INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mainecoons

+9
ferret
Lady Otter Latté
gringal
sturdley
CanuckBob
mudgirl
BisbeeGal
HarryB
ComputerGuy
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mainecoons Empty Mainecoons

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:41 am

There is a thread on TOB about vaccines. In that thread, Dan has gone full-on nazi on us, comparing vaccine proponents to the jack-boots with a photo. And when confronted about it, with recommendations that he be reported to the owners of chapala.com, he basically flipped everyone the bird, calling everyone else fascists, and ending with ' "Go ahead, report me. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. This is what you've signed on for. " '. He has taken his faux power to the level of Chancellor and despot.

Others have pointed out that nazi imagery is banned on every popular social media site, to no avail.

Since the owners of chapala.com clearly don't care, there is nothing that can be done to force him to stop the hate. My recommendation is everyone convene here at Bob's place, and just get off that other lunatic site for good. Yes, it's more active over there, but there is nothing to stop this site from taking over, without the insanity.

If you have been there, you have seen it. If not: https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/92109-qr-codes/page/2/
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

benjji, RVGRINGO, Lucky Girl and kamcd like this post

Back to top Go down

Mainecoons Empty Re: Mainecoons

Post by HarryB Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:47 am

Leave Dan to his fantasies. Today it was recorded that 8000 republicans a week are dying, 5Xs more than dems. Let them wipe themselves out!

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

oncesubtle, Lucky Girl, nlu, inthecolumbiagorge, Plan B and jgriff like this post

benjji and panama dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:36 pm

I think the owners of the webboard who also own Tango, El Ojo del Lago and Coldwell Banker will care about these Nazi images, once they are made aware of them.
To report the Nazi images posted by @Mainecoons you can send a message to Chapala.com here.  

https://www.chapala.com/contact/

You can email the Ojo del Lago magazine (also owned by Chapala.com) here, elojodellago@gmail.com
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Mrs. Rupert, Lucky Girl and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:06 pm

I own't repeat what was posted to you on the other board, other than to say they won't.

Last edited by ComputerGuy on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

benjji likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:09 pm

Had he lived there then, Mainecoons would no doubt have relished being a Nazi concentration camp guard marching my great grandparents off to the gas chamber. What a vile POS.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

benjji, Lucky Girl and kamcd like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:00 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:I think the owners of the webboard who also own Tango, El Ojo del Lago and Coldwell Banker will care about these Nazi images, once they are made aware of them.
To report the Nazi images posted by @Mainecoons you can send a message to Chapala.com here.  

https://www.chapala.com/contact/

You can email the Ojo del Lago magazine (also owned by Chapala.com) here, elojodellago@gmail.com

You would get a far better response posting all this on FaceBook and starting a campaign against Coldwell Banker and companies. I can assure you with enough views/shares Coldwell Banker will take action.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

gringal, benjji, RVGRINGO, Lucky Girl, jgriff, mudgirl and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sturdley Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:20 pm

On our board we have Drowsy who is basically comic relief.
On the other board we have Mainecoons who is a bully who is intolerant of the views of others. He is a disgusting human being.
I am in Alberta for another month but when I get back I would be interested in meeting some of you in person to discuss the Mainecoons issue. How can we tolerate someone of his ilk in our community.

sturdley

benjji, Luisa, Lucky Girl, kamcd and jgriff like this post

panama dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:21 pm

Launching a campaign on FB is beyond my pay-grade. I can barely open sites to read restaurant menus.

I still **think** sending emails and PMs to the Chapala.com family could be productive if enough do it. All it takes is a few keystrokes.

It's been my experience in dealing with local realtors that all incoming emails get printed and go to an agent's desk.

Might catch someone's attention. Quien sabe.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:25 pm

And then there's the other solution: Ignore him.

We have plenty of other PITA's in our community and they have as much right to be here as anyone else. Forbearance works both ways. The far righties would be delighted to export some of the lefties.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

RickS and Lucky Girl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:39 pm

gringal wrote:And then there's the other solution:  Ignore him.

We have plenty of other PITA's in our community and they have as much right to be here as anyone else. Forbearance works both ways. The far righties would be delighted to export some of the lefties.

I can and have ignored a lot of his crap. But I draw the line at Nazism.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

oncesubtle, benjji, Lucky Girl and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:55 pm

sturdley wrote:...when I get back I would be interested in meeting some of you in person to discuss the Mainecoons issue.  How can we tolerate someone of his ilk in our community.

You can't boot someone who hasn't committed a crime out of a community and there are plenty of assholes everywhere.

But that he "moderates" a public forum like a fascist, allowing his right wing buddies to post whatever vile drivel they choose, while censoring and deleted what he doesn't agree with, aand banning posters who call him out on his shit is certainly an issue.

