INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFE/DAC

4 posters

Go down

CFE/DAC Empty CFE/DAC

Post by Minervajt Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:56 pm

I have forgotten the level of electric consumption each billing cycle that will send our account into the DAC rate. And will that rate apply after only two consecutive high consumption cycles?
Thanks!

Minervajt

Back to top Go down

CFE/DAC Empty Re: CFE/DAC

Post by Plan B Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:32 pm

Depends on your Tarifa zone.

https://app.cfe.mx/Aplicaciones/CCFE/Tarifas/TarifasCRECasa/Tarifas/TarifaDAC.aspx
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:41 pm

The look back is 12 months or 6 bi-monthly bills.  When the total KWH's for that period exceeds 3,000, you get the DAC rate.  

Because the lookback is a rolling 12 months (6 billing cycles for most of us), it's possible to bounce back and forth.  

At our first home here we bought a very inefficient wine cooler and also decided (unwisely) to run our large waterfall fountain all day long.  We went into DAC just barely for one billing cycle.  We immediately put the fountain pump on a timer and unplugged the wine cooler.  The very next bill we were out of DAC.  

What I wrote is what I understood it to be back then; we installed solar at our current home and no longer worry about going into DAC, so it could be my info is out of date.

BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:44 pm

Yes what Plan B said is true; I was referring to local Chapala rules.  

Friends who used to live in Mazatlán had a different billing structure; they got a good break on summer rates since running a/c is pretty much the default there (and at many beach areas across the country).
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:09 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:they got a good break on summer rates since running a/c is pretty much the default there (and at many beach areas across the country).  

It isn't just because of AC- plenty of people on the coast don't have AC, including me and most of the local Mexicans. They don't give summer rates to help out gringoes with AC :-) It's that even if you don't have AC, you are running fans 24/7, the fridge runs more to stay cold in the summer- there's just more electricity needed in the summer on the coast in general, regardless of AC.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum