INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

golf carts

+5
MarilynDavis
gringal
CanuckBob
BisbeeGal
HarryB
9 posters

Go down

golf carts Empty golf carts

Post by HarryB Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:46 am

While trying to get rid of the state Transito officer "El Gordo" for his many demands for mordida, I participated in several meetings with state officials. I learned:
1, golf cards are strictly illegal for use on any streets. But, officials were willing to look the other way for use on local streets, NOT HIGHWAYS at any time!
2. "Mexico" license plates are illegal. All an officer has to do is compare your license address with your registration and you will be seized or hit up for major mordida. Don't worry, they will give you a ride to the bank.
3. If you are in an accident and don't have jalisco plates(which you can't get) and insurance you will go to jail until you pay all claims and payoffs.
4. Now there is not only state Transito, but. Chapala has its' own Transito too. Good luck!

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Luisa likes this post

Back to top Go down

golf carts Empty Re: golf carts

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:40 pm

Not too long ago someone posted a video on a local FB page of an a$$wipe in a golf cart driving eastbound IN the bike lane in Ajijic between the Pemex and the turn off to La Villita (past upper La Floresta).  

Where's a transito when you need one
golf carts 1f60e
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Luisa and HarryB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:15 am

Yep, been saying that about golf carts for years. No liability Insurance = huge risk. Same goes for ATVS, Quads, etc. None of them can qualify for liability insurance as none of them are certified for street use.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Luisa likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryB Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:14 am

People just don't understand what it is like to spend time in a Mexican Jail. I have helped to lets say sanitize them, but, the Mexican point of view is to make sure it is a disgusting experience for criminals.

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:25 am

The growth in popularity of the big tire electric bikes is becoming an issue on both the malecón and bike path. NO motorized vehicles should be allowed on either. They are just too damn fast and many of the silver-haired drivers have slow reflexes and are frankly oblivious to us pedestrians.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal and ferret like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:12 am

Traffic has been so slow lately for cars that as a passenger, I've had plenty of time to observe the bike path, and I agree that those big tired electric bikes can be a menace to walkers as well as traditional bicycles. Some of the "enhanced" bikers seem to be oblivious to the danger they pose.
However, what would be a genuine solution?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:17 am

gringal wrote:Traffic has been so slow lately for cars that as a passenger, I've had plenty of time to observe the bike path, and I agree that those big tired electric bikes can be a menace to walkers as well as traditional bicycles.  Some of the "enhanced" bikers seem to be oblivious to the danger they pose.
However, what would be a genuine solution?

Simple. Ban ALL motorized vehicles from the cyclopista. No brainer.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, SunshineyDay and kamcd like this post

MarilynDavis dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:09 am

The question remains:  Where could such motorized bikes legally operate?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

MarilynDavis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:43 am

Local streets, not the carretera. Similar to what is generally allowed for golf carts (legal or not).
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

MarilynDavis dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynDavis Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:59 am

The bikes off the bike path is a terrible idea. That's what it's for.

It's wonderful.

MarilynDavis

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:09 pm

I believe it is a "bike" path not a pedestrian walkway. I say let the electric bikes continue to use it.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, RickS and HarryB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:28 pm

I think that banning pedestrians from the "bike path" makes more sense, since they can walk anywhere legally. The people who paid good money for those bikes should be able to use the bike path.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:04 pm

People paid "good" money for golf carts, too.  Doesn't mean they should be allowed everywhere.  

The electric bikes are too damn fast to be safe for pedal bikes or pedestrians.  They can go as fast as scooters--want them on the bike path too??

TMK, the bike path was built to be shared with pedestrians....they have walking stamps/logos on its pavement in spots.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

rckrckr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:18 pm

MarilynDavis wrote:The bikes off the bike path is a terrible idea.  That's what it's for.  

It's wonderful.

These E-bikes go 30 mph.  The path should be NON-motorized.  It's pretty narrow as it is; adding motorized bikes is too dangerous.  

The only people I've seen on these motorized bikes are entitled gringos.  The path was built for the local population who cannot afford these bikes; it is used to walk and pedal to their jobs and on errands.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, MexicoPete, kamcd and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynDavis Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:06 pm

I'd be happy with a speed limit.

The people on old bikes go just as fast, even faster, than the e-bikes.

We were out there today and the *only* people who passed us were on regular bikes.

Golf carts can't be on the cyclopedia! They are too big.

