INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico

+18
cypress
Catoca
nolajoe
mattoleriver
karjoeaz
Zedinmexico
Bartdude
Kiri
Wide Sky
CHILLIN
ElNido
ferret
slainte39
ComputerGuy
mudgirl
Plan B
CanuckBob
Dostortas
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico  - Page 2 Empty Re: Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico

Post by mudgirl Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:19 am

ComputerGuy wrote:

I also have an ongoing issue with suggestions like reducing the quarantine to 7 days. The so-called "traveller's quarantine" is standard, not just for Covid. In what scientific world does halving that quarantine make sense? .

A lot of it doesn't make much sense. I have to have a PCR test before getting on the plane. Then I have to have another when I arrive. That's all sensible- I could have been infected in the airport or the plane.

Then I have to have another test on day 8 of my quarantine. That's the part I don't get. If I test negative on the first 2 tests, and I'm to stay in quarantine for 14 days, wouldn't make more sense to test again on day 12 or 13, rather than day 8?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico  - Page 2 Empty Re: Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico

Post by ferret Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:47 am

If Canada really wanted to totally control the type of vaccine available to non-resident Canadians, they should have provided that vaccine at ALL Canadian Embassies and Consulates. For the 15% tax that I am charged for which I receive NOTHING, I think it would have been a small price to pay. Hell, for that tax they shouldn't be charging anything for the hotel quarantine either. Inconsiderate dipshits.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

cypress and Dostortas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:00 pm

I skim read an article from Ontario which suggested that mixing of vaccines was possible. Obviously you would have to do some research, but maybe this will help some people. Can you be overvaccinated? Have no clue.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:09 pm

mudgirl wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote:

I also have an ongoing issue with suggestions like reducing the quarantine to 7 days. The so-called "traveller's quarantine" is standard, not just for Covid. In what scientific world does halving that quarantine make sense? .

A lot of it doesn't make much sense. I have to have a PCR test before getting on the plane. Then I have to have another when I arrive. That's all sensible- I could have been infected in the airport or the plane.

Then I have to have another test on day 8 of my quarantine. That's the part I don't get. If I test negative on the first 2 tests, and I'm to stay in quarantine for 14 days, wouldn't make more sense to test again on day 12 or 13, rather than day 8?

I agree. And I think it's lacking even more sense than that. If I test negative before getting on the plane, how in hell do I get infected in such a manner on the 8 to 12 hour ride that it shows up upon testing when I land?? And more: every other passenger on that plane would most likely be infected too. But since everyone gets on with a negative test, ... ?? (Yes, I realize there have been exceptions to the rule, but come on.)
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, cypress and Dostortas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:32 pm

If the Canadian Government wishes to encourage more citizens to get vaccinated, it would be wise to give those that are fully vaccinated some kind of advantage.

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

cypress likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:48 pm

You mean free beer, like in the States? Oh, wait, Ford already gave us buck-a-beer. Oh, wait, no he didn't. Whatcha waiting for, Doug?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:54 pm

ComputerGuy wrote: If I test negative before getting on the plane, how in hell do I get infected in such a manner on the 8 to 12 hour ride that it shows up upon testing when I land??

I don't know about that. I don't know how long it takes for a PCR test to detect infection. If it shows up right away, like an hour or two after being infected, then the second test at the airport on arrival would make sense, especially since it takes a couple of days to get PCR test results back on this end. So there are potentially 3 days or so since the test on this end that one could have gotten infected in.

But if you have to have the infection in your body for 4 days or more before you would test positive, then the arrival test makes no sense.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:59 pm

With all the kerfuffle about the mechanics of testing, I really haven't seen much about this side of the discussion. Time to find out.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:04 pm

mudgirl wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote: If I test negative before getting on the plane, how in hell do I get infected in such a manner on the 8 to 12 hour ride that it shows up upon testing when I land??

I don't know about that. I don't know how long it takes for a PCR test to detect infection. If it shows up right away, like an hour or two after being infected, then the second test at the airport on arrival would make sense, especially since it takes a couple of days to get PCR test results back on this end. So there are potentially 3 days or so since the test on this end that one could have gotten infected in.

But if you have to have the infection in your body for  4 days or more before you would test positive, then the arrival test makes no sense.

What is Canada charging for all these PCR tests?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:05 pm

CanuckBob wrote:

What is Canada charging for all these PCR tests?

Nada, as far as I'm aware. It's a public health measure.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:42 pm

If only the enforced overpriced-hotel stays were a public health measure.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:50 pm

No kidding. I just hope the 3 meals a day they deliver to the rooms are edible. I'll post a review :-)

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, ComputerGuy and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:24 am

If the food is good I would stay the whole 3 days......lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

mattoleriver and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:56 am

And if there were unlimited alcoholic beverages, they'd have to give eviction notices.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, mattoleriver, Plan B, BisbeeGal and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:20 pm

CHILLIN wrote:I skim read an article from Ontario which suggested that mixing of vaccines was possible. Obviously you would have to do some research, but maybe this will help some people. Can you be overvaccinated? Have no clue.

