INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for good source for a bathtub

4 posters

Go down

Looking for good source for a bathtub Empty Looking for good source for a bathtub

Post by ScubaPam Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:03 pm

I rent my casa but know as much as one can know that I will be here for the rest of my days. I have a shower but need a tub to soak in. Obviously I don't want to break the bank - thankfully my landlord is splitting this with me.

Is there a local source for bathtubs? i am specifically looking for a non-massage tub that is 5 feet long and soaker depth so am guessing about 30 inches deep. Thanks so much for any help.

Pam

ScubaPam

Back to top Go down

Looking for good source for a bathtub Empty Re: Looking for good source for a bathtub

Post by Plan B Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:18 pm

https://www.surtidor.com/
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

ScubaPam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Looking for good source for a bathtub Empty Re: Looking for good source for a bathtub

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:27 pm

Have you thought of a Mexican tile tub? We had one installed at our place in 2017 and it cost 5,000p. We removed the existing standard bathtub, so the plumbing was already there.

They can be built to your specs, as space allows.

BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ScubaPam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:31 pm

My mum had a Mexican style tile tub installed... in Thornhill, Ontario in 1975. Always loved it BUT they weigh a ton and the floor had to be reinforced.
If I was going to do a tub now, I would purchase an old fashioned high backed copper one. The copper holds the heat of the water for a much longer time period. Santa Clara del Cobre in Michoacan is spectacular but I suspect that the Feria de Artesanias held here in November would be a good contact for a source. Custom built to any size you want and may be an easy retrofit in most showers that can be easily removed.
This for clarification but priced for the U.S. market... https://www.casacastillo.com/copper-bathtub-single-slipper
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

ScubaPam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:21 am

Not sure OP's price point. We drove over to Santa Clara and looked at tubs. Beautiful but pricey and this was several years ago. Copper like other metals has risen a lot in the past few years.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down