Ignoring a troll is one thing. Ignoring a right wing authoritarian in a position of power is exactly how dictators arise.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

oncesubtle, benjji, Lucky Girl, nlu and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:20 pm

He is a troll. He is nothing else. His "power" is false and is limited to the confines of that Board. He has no significant contacts; he has no political ties. He has no community, except those he has pissed off in his neighbourhood. He holds no sway outside of his keyboard. He is a troll. Ignoring a troll is quite different and the right thing to do.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, benjji, Luisa, Lucky Girl and jgriff like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:41 pm

I stopped posting, commenting, or reacting to posts over there months ago. As they say I. Can’t. Even. Life is too short for the hate and anger that spills over TOB. I did not like the person I became over there. Now, I scroll through it for necessary news (which there is less and less of all the time) and shake my head.
I agree with the “ignore him/them.” CG is right. Away from that board they all nobodies.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Lucky Girl and nlu like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:46 pm

I propose another way of dealing with him. I am going to send e-mails to ALL of the agents for Coldwell Banker... https://chapalarealty.chapala.com/agents/
I, for one, would NEVER recommend Coldwell Banker to anyone based on the allowed behaviour by Mainecoons and friends on the Chapala.com web board. I wonder if any of the agents can persuade Tingen to give him the boot since their livelihood depends on referrals and sales?
Just a thought.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

oncesubtle, benjji, Luisa, RVGRINGO, ComputerGuy, Lucky Girl, kamcd and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sturdley Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:36 pm

Good idea, Ferret. I will do the same.

sturdley

inthecolumbiagorge likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:10 am

ferret wrote:I propose another way of dealing with him. I am going to send e-mails to ALL of  the agents for Coldwell Banker... https://chapalarealty.chapala.com/agents/
I, for one, would NEVER recommend Coldwell Banker to anyone based on the allowed behaviour by Mainecoons and friends on the Chapala.com web board. I wonder if any of the agents can persuade Tingen to give him the boot since their livelihood depends on referrals and sales?
Just a thought.
Great idea, thanks for the link!
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Luisa and inthecolumbiagorge like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:50 am

Thanks Ferret Just sent a msg to all the realtors.
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:23 pm

It wasn't so bad when Dan Houck was busy helping to paint out graffiti around Ajijic. Many folks donated paint and dropped it off at his house. There should be more of that. Just be sure to take the cans home for proper disposal.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:02 pm

His path to lunacy and grandeur was just beginning. People rarely flip out overnight. It takes time, and a self-nurturing such as his, to go completely over the edge.

Meantime, the thread has been removed. By who? I'm thinking himself.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

benjji, kamcd and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:06 pm

Haha.....of course he did. Wouldn't expect any less.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:01 am

Dan Houck is who he is: He's done some generous things such as the graffiti project, and is apparently also helping some Mexicans get a higher education. I don't think he has the right personality to be a "moderator" since he tends to ignore the "personal and civil" basic rules of that forum when it impinges on his own political bias, and that is the major problem. Also, that forum definitely needs an "Octagon" for the ranters and ravers which normal visitors don't see. At this point, that forum has deviated far from what used to be: useful trading of information, especially helpful to the newbies.
All in all, I think the forum owners would be doing a public service by replacing him with a MODERATE moderator.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, Canmex 87, RVGRINGO, Lady Otter Latté, kamcd, HarryB, sturdley and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:25 pm

I don't care anymore what he has done in the past. He is no longer that person. And he never fails to remind us that he is or has helped some student somewhere, over and over again. That's merely attention-seeking.

I have moderated a number of forums, even a few of my own. A moderator's ONLY comment ever is to explain, without taking sides or injecting an opinion, why a post has been moved or removed. As in "wrong forum" or "question answered previously" or "too personal". And sometimes a warning: "please stay on topic", or a reminder of the rules.

He owns a house across the street from me in Riberas. The renter left for Canada at the beginning of Covid. It now look deserted from the front, thanks to a lack of care. It makes the neighbourhood look bad and will no doubt attract thieves.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by benjji Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:03 am

Praising The "Grand Mufti" is like saying Hitler put all the Germans to work, except those that he had killed or locked up, so he was not all bad.

Dan Houck's Napoleonic complex has destroyed a once great forum.... and certainly hurt it's real estate backer.

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:42 am

Benji, i think that's a little extreme. Dan Houck can't be compared to Hitler.  The worst thing he's done is limited to words and allowing unsuitable posts on a local forum (and failing to keep up a piece of property).  When I moved to this area over 12 years ago, the level of graffiti all over town in Ajijic was a real eyesore, and yes, he did a good thing by organizing and personally working on cleaning it up. That doesn't excuse anything regarding the damage done to TOB.

IMO, those businesses which support that forum must by now be aware of what's happening there. They must not be objecting very strenuously since it's allowed to continue in its present incarnation, but it can't hurt to write them.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

benjji dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:11 am

Nothin' like a mutual admiration!! (or not)Beer
Wonder when Mainecoons will start the physical slaughter of lefties?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next