INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV alternatives

+7
Plan B
jgriff
Luisa
sm1mex
ferret
CanuckBob
HarryB
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TV alternatives Empty TV alternatives

Post by HarryB Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:58 am

My wife doesn't like the problems I am having with Fire stick ...Buffering and freezing. I raised my Telmex to 150 and bought a WIFI Booster. Also I am finding that the providers are slowly shutting down for payment. Any suggestions?

I dropped Shaw because the monthly cost and annual fee

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

TV alternatives Empty Re: TV alternatives

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:10 am

I stream everything but pay for the services. I use Netflix, Prime, Curiosity, Britbox and Crave. I have a router with a built in VPN so can switch to various countries. Crave is like the Canadian version of HULU and requires me to set the VPN to a Canadian IP address.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Luisa and Jubilacion like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:18 pm

And Discovery Plus is now available in Canada as well. Worth the 6.99 a month for NO commercials.
I have been waiting patiently since I could not purchase Discovery Plus with a Canadian credit card even if I set the vpn to Dallas. And, btw, you must use an American or Canadian city vpn to even view what discovery plus has to offer since it is not available in Mexico.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:55 pm

If you don't mind commercials and DO have a vpn, here is another alternative which is totally free. https://ustvgo.tv/
I also download movies and current shows.
I can send anything on my computer to my TV using Actiontec plugged into the HDMI port on the back of the TV.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryB Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:24 pm

Thanks , but, I think she wants another satellite provider?

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:47 pm

You should call Ajijic Electronics in West Ajijic and speak with Mike Merryman. He will be able to answer all your questions about all Satellite Providers.
They do Satellite TV, Broadband, Home Theater Installations and Satellite Radio. They are located on Las Flores #2 in Ajijic and their phone # is (376) 766-1117.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:27 pm

Ferret. I have a semi smart tv. Not smart to do everything. What is an actiontec plug. We get our tv on Dish with input setting at hdmi but can’t hook up streaming through our phone with vpn on.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:25 pm

I can't tell you about connecting with your phone. Sorry. I have an old Samsung S4.
I did a lot of reading and searching to find something that would take the place of my 30 foot HDMI cable which ran between my laptop and the tv. I used that set up since 2009 and it follows the KISS principle.
There are two Actiontec's (now called Screen Beam) available... one for Windows 7/8 and the other for Windows 10... and there appears to be another one for mobile phones. https://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-ScreenBeam-Wireless-Receiver-SBWD60A01/dp/B00O14JG2Y/ref=sr_1_22_sspa?crid=1D70RT9PA7B2R&keywords=actiontec&qid=1637205021&sprefix=Actiontec%2Caps%2C237&sr=8-22-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExQ0Y0Uzg1RFdNSDNUJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzg5OTQ2MUJXVFlTWDhLVU1HTyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODgyMzc2M0ZLU0xMQVM2TkZPSSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2J0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1
On the back of the TV, you need both an HDMI port and a USB to provide power to the unit.
On my Windows 10 laptop, in the bottom right corner, click and choose "project" in the manner you want.
There are steps in between of course but the manual and instructions are logical and easy.
Previously, I had a Windows 7/8 which needed the "sender" plugged into the side of the laptop as well. Still easy to set up.
These are not high prices to pay and the tech is fairly simple. Lots of questions/answers and reviews on Amazon.
Suerte!
p.s. doesn't work with anything APPLE.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryB Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:53 am

thanks , again

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:26 pm

Canuck, as the mother of a man who makes his money producing television and movies, thank you for not stealing hus intellectual property. Really, I appreciate it.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:50 pm

I have a Panda Networks cellular signal and telcel wifi modem here in San Nicholas and I stream without buffering. Look at a telcel cellular. I get can stream from anywhere with my VPN
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:15 am

HarryB wrote:My wife doesn't like the problems I am having with Fire stick ...Buffering and freezing. I raised my Telmex to 150 and bought a WIFI Booster. Also I am finding that the providers are slowly shutting down for payment. Any suggestions?

I dropped Shaw because the monthly cost and annual fee

Use Real Debrid and it should eliminate your problems.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryB Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:26 am

thanks!

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:14 am

Luisa wrote:Canuck, as the mother of a man who makes his money producing television and movies, thank you for not stealing hus intellectual property. Really, I appreciate it.

Nice point if you COULD legally buy services here in Mexico. Example I can't buy Britbox or Acornbox in Mexico. So we steal and break the rules. Want US netflix? Against the rules. Is your Shaw legal? I doubt it. Using a VPN? Against the rules etc etc etc. I would love to be legal/not break rules but I can't.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:20 am

Huh?? I pay for all my services monthly including Britbox. It's not against any Mexican law to have Shaw in Mexico.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:31 am

There are many shows that I never got to watch so I do it now. Loved all the seasons of the Golden Girls. ER is next on my list.
I would also buy, IF I could.
Why can't you download a show from Amazon? Instead you have to purchase an antiquated DVD... and I don't even have a DVD player any more.
Books... Kindle works fine. But, according to some, an old fashioned paper book that you purchase second hand is somehow an infringement on the Author's rights.
There's a lot of catching up to do and, quite frankly, I got fed up paying through the nose for channels and shows that I would never watch.
YMMV.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:26 am

Bob, if you were to call Shaw and tell them you are living in Mexico how long do you think that your service would be available?
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:40 am

CanuckBob,
I understand and I appreciate that. You undoubtedly know that many people will stack a single Shaw account. I have to admit that it sounds tempting.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:43 am

If you download from Amazon you know that they have paid the creators of the program you are watching. I have an Amazon Prime account and use it frequently. The more you download from Amazon the more money that goes to residuals.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:54 am

Dumped Shaw in 2015. Outrageous price gouging. Interestingly enough, I spent a lot of time grouping different packages and the price per month didn't change much. Fascinating exercise in marketing. Still ended up with a ton of stations and shows that I would never watch.
Pay per view /episode/on demand/no commercials. What a dreamy concept.

Last edited by ferret on Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:58 am

Does BritBox include current BBC news?

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:18 pm

RickS wrote:Bob, if you were to call Shaw and tell them you are living in Mexico how long do you think that your service would be available?

About 10 seconds. The point is that it is not "illegal" to receive Shaw satellite here in Mexico as someone said it was. It's not "illegal" to use a VPN or receive streaming services from other countries either. It is just not allowed.......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

HarryB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:24 pm

I agree with finding workarounds. You pay Shaw you have done your part.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:27 am

Well nice slippery talk but if you call Britbox or Acornbox and tell them how to get it in Mexico they say no we can't sell it to you. I imagine Bob is using a VPN. I don't really care about this stuff but why can't I buy it in an open way is my point.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:16 am

You can’t buy it in an ordinary way because the world has all these artificial lines, called countries. People used to get foreign goods via smugglers. Now, because of satellites, many digital products are available if you use the VPN smugglers. For me, I am happy to pay a fair price for what I want, and I am okay with using the VPN smugglers to bring it to me.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

RickS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next