INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Queen bed frames

+3
ferret
MexicoPete
jgriff
7 posters

Go down

Queen bed frames Empty Queen bed frames

Post by jgriff Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:38 pm

Hola

I am looking for information on purchasing a queen bed frame and headboard. I have been to the websites of many companies in Guad, Lakeside and Ocotlan but not many have queen frames and headboards. Lots of king and matrimonial which I know are most common.

Anyone got some suggestions ? Will be back Lakeside at the end of November and need to get a queen bed for our new house.

Gracias.
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Queen bed frames Empty Re: Queen bed frames

Post by MexicoPete Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:22 pm

It's been maybe 18 years since I last purchased a mattress lakeside.  I was surprised to learn that the sizes of the bedframes & mattresses were slightly different than in the US.

So just maybe it would be a good idea to purchase everything down here to include sheets. Perhaps someone more familiar with the different sizes in different countries could add more.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

jgriff likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:02 pm

Thanks Pete.

I found that out a couple of years ago when I brought down sheets. I thought I was being thrifty lol lol

Also, would you mind again sharing the drone video that was taken of your house ? I was telling my wife about it and I couldn't not find it.

Gracias
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:14 pm

Mattress first. Do you have it or still need to purchase it?
From there... will you have a mattress base or want a wooden one? Wooden ones with drawers can be custom made at the place beside Mom's Restaurant in Riberas. Any size, height or finish. Reasonable prices and good work.
Headboard... iron? wood? upholstered? mounted to the bed or on the wall? Oversized with floating shelves on either side?
There are so many variables to your personal style so be more detailed please.
Personally, I like the wooden bases for the extra storage but suggest you put it on casters for ease of moving... even if they are recessed and hidden.
I would also look in IB Furniture which is next to the Sunrise Restaurant. They have a small display area but also have catalogues. Their carpenter can make you anything you want and the finish will be high end. Been there, done that and am very pleased.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

cypress likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:07 am

MexicoPete wrote: I was surprised to learn that the sizes of the bedframes & mattresses were slightly different than in the US.

They're more than slightly different. Queen size in Mexico is about 5 inches shorter than US or Canadian queen size and about 3 inches narrower.

Nice sheets are hard to come by in Mexico. So I bring them down with me, have a standard US size queen foam mattress, and had the wooden frame built to the correct size.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:46 am

Check out DormoMundo across from Wal-Mart. High quality mattresses and box springs like you find NOB.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:46 am

Yes. I also like Dormimundo. Just got a new mattress from them but have it on a wooden base. Very comfortable. Our previous mattress, bought at IB Furniture in 2012 was memory foam... but it developed Alzheimer's.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

kamcd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:23 am

ferret wrote:Mattress first. Do you have it or still need to purchase it?
From there... will you have a mattress base or want a wooden one? Wooden ones with drawers can be custom made at the place beside Mom's Restaurant in Riberas. Any size, height or finish. Reasonable prices and good work.
Headboard... iron? wood? upholstered? mounted to the bed or on the wall? Oversized with floating shelves on either side?
There are so many variables to your personal style so be more detailed please.
Personally, I like the wooden bases for the extra storage but suggest you put it on casters for ease of moving... even if they are recessed and hidden.
I would also look in IB Furniture which is next to the Sunrise Restaurant. They have a small display area but also have catalogues. Their carpenter can make you anything you want and the finish will be high end. Been there, done that and am very pleased.

Not sure what we want yet so no more details available 😕
Thanks for the info
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:30 pm

I am in the process of replacing a wooden Queen base & head board with a single bed. Maybe you could use it. I am slow at picking a new matress as they have changed so much since I last bought a matrress.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:45 pm

cypress wrote:I am in the process of replacing a wooden Queen base & head board with a single bed. Maybe you could use it. I am slow at picking a new matress as they have changed so much since I last bought a matrress.

That is a very kind offer. I am still in Canada and won't be down till Nov 20th. Would you have pictures you could send me if I give you my email address ?
Gracias
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:48 pm

Try the furniture and accessories store east of sunrise restaurant San Antonio. . I bought a US Queen bed pad from them and they also have sheets. Don’t know about mattresses but may have Queen if they sell the bedding.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down