INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RFC

+6
Frijoles
CanuckBob
BisbeeGal
kiko
sm1mex
casi nada
10 posters

Go down

RFC  Empty RFC

Post by casi nada Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:13 pm

Received a pleasant surprise. My wife and I thought we were going to have to go through the hassle of getting our RFC numbers. Just out of curiosity, I thought I would pull out our most recent account statement from Multiva, and to my surprise there was what looked to be a legitimate RFC on the statement. I checked the number on sat.gob.mx using my CURP and it is legitimate. Put my wife's CURP in and she also has one, so it looks like Multiva did the work for us. We've had the account for about 12 years, so I have no idea when they did this.

So check your accounts. If you've been here awhile you may already have a RFC.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

RFC  Empty Re: RFC

Post by sm1mex Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:20 pm

Yes we got our SAT RFC years ago. Didn’t have to go to Guadalajara but apparently now you do.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:10 pm

If your address is not correct in the Constancia then you may have to go to Guadalajara to update it.  CFE accepted my RFC without the address correction in the Constancia.  My insurance agent has given me conflicting info so I will wait.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:36 pm

You can also look for your RFC on TelMex and CFE bills.

The RFC is shown on CFE bills just above the bar code.

On TelMex bills it is shown just below the bar code.

Some are 'dummy' RFC numbers; they look something like this, XAXX010101000
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:36 pm

Having the RFC is one thing but many people haven't had the account set up to sign in and print your document. That can require a trip to SAT.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Frijoles Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:42 pm

casi nada wrote:I checked the number on sat.gob.mx using my CURP and it is legitimate.

Will you please explain how you did this? I can't see how to do it. Thank you.
Frijoles
Frijoles
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:54 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Having the RFC is one thing but many people haven't had the account set up to sign in and print your document. That can require a trip to SAT.

Or a trip to Riberas Copy Center in Ajijic or in SAT at the papelería near Mario's.  I have personally used the Riberas Copy Center next to Lopez' frutería on the carretera a few doors west of Baja Norte.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:56 pm

Frijoles wrote:
casi nada wrote:I checked the number on sat.gob.mx using my CURP and it is legitimate.

Will you please explain how you did this? I can't see how to do it. Thank you.

https://agsc.siat.sat.gob.mx/PTSC/ValidaRFC/index.jsf
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Frijoles likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:18 am

"Or a trip to Riberas Copy Center in Ajijic or in SAT at the papelería near Mario's.  I have personally used the Riberas Copy Center next to Lopez' frutería on the carretera a few doors west of Baja Norte."

This is starting to sound like the old car nationalization scams.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:50 am

I don't understand how the copy center is able to set up your account and get you a password given all the security hoops I went through at SAT. If it's that easy for them then this is all no big deal.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:12 am

addtocart wrote:"Or a trip to Riberas Copy Center in Ajijic or in SAT at the papelería near Mario's.  I have personally used the Riberas Copy Center next to Lopez' frutería on the carretera a few doors west of Baja Norte."

Not a scam.  When I read the QR code on the Constancia with my phone, it takes me straight to SAT Official site with all my correct data.

Last edited by BisbeeGal on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lammrj Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:24 am

The copy center/papeleria seem to have some sort of commercial access to the SAT web site and can print the Constancia with the #'s you supply. They can't (AFIK) access your account and make any changes, etc. and neither can you without a esig or password. If you could access the site you could probably print the Constancia yourself. BTW the CIS (Cedula Informacion Fiscal), which is easy to get has the exact same QR code on it and most of the same info, but is not an acceptable replacement. Bureaucracy.

lammrj

brigitte likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:11 am

addtocart wrote:"Or a trip to Riberas Copy Center in Ajijic or in SAT at the papelería near Mario's.  I have personally used the Riberas Copy Center next to Lopez' frutería on the carretera a few doors west of Baja Norte."

Yes it is.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:11 am

A search on Facebook Marketplace for "Constancia" brings up row after row of people saying they can do for you in 5 minutes for prices ranging from 80 to 200 pesos. While you're there, you can get a factura for your car and a driver's license. Who knows what else. These people must really have an "in" with the gub'mint.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:33 am

My wildass guess is that ANY business that wants to issue a factura can find your Constancia by entering your RFC at the SAT website.  Since many businesses have avoided issuing facturas like the plague, they currently make customers jump thru hoops to get one....come in person with all your data printed out in quadruplicate on alternate Tuesdays in months beginning with the letter O.  They do this in hopes the person wanting the factura will give up and that's one less factura that gets reported by the business for taxation.

In reading both Hacienda's website and those of many online accounting services that sell MX businesses with software to set up their billings, including submissions to SAT, all the issuing business needs is 1. The ability for the business to log into their SAT account (need password or e-sign)  2. The RFC number of the customer to whom they are issuing the factura (with which they can access your full data and print it out for their business records in support of the factura they issue).

Individuals