INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a seasoned mortar. Need seasoned pestle

3 posters

Go down

I have a seasoned mortar. Need seasoned pestle Empty I have a seasoned mortar. Need seasoned pestle

Post by sm1mex Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:30 pm

I have a small seasoned mortar but could not get a seasoned pestle with it. Where can I find a seasoned pestle?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I have a seasoned mortar. Need seasoned pestle Empty Re: I have a seasoned mortar. Need seasoned pestle

Post by brigitte Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:10 pm

what is the mortar made off. I have wooden ones, clay ones marble one and volcanic stone ones. They ve mortars sometimes at the flee market in Guadaljara on sunday, I have seen some at the second hand stors here and off the carretera, the guys who sales old stuff..Otherwise get a new one in Tonala at the tianguis or in San Luca evangelista on the way to Tlajamulco past San Juan.Evangelista and before San Miguel.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I have a seasoned mortar. Need seasoned pestle Empty Re: I have a seasoned mortar. Need seasoned pestle

Post by sm1mex Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:41 pm

It is volcanic. It is a small one. We bought it from a restaurant but they couldn’t sell us the pestle. So we are looking for a volcanic pestle someone may not need anymore. Just hoping to find one.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:56 pm

second hand stores sometimes have some , I have bought manos for metates and I have seen some of the small pestles, not sure if they ar anygood. Just get a new one and cure it with dry rice and then use it , it will soon be like an old one.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:59 pm

Where did you buy the new pestle?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:41 pm

I bought one in San lucas, they can make them for you . I bought several there one in town , do not remember where and the other a long time ago tat the place where they make facy molcajetes on the side of the road on the right going towards San Miguel.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:47 pm

If you need instant satisfaction rather than hoping you'll find one, see if any of these fit the bill. This is the page
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=replacement+volcanic+pestle&page=2&crid=220AVQJGP81RW&qid=1650163028&sprefix=replacement+volcanic+pestle%2Caps%2C102&ref=sr_pg_1\

and this is the one that may work for you...
https://www.amazon.com/Handmade-Molcajete-Volcanica-Mexicana-Guacamole/dp/B088T8RTY3/ref=sr_1_52_sspa?crid=220AVQJGP81RW&keywords=replacement+volcanic+pestle&qid=1650163121&sprefix=replacement+volcanic+pestle%2Caps%2C102&sr=8-52-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE5MkFFVk1ONDVYU08mZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAyNzY2NTIxN0RDVVU4SklWT0kyJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzMjM0MjkxQjVGODA1NzRLVlNaJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmX25leHQmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

p.s. it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal to season it. google.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:23 am

True. Most pestles offered are ceramic marble or wood. Really want a volcanic one.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:44 am

The second link I posted IS volcanic rock.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:56 pm

dup

Last edited by brigitte on Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:57 pm

yes with a volcanic molcajete you want a volcanic pestle and one that feels right in your hand.. Do not buy on internet go where they make them so you can feel them..

I have a wood order with wood pestle and I use a wood, or ceramic pestle in the marble mortar depending on what I want to grind..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:07 pm

Thanks. Such good advice.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:20 pm

you know where san lucas is? You take the road that goes by the restaurants los burritos and go towards Tlajomulcoyou will go through San Juan Evangelista and the next village is San Lucas on the right further down there used to be a good artisan but enter the town and ask where you can buy a pestle--

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:57 pm

Thanks.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down