INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moreh Funeral - Prepaid cremation?

+3
Gamina
ferret
Rosa Venus
7 posters

Go down

Moreh Funeral - Prepaid cremation? Empty Moreh Funeral - Prepaid cremation?

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:24 pm

I want to put my affairs in order this year so when I die, I don't leave a huge, disorganized, expensive mess to clean up. Does anyone have experience with the Moreh Funeral service operation in Mirasol? I hear you can pre-pay for your own cremation, then when the time comes, it's taken care of. Does anybody know someone who used this option and did Moreh follow through on it? The idea of pre-paying for (any) service here makes me uneasy. Thanks, and feel free to reply privately if that's more comfortable.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Moreh Funeral - Prepaid cremation? Empty Re: Moreh Funeral - Prepaid cremation?

Post by ferret Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:42 pm

I don't know about Moreh but Funeria San Francisco in Chapala is very organized and efficient. You can pre-pay for cremation with them.
There are two things you should make sure are done in addition to the pre-arranged cremation. 1) Tell someone where that information is or put a note on your fridge if you live alone and 2) Whomever finds you MUST call your Doctor first BEFORE calling the Funeral Home. The Doctor will sign the necessary paperwork that gets you to the funeral home without problems.
The house that Mike Riley rented is still locked up tighter than a drum along with all his personal effects because of #2. Be warned!
p.s. The folks at Funeria San Francisco came to our home in La Huerta to have all the paperwork signed and to receive payment. Thoughtful and empathetic. The hearse arrived within an hour of my hubby's passing and Dr. Lastra had all the correct paperwork in hand. My hubby's ashes were returned to me in a beautiful box with an engraved plaque with his name and date of passing.

Last edited by ferret on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:44 pm

Thank you!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:04 pm

I contracted with Moreh several years ago for my cremation.  Also within my Medical Power of Attorney papers (called a Living Will) I gave my permission for a named person to pick up my ashes from Moreh.  I've been told that without written permission, your ashes will not be turned over to anyone.  May not be true but I didn't want to take any chances that my ashes would be sitting on a shelf at Moreh forever.  I have a contract that is legally binding on Moreh.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:25 pm

I don't really want to be cremated. Does anyone know where I could buy spaces in a cemetery for me and my wife. The Chapala Municipal cemetery is full.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:27 pm

If you find a cemetery, be sure to ask about how long you can be buried there for what fee.  Some cemeteries only bury you for say, seven years.  Then without additional fees, you are dug up and relegated to an unmarked mass trench in the very back of the cemetery with a lot of other folks.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal and rafterbr like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:12 pm

I hate to sound cynical, but paying in advance, in full, for a service to be performed at some time in the future is practically an invitation to lose your money. Does anybody have experience with a pre-paid cremation service after the death has occurred? Maybe somebody has friend who made these arrangements and subsequently died. Can anybody confirm that one of the above two named providers fulfilled their obligation and performed the cremation as contracted?
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:35 pm

Yes they did. We knew my hubby had less than a year to live.
If you are really that cynical, just keep track of how much the service costs annually and put the money in an envelope to be used for that purpose. Then you can wonder about whether the person you have entrusted with the task will actually follow through or buy a big screen TV.
imho, it is hard enough to deal with the death of someone you love without having to panic about where the body goes.
Sorry, my black humour side got the better of me. ;)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:22 am

Does the husband or wife of the deceased also need written permission to receive the ashes of the cremated person, or is it for other parties?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:28 am

I think that's a question to specifically ask the places that perform this service. I honestly don't remember from nearly 7 years ago. I just know that they brought me the ashes along with their sincere condolences. I was a mess.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:56 pm

Ferret, thanks for clarifying. I'm sure it's not a comfortable topic and I appreciate it.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:34 pm

I sure would not ay in advance.. WHat for? THere is no assurance or insurrance regarding any funeral service. WHat happen if they close down for whatever reason? What happens to the money?
It makes sense to pay ahead of time when someone is terminal  so the time of death is not a while in the future but otherwise..why pay in advance. I do not care what will happen to my body or ashes so they can send it to the dump as far as I am concerned.

As far as being burried , how long do you want your bones to be burried?? I love cemetary and I always go to them no matter where I am.. Unless you are very famous try to find a grave older than the 1800.. pretty rare.. so what has happened to the people, all are in a trench somewhere.

In Paris the catabombes is a serie of tunnels that are filled with walls of skulls, tibias etc.. from people who had been burried in the cemetary of the innocents.. WHen the cemetary was closed down for urban renovation all the bones were moved to the tunnels under the city  but where are all the other bones going in places where cemetaries are full??  You cannot lease a spot for ever so  think on how long you want to be there and who will pay the rent once you are gone and for how long.. Everything comes to an end eventually.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:17 pm

LOL! Then set the money aside to be cremated with clear instructions.
I always said I would know that I had Bruce's ashes because the two titanium hip implants would go "clunk, clunk". Then I found out that because titanium doesn't burn, it is recycled. Whoops. So, if you want to be REALLY morbid, just exactly whose ashes do you receive?
At some point in time, somebody will get my ashes. Not sure who but I'd prefer to be cremated than end up as landfill.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zdogs Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:05 pm

I don't know about Moreh, but San Francisco is family owned and has been around since (probably) the last revolution. Cynthia speaks fluent English and her brother is a lawyer. Between the two of them, they can handle whatever comes up.....and there's always something. The advantage to setting everything up and paying in advance is that it saves your family the frustration of dealing with all the paperwork and bureaucracy. They call Cynthia and it's taken care of.

zdogs

ferret and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down