Yep its true. I got the AZ shot here and after two months I will be getting a Pfizer shot in Seattle. The documents said not to get the two shots less than two months apart or you may get some vaccine reaction but no problems other than that. Will post how I do when I get shot in early august. All my info came from the Canadian government. Theory is it will work better against the variant strains of Covid so it may be superior to two shots of one type of vaccine.
What they hey I will give it a shot :-)

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:27 pm

ferret wrote:And if there were unlimited alcoholic beverages, they'd have to give eviction notices.

I'd like to find three nicely rolled joints on the bedside table. Now that's my idea of hospitality.

Last edited by mudgirl on Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:31 pm

I'm not so sure about the mixing of vaccines. Pfizer and Moderna, no issue- they are both the Mrna type. I personally wouldn't mix those with the viral vector type because they work on a different principle.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:04 pm

That's the whole principle of mixing vaccines. You want something that approaches the virus from a different angle. Now you have a two pronged attack if exposed to the virus.

Actually I find this ridiculously amusing. In the 70's, I was working in Microbiology at Scarborough General Hospital. Immigrants were allowed into the country without any health testing whatsoever. Working alone one weekend, I isolated a Salmonella sendai from a new employee. After confirming the serology, I had to phone down to personnel to report the findings. Turns out his new job was in the kitchen of the hospital and he was an asymptomatic carrier. Scary stuff.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Irish Gal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:21 pm

Well, I read the opposite. I didn't bookmark the article, but will try to find it again. It said mixing Pfizer and Moderna was not a problem, because they were the same type of vaccine.
Personally I will only take the mrna type. The blood clotting issues with the other type concern me, even though I know it's a small percentage compared to the number who have been vaccinated.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:28 am

Here are the latest publications on mix and match vaccines...
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01359-3#:~:text=Last%20week%2C%20a%20UK%20study,of%20the%20same%20vaccine2.

https://theconversation.com/can-i-get-astrazeneca-now-and-pfizer-later-why-mixing-and-matching-covid-vaccines-could-help-solve-many-rollout-problems-161404
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by karjoeaz Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:59 am

If any canadians plan to travel to Canada make a stopover for a day or two in the US. Set up an appointment at a clinic or pharmacy to get the J & J shot. in and out in about a half hour and at no cost. I did it in Colorado and they accepted my Mexican drivers license for ID. Went to visit family. Vaccine no fuss.

karjoeaz

Humor : Halariuos w/alohol

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:32 pm

Is taking a mixture of vaccines substantially different from taking any vaccine after already having been infected by a wild strain of covid 19? Each day there are more unvaccinated people being infected and many of those will eventually be vaccinated. Those people should be studied too.
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by nolajoe Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:04 am

Recent information from the National Advisory Committee on Immunization.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid19-vaccine-astrazeneca-pfizer-moderna-second-shot-naci-230829766.html

nolajoe

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau indicated at a press conference on Friday that Canada is working on a proof of vaccination for Canadians who wish to travel, with the initial phase set to come into effect for summer travel.

Trudeau said that for the initial phase, the federal government is working with the ArriveCAN app to allow individuals to upload a picture of their proof of vaccination so border agent can confirm they are fully vaccinated.

"That is something that we will have in place in the coming weeks so that people can have a few more options, if they’re fully vaccinated, this summer," the prime minister said.

He added that for the fall, the federal government is working with provinces on a national certification of vaccine status that will be "easily accepted around the world."

Trudeau confirmed that the issue of different countries having a different list of approved vaccine has come up and the federal government is "engaged in discussions" with the U.S. and countries to "ensure that people who are protected from COVID-19 are able to travel."

"We hope to be able to resolve those issues in the coming weeks, in time for...loosened restrictions around travel," the prime minister said.

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, Irish Gal and ferret like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Catoca Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:11 pm

I returned to Canada unvaccinated at the end of March, only did the cheaper Antigen test at GDL airport (result available in 30-60 minute and acceptable at that time in the USA), had my vehicle trucked into the USA at Great Falls, Montana, flew into Great Falls and had the Covid PCR test done in an obscure place near the Alberta border (Shelby), and travelled in my own vehicle to the border, had a Covid PCR test done at the border and was given another test kit to be done in 8 days and ended up quarantining at home in Calgary. All went smoothly other than one small blip : the Canadian border official who asked me if I had written permission from my wife to quarantine at home. And they phoned her.

Catoca

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:23 pm

Plan B wrote:Has anyone been able to get the documentation of their vaccination registration from this site?

https://mivacuna.salud.gob.mx/

I was told that it would be available approximately 2 weeks after receiving the second shot...Unfortunately this has not been the case.
Mine is there but only partly filled in.

Last edited by cypress on Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling error, correction)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next