INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sidewalks in Ajijic

3 posters

Go down

Sidewalks in Ajijic Empty Sidewalks in Ajijic

Post by HarryB Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:26 am

There is an extensive article and survey in Laguna Newspaper this week.

When I was on the Civil Protection Committee during the Dellogado Admin I threatened Guadalajara Pharmacy with civil action if they didn't fix their sidewalk. They did nothing , claiming Amutio was responsible. I confronted them too and when nothing was done, again, I went to Obras Publicas to fine them. Obras assured they would get action or severely fine them. A person had broken a leg at that time.

Nothing happened, just another opportunity for mordida!

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Sidewalks in Ajijic Empty Re: Sidewalks in Ajijic

Post by ferret Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:48 am

In nearly all cases of broken/heaved sidewalks tree roots are involved. I love all the trees here but I also expect the spiffy new bicycle path to be cracking and heaving within 10 years. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryB Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:57 am

In the past Hector and I paid for the materials and the municipality did the work for poor home owners. Such a plan could be suggested to the municipality . Sidewalks are the homeowner's responsibility.

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:07 am

I am aware of that since I replaced the broken, cracked and heaved sidewalk in front of my house. Caused by the roots of the huge pine tree just past my property. That pine is over 40 feet tall.
However, you missed my point entirely. What is the point of fixing something without fixing the source of the problem? We all want the trees and we all want safe walking paths. Is there a compromise?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryB Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:15 am

Cut the offending roots? Use Adoquine which can be set in sand, taken up and replaced?

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:04 am

I did have the offending roots cut. LOL. And I also know they will grow back eventually ;)
Interestingly enough, my sidewalk was rebuilt with crushed gravel on the bottom, then a strong mesh of rebar before the concrete was added. Still holding after three years. On the other side of the pine tree, the new house on the corner has their new sidewalk cracking and heaving because it was just concrete poured on the ground with a board on the road side to retain it.
Ya gets what ya pays for.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

HarryB and Henry1944 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:06 pm

No one here offers "slab jacking", which involves injecting an expanding polyurethane foam, or special cement underneath the slab through a small drilled hole. This can lift tonnes of concrete and costs about one quarter of the cost of demolition, scrap removal, and new construction.
There is also airport runway patching cement, made from a raw material abundant in Mexico. Within 15 minutes it cure to a stronger than granite surface over the pothole, which can withstand the weight of landing aircraft, for many years.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down