INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxes

+2
BisbeeGal
HarryB
6 posters

Go down

Taxes Empty Taxes

Post by HarryB Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:17 am

Jocotepec as far as I know is more fair to expats. My comments mainly apply to Chapala

I've seen some errors floating around. So here are a few thoughts
1. Mexicans avoid paying taxes, if they can. Why? " They'll (the politicians) just steal the money anyhow" I.e. 55 million pesos missing under Degollado, currently over a million pesos missing from SIMAPA.
2. Your discount applies until end of February.
3. Mexican citizens get an additional discount. Chapala has voided this by a decree for expats; voiding the discount if your house is larger than a matchbox. FORGET IT! Mexicans with tiny houses pay no taxes and that is a good thing.
4. SIMAPA AJIJIC does honor the additional Mexican citizen discount. At least they used to. I don't know about the other delegations . I've been on a private water company for 4 years which doesn't give anyone a discount.
5. There is no senior citizen discount

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Henry1944 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Taxes Empty Re: Taxes

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:46 am

Here's info on taxes that may or may not be going up, from this site, https://mexicodailypost.com/2021/12/27/several-tax-hikes-are-coming-for-jalisco-residents-in-2022/?fbclid=IwAR3fSp4Wgydm1aR6CbM63F56prq_FZW1OnUCmAzpJH0ZQlmPn3aasssVLQo

Municipal Taxes

In general, the 125 municipalities of Jalisco report increases in their income laws that are around 5% in taxes, fees, and fines. Only 35 municipalities did not present a proposal for property increases.

Tlaquepaque does not propose an increase in the property tax, one of the main sources of income for the municipalities. Other municipalities that will not increase the property tax are Juanacatlán; Acatlán de Juárez; Atotonilco el Alto; Chapala; Jocotepec; among others.

In the case of Guadalajara, Zapopan, Puerto Vallarta, Tequila, and El Salto; they included progressive property rate schemes. In 15 municipalities, the adjustments to the cadastral tables rose more than 15%, but none of those located in the Guadalajara Metropolitan Area.

In the same way, the municipalities that are part of the Intermunicipal System of Potable Water and Sewerage Services report a general increase of 6.8% in water rates, however, this may increase from the consumption generated per cubic meter.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Henry1944 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:36 am

fyi, I contacted the Chapala Gobierno re: online predial payments and they said they expected the portal to be ready soon.  I will post link when it's available.  

Last year there were 2 options: pay online with credit card, or, print a bar-coded bill that you tale to and pay at a bank.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Plan B and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:19 am

Excellent. Thanks.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:42 am

BisbeeGal wrote:fyi, I contacted the Chapala Gobierno re: online predial payments and they said they expected the portal to be ready soon.  I will post link when it's available.  

Last year there were 2 options: pay online with credit card, or, print a bar-coded bill that you tale to and pay at a bank.

I paid online last year, no lineups and quick.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryB Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:08 pm

They charge a premium for using a credit card

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:25 am

My property taxes were increased by 14.73% this year for my casa in Upper Ajijic.  This is far larger increase than I've seen in the last 5 years.  Paid at the usual place in Chapala.  Hopefully the new on-line payment portal will be up and running soon!

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:29 am

HarryB wrote:They charge a premium for using a credit card

The credit card companies charge them a premium, so that's logical.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:37 am

gringal wrote:
HarryB wrote:They charge a premium for using a credit card

The credit card companies charge them a premium, so that's logical.

In that case I'll pay through my Mexican bank account as I did last year, thank you.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down