INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

smelly water

+4
Zedinmexico
SunFan
ferret
2indenver
8 posters

Go down

smelly water Empty smelly water

Post by 2indenver Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:29 pm

What area or fracc has the best water quality? We are thinking about a long term lease. In the past the water in San Antonio and Riberas has been noted for poor quality. Is it better North of the carraterra or South?

2indenver

Back to top Go down

smelly water Empty Re: smelly water

Post by ferret Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:43 pm

Any house that has a whole house water purification system will take care of the problem. There are many out there, in many locations and it should be one of your requirements for renting.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:13 pm

Several Fraccs have their own wells and manage their water quality better than SIMAPA.

In Chula Vista the water is potable right from the tap 24X7X365 - no filtration needed. Chlorine is added automatically and tested daily. And yes the water is tested regularly for heavy metals and arsenic by a lab in Guadalajara.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:17 am

2indenver wrote:What area or fracc has the best water quality?  We are thinking about a long term lease.  In the past the water in San Antonio and Riberas has been noted for poor quality.  Is it better North of the carraterra or South?

Not all of San Antonio has bad water. Well was redrilled and new pump last year and all is fine in SE corner of SAT. Yes we sometimes got mud out of the water tap a few years ago but all that changed with new well.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:51 am

I don't even know where Riberas water comes from. Is it the well in Mirasol? And another below Mirasol to the west that I recall?

In any case, to get rid of stuff in the water, I installed a sand filter. It requires regular flushing to also keep the yellow tinge out of the water, which is I presume from sand and silt.

The water frequently smells of sulfur when filling a bucket or washing machine.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:32 am

The link below is a worth while read and know that it can happen anywhere. In Collingwood, Ontario I had a 4 x 4 room filled with water purification systems because the water was black and smelled of sulphur. Disgusting to the nose and what you were trying to clean but otherwise tested just fine. Didn't have the problem in a house just outside of Thornbury, Ontario but the farmhouse well was only 50 feet deep with poor recovery. We toyed with the idea of going deeper with the well until we talked to all the neighbouring farms. They had deep wells with good recovery rates but all needed to have a filtration system. We installed a cistern under an addition that we built on the back of the house. End of our recovery rate problem.

https://www.health.state.mn.us/communities/environment/water/wells/waterquality/hydrosulfide.html
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2indenver Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:08 pm

I am looking at Las Redes on La Paz in San Antonio. Any idea about their water quality? Thanks

2indenver

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:20 pm

2indenver wrote:I am looking at Las Redes on La Paz in San Antonio.  Any idea about their water quality? Thanks

Turn on the tap and check it out but you are about 600 feet from me and our water is fine. Does place have water filters and UV light? You will need it even if the water looks clear to be safe.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:50 pm

Update to my post: I do NOT use it for drinking water.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:37 am

Sulphir stinks but it is not harmful , actually peopl pay to have mud bath with sulphur in spas like those of Calistoga in California. We used to live near there and the water stank of rotten eggs but we drank it for years and never got sick. That is what happens sometimes in volcanic areas.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2indenver Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:33 am

They will put a water filtration system in the kitchen but will that take care of any smell in the shower or washing machine water?  I, personally, can not run or smell the water since I am NOB and won't come down until October.  I know the area since I have walked there many times and the photos of the inside look pretty good.  I am trying to have a friend who is there check it out for me.  I never had water problems while renting in Rancho del Oro, Villa Nova or La Florista and but had problems on Calle Los Angeles down from the hospital.  Thank you all you lovely folks who have made comments.

2indenver

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:55 am

Riberas is well known for water issues, which will only worsen as Chapala ignores everything about its infrastructure.

Concerning sulfur in water, when I was a kid my grandparents' water came from a well on the property, and it was foul with the odor, but that's what we drank. I don't really care if it is good or bad to ingest: I don't like the smell, and I haven't met anyone who does, so telling people about it when they ask the question, is important.

Last edited by ComputerGuy on Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:57 am

The filtration system in the kitchen will only affect the spout from which the "purified" water will come. That spout is usually separate from the regular taps at the kitchen sink. I have one.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:03 am

Another point, if you read the link that I provided, is the anode in the usual tank style model of hot water heating. I have an on-demand flow through water heater... no anode, no smell with the hot water.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2indenver Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:18 pm

Thanks, everyone, for all the information.

2indenver

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:48 am

The fraccionamiento of Las Fuentes near Jocotepec claims to have the or one of the, cleanest water around. No smell or sediment and many prople drink it from the tap and water is supplied 24 hours a day.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:05 am

ferret wrote:Any house that has a whole house water purification system will take care of the problem. There are many out there, in many locations and it should be one of your requirements for renting.
Many whole house water purification systems don't take care of everything.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:03 am

If you have the right filters, they do. On the coast, we had filters with 0.1 micron pores. That takes care of everything.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:26 am

ferret wrote:If you have the right filters, they do. On the coast, we had filters with 0.1 micron pores. That takes care of everything.

Also block carbon (charcoal) filter instead of a cheaper coated filter.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:31 pm

I'll tack this on here just because.....
https://globalpressjournal.com/americas/mexico/can-eggshells-solve-problem-one-mexicos-polluted-rivers/
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Heem likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down