MarilynDavis

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:26 am

Any form of bike has the potential to injure someone if ridden carelessly and without thought.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, Luisa, Lady Otter Latté and RickS like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryB Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:53 pm

I've read that bikes are being banned on the malecons.

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:54 pm

There are more pedestrians using the bike paths than there are bicycles using them. Traffic is spread out enough there is no conflict between the two. I often walk on the paths and it is much safer walking than trying to walk on the streets. To introduce electric bikes to this equation is foolish and people are going to get hurt. Electric bikes should be treated the same as golf carts and relegated to the side streets.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:38 pm

I still think that pedestrians should walk on the city streets and on the Malecon. The bikes should be banned on the Malecons, and it should be enforced.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:45 pm

From an e-bike owner NOB.... IMO the problem is NOT that the bikes can have electric motors, it's that some/many PEOPLE will mis-use any and everything given a chance. As I suggested on TOB, I saw many more regular bikes.... mostly ridden by younger Mexican men.... riding reckless on the ciclopista during the last 3 weeks. Most of the e-bikes I saw were being ridden sanely by older gringos.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:03 pm

Back to golf carts, while I can see their appeal, I would like to see them confiscated.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryB Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:59 am

As soon as there is an accident with serious injuries, you can count on Transito to mount a major impoundment campaign.

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Luisa likes this post

Back to top Go down

golf carts Empty Alternative People Movers

Post by CHILLIN Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:02 pm

Over the years I have read of 100's of vehicle prototypes, appeals for startup money, even hands on reviews of one or two person vehicles. Everyone of these vehicles was designed for safety and environmental footprint, to solve the very real deadlock that Chapala and most parts of Guadalajara find themselves in. Most of the deadlock the world finds itself in. Advances in Solar Power and Lithium batteries has made all these options even more viable. I would bet if I visited the Guadalajara Univ tech and engineering school, I would see 100's of locally innovated vehicles running or under construction.
So what then is the big problem? I think it is a problem of the big players keeping the little players out. For example, crash safety is a vital issue. Although most of these people and delivery movers are travelling at very low speeds. They have to, because some big rig double trailer load is moving through urban Guadalajara, hogging five lanes, so they don't have to pay the circula tolls. Did you know every new model of vehicle in the U.S.A. (dont know about Canada or Mexico) has to donate at least three vehicles to the Crash Dummy people, and they will be completely destroyed. The manufacturers have no say as to what impact speeds might be. If the operator decides to smash a Tesla 6 into the crash wall at 200 mph, well, that is what going to happen. Without these crash safety approvals (never mind there are hundreds more tests of other things to follow) this vehicle is not allowed to be sold.Send three more if you want.
When I think back on the environment and safety issues of vehicles in the past, it makes the whole thing seem like a joke. Now you need six airbags, back then you had a seat belt, if you could find it. Now you need catylitic converters, I have owned a few vehicles that did not even filter gas fumes from the gas tank.

It is all very discouraging.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:18 pm

So what in reality happened to our old friend "El Gordo"? I heard he laughed, and got moved a few blocks away.

Also, on #2, Mexico Plates are of course legal in Mexico. If you are running Guatemala plates, they are of course illegal. I drove a District Federale plated vehicle for at least seven years down here. The key, which maybe you allude to, is having the proper paperwork. In my case, the vehicle was registered in the CDMX database, but the national was tagged as pending. The two critical missing documents, the original bill of sale and importation, I was instructed by my lawyer to never leave them in the vehicle. If you care to study them, travel to his office in Puerto Vallarta, I'm sure he will welcome your interest.
The Circula liability insurance and hologram are most important. The only time I was ever stopped, at the entrance Chapala Haciendas 1, I was going what seemed to him, was pretty fast. But my truck is ( was) a full blown, off road capable vehicle. He has fascinated by my hologram - the real thing by the way. I am pretty sure I was on private fracc. property where he stopped me. He didnt notice my NOB drivers licence had expired by one day, ironically, the next day I had my Mexico drivers license. I have since sold that vehicle, the new owner is deciding to whether nationalise, under the current amnesty (less than $200), or retag under a similar model and all legal Mexican paperwork, badges, VIN #, etc (about $300)

If you are stopped with out of state plates in Mexico, lets say Chiapas, if the officer admits that is what prompted the traffic stop, that officer will be scolded and a complaint as a human rights violation will be placed on his permanent record. Seriously.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down