on our website. You can check it out at:

http://www.lagunachapala.com/resources/lakeside-crime-watch

In addition to that my offer of free webhosting through Monarch Hosting Services as a way of deferring expenses still stands.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:47 pm

On Sept. 29 at approximately 9:30 pm, at the Guadalajara Airport, my best friend was robbed while paying for his Taxi ticket. The person just walked by and snatched his carry-on. There was another person standing close by that told him the guy went in a certain direction, however if he had gone after, someone would have probably stolen the other bag.

His loss was considerable. Passport, FM3, house keys (had to have all locks changed) Laptop, 2 Cell-phones, very expensive (favorite) pen, about $600USD and a large box of “Sees” chocolates. (And he’s really pissed about the chocolates!)

He tried to report it to the “Federales” but they were not interested and told him to go to Tlajolmulco. Now it’s 11:00 PM and he felt he wasn’t going by himself with a taxi driver he doesn’t know, to a place he doesn’t know and not knowing if there would be someone to help with the language issue, he gave-up. It a real shame at an International airport that there isn’t a better law enforcement concern.

Anyhow, be careful at the Airport.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:56 pm

I am SO glad that Lakesidecrime is open again. Lakesidecrime provides a valuable service for Lakeside residents and wannabe residents. I haven't had any incidents to report (thank God) but I check the site frequently to see what's been going on and what I should be aware of. When I have accurate information, I can make better decisions about how to protect myself.

Let's do what we can to protect each other, folks, because there isn't anyone else protecting us.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Parker, how terrible for your friend. And thanks for posting the info. Now I guess we have to chain ourselves to our bags at the airport.

And I'm with Traveler, we have to protect each other and information on what is happening and where helps us protect ourselves.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:22 pm

...."the days grow short, as you reach September", etc.. even more so as October arrives.
Maybe it's not a good idea to walk, with or without dogs, as dusk and dark loom. That is, unless you have a very large, protective dog. Even then, who's going to argue with a gun?

That particular corner, when Ole Ola isn't open, is an ideal lurking spot for thugs since there are large properties on the other three corners with no windows on the street.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Here's my answer to all of you. Sh*t happens everywhere in the world. Why should Ajijic be so special? Ooooo......3 crimes in September out of a population of over 30,000 people. Woe, isn't that a big percentage? .01 %. In the US, they break in and shoot you dead when you wake up.

How many horrific crimes in the US? Give a political speech in AZ and some ahole opens fire on the crowd, killing how many?. Go to breakfast at IHOP and another madman opens fire. Live in a beautiful exclusive area in Connecticut and two men rob you, one rapes your 11 year old daughter, tortures your wife, ties daddy in the basement and burns 2 kids and mommy alive. And this saga goes on and on.

Here we have a small Community, a couple of "minor" incidents happen and it gets blown waaay out of proportion. You people need to have more to do and get a life!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:13 pm

johninajijic wrote:Here's my answer to all of you. Sh*t happens everywhere in the world. Why should Ajijic be so special? Ooooo......3 crimes in September out of a population of over 30,000 people. Woe, isn't that a big percentage? .01 %. In the US, they break in and shoot you dead when you wake up.

How many horrific crimes in the US? Give a political speech in AZ and some ahole opens fire on the crowd, killing how many?. Go to breakfast at IHOP and another madman opens fire. Live in a beautiful exclusive area in Connecticut and two men rob you, one rapes your 11 year old daughter, tortures your wife, ties daddy in the basement and burns 2 kids and mommy alive. And this saga goes on and on.

Here we have a small Community, a couple of "minor" incidents happen and it gets blown waaay out of proportion. You people need to have more to do and get a life!

And why are you moving to California?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Personally, I can't wait for him to start putting together "approved lists" and restaurant reviews for the folk in Southern California. They need all the help they can get!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:42 pm

simpsca wrote:
johninajijic wrote:Here's my answer to all of you. Sh*t happens everywhere in the world. Why should Ajijic be so special? Ooooo......3 crimes in September out of a population of over 30,000 people. Woe, isn't that a big percentage? .01 %. In the US, they break in and shoot you dead when you wake up.

Mainly private insurance costs for those our age. Everything is more expensive here too. Nothing to do with petty crime at Lakeside. Note I said petty.

And why are you moving to California?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:42 pm

I believe we tell our stories to forewarn others where there may be problems. Someone has discovered that the airport is an easy mark, people are tired and inattentive. I’m just letting others aware what’s going on. Who knows what it will be next month, we can only help each other by spreading the word and keeping ourselves alert. IMHO

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:41 am

Hi. This is one forward you want to read through to the end, especially about wasp spray....Pass this on to your friends. 13 THINGS YOUR BURGLAR WON'T TELL YOU
I am particularly interested in the part about the wasp spray & car Keys...

"1. Of course I look familiar. I was here just last week cleaning your carpets, painting your shutters, or delivering your new refrigerator.

2. Hey, thanks for letting me use the bathroom when I was working in your yard last week. While I was in there, I unlatched the back window to make my return a little easier.

3. Love those flowers. That tells me you have taste... and taste means there are nice things inside. Those yard toys your kids leave out always make me wonder what type of gaming system they have.

4. Yes, I really do look for newspapers piled up on the driveway. And I might leave a pizza flyer in your front door to see how long it takes you to remove it..

5. If it snows while you're out of town, get a neighbor to create car and foot tracks into the house.. Virgin drifts in the driveway are a dead giveaway.

6. If decorative glass is part of your front entrance, don't let your alarm company install the control pad where I can see if it's set. That makes it too easy.

7. A good security company alarms the window over the sink. And the windows on the second floor, which often access the master bedroom - and your jewelry. It's not a bad idea to put motion detectors up there too.

8. It's raining, you're fumbling with your umbrella, and you forget to lock your door - understandable. But understand this: I don't take a day off because of bad weather.

9. I always knock first. If you answer, I'll ask for directions somewhere or offer to clean your gutters. (Don't take me up on it.)
10. Do you really think I won't look in your sock drawer? I always check dresser drawers, the bedside table, and the medicine cabinet.

11. Here's a helpful hint: I almost never go into kids' rooms.

12. You're right: I won't have enough time to break into that safe where you keep your valuables. But if it's not bolted down, I'll take it with me.

13. A loud TV or radio can be a better deterrent than the best alarm system. If you're reluctant to leave your TV on while you're out of town, you can buy a $35 device that works on a timer and simulates the flickering glow of a real television. (Find it athttp://www.faketv/.com/)

8 MORE THINGS A BURGLAR WON'T TELL YOU:
1. Sometimes, I carry a clipboard. Sometimes, I dress like a lawn guy and carry a rake. I do my best to never, ever look like a crook.

2. The two things I hate most: loud dogs and nosy neighbors.

3. I'll break a window to get in, even if it makes a little noise. If your neighbor hears one loud sound, he'll stop what he's doing and wait to hear it again. If he doesn't hear it again, he'll just go back to what he was doing. It's human nature.

4. I'm not complaining, but why would you pay all that money for a fancy alarm system and leave your house without setting it?

5. I love looking in your windows. I'm looking for signs that you're home, and for flat screen TVs or gaming systems I'd like. I'll drive or walk through your neighborhood at night, before you close the blinds, just to pick my targets.

6. Avoid announcing your vacation on your Facebook page. It's easier than you think to look up your address.

7. To you, leaving that window open just a crack during the day is a way to let in a little fresh air. To me, it's an invitation.

8. If you don't answer when I knock, I try the door. Occasionally, I hit the jackpot and walk right in. Sources: Convicted burglars in North Carolina , Oregon , California , and Kentucky ; security consultant Chris McGoey, who runs http://www.crimedoctor.com/%C2%A0and Richard T. Wright, a criminology professor at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, who interviewed 105 burglars for his book Burglars on the Job.

Protection for you and your home:
If you don't have a gun, here's a more humane way to wreck someone's evil plans for you.

WASP SPRAY
A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead.

The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection.. Thought this was interesting and might be of use.
FROM ANOTHER SOURCE:On the heels of a break-in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self-defense experts have a tip that could save your life.

Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School . For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.
Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them."
Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 to 30 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says, "spray the culprit in the eyes". It's a tip he's given to students for decades. It's also one he wants everyone to hear. If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the spray.

"That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get out." Maybe even save a life.

Put your car keys beside your bed at night.
Tell your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your parents, your Dr.'s office, the check-out girl at the market, everyone you run across. Put your car keys beside your bed at night.

If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies. This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator. Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this: It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation. Test it. It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage. If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break into your house, odds are the burglar/rapist won't stick around. After a few seconds all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that. And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there. This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.

P.S.
I am sending this to everyone I know because I think it is fantastic. Would also be useful for any emergency, such as a heart attack, where you can't reach a phone. My Mom has suggested to my Dad that he carry his car keys with him in case he falls outside and she doesn't hear him. He can activate the car alarm and then she'll know there's a problem.

Please pass this on even IF you've read it before. It's a reminder.

Please share this with all the people in your life."

Parker

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down