INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Service - Municipal vs Fraccionamiento

+7
SunFan
ferret
cypress
caligirl108
CanuckBob
BisbeeGal
BigKH
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Water Service - Municipal vs Fraccionamiento - Page 2 Empty Re: Water Service - Municipal vs Fraccionamiento

Post by cypress Sun May 01, 2022 7:28 pm

CanuckBob wrote:My friends in the Racquet Club have had ongoing issues with the water supply. Continual problems with the wells and pumps.
It is spelt Raquet Club.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Water Service - Municipal vs Fraccionamiento - Page 2 Empty Re: Water Service - Municipal vs Fraccionamiento

Post by mudgirl Sun May 01, 2022 8:07 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I'll bet there isn't much water above lake level around here.

That is perhaps true, but height is not always a factor when finding water, nor being near a natural water source, like a lake.

There are veins (not sure if that's what they are actually called) of water which run through mountains, annd even deserts.

I once read a book about dousing for water and there is, or was, a douser in the US who had amazing results and was much sought after and commanded high prices. He had something like a 99% success rate.
He could find water on hills and mountains where there were no obvious natural water sources, and also in the desert. If it was there, he could find it.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NoVaDamer Mon May 02, 2022 7:58 am

The Amazing Randi, a magician turned fraud-debunker, destroyed the pseudoscience of dowsing with a million dollar challenge to anyone who could find water using it: no one ever did.
Yet the myth continues. I believe dowsers rely on certain tricks (known to geologists and probably discerned by other people just through observation) to make good guesses about where water might be found, but that is all there is to it. No twitching rods needed.

I helped work on a well project locally for a community in need. When I asked the municipality where they were going to drill it, the engineers told me "they knew a guy" who could pinpoint the water source. I thought they were kidding, and I laughed and said "can he look for gold too, while he's at it." They laughed along (being polite Mexicans), but sure enough, I later learned that a local dowser had picked the site of the well. Took us three more tries!
NoVaDamer
NoVaDamer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Si!

CanuckBob and cypress like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Tue May 03, 2022 6:19 am

Dosing is a fraud of course. Something from the Middle ages.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat May 14, 2022 1:09 pm

Some properties have cooling lids on their aljibes i.e. lids with metal mesh covers so that the water cools down at night and between deliveries.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat May 14, 2022 1:13 pm

cerebrozo wrote:A couple of interesting comments taken from a recent social media post about Raquet Club water . . .

= = = = = = = = =

Has anyone heard that if you live at the Raquet Club because the water is pumped in so hot that the water purification systems don't work?

The water is cooled before distributed. It's never really cold per say, but is not "hot" from a tap.

Then you don't live very close to the well . . . Last time I worked on water systems in any house within 3 blocks of that well the water is freaking DANGEROUS!

I live in Raquet Club, my water is so hot I have to fill washer night before for cold water wash. I think it depends on where you live in Racquet Club.

We rent seasonally in the Racquet Club. There are mornings my cold tap is hotter than the hot tap.   Never really been a true problem, though.

Why does it come in so hot?

Because the source is thermal.
Many of those statements are myths.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat May 14, 2022 1:18 pm

BigKH wrote:How is the service and quality of MUNICIPAL water services (Jocotepec, Chapala) in contrast to FRACCIONAMIENTO water services (ie Las Fuentes, Racquet Club, Chapala Haciendas, Vista del Lago)?

Most (all?) of the water used locally whether Municipal or Fraccionamiento comes from wells so most have similar problems-we are running out of ground water.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2