INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a used car

3 posters

Go down

Looking for a used car  Empty Looking for a used car

Post by Pogo Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:51 pm

My '93 Ford Explorer (which I have loved) appears to have terminal transmission problems. My mechanic has repaired it twice, and now has replaced it with a used tranny. That did not work. So I am thinking of a new used car - something in a small SUV. Perhaps a Toyota Rav 4, a Honda CR-V, a Mazda CX-5, a Kia Sportage, a Suburu Outback . . . .    Something like that in the $7,000 - $10,000 price range available in the Lakeside - Guadalajara area. Prefer a private owner.

Any knowledge, advice or direction will be appreciated.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for a used car  Empty Re: Looking for a used car

Post by ferret Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:15 pm

Good luck. Quality used cars are in very short supply these days. The chip shortage is the major cause... nobody can buy new so there are few trade ins.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:22 am

ferret wrote:Good luck. Quality used cars are in very short supply these days. The chip shortage is the major cause... nobody can buy new so there are few trade ins.

Hmmm . . . Never thought of that. Thanks.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:49 pm

I also have a theory that many people, perhaps organised, are bringing in flood damaged vehicles from the U.S., and then all the labor and materials to disguise that fact. Don't get stung.There lots of articles on google on how to spot flood damage.
A flood damaged writeoff, should be 20% below wholesale book value, then another $2,000 US off to pay for any expensive water damaged parts such as a computer board or waterlocked engine.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:43 pm

CHILLIN wrote:I also have a theory that many people, perhaps organised, are bringing in flood damaged vehicles from the U.S., and then all the labor and materials to disguise that fact. Don't get stung.There lots of articles on google on how to spot flood damage.
A flood damaged writeoff, should be 20% below wholesale book value, then another $2,000 US off to pay for any expensive water damaged parts such as a computer board or waterlocked engine.

Good advice. Thanks!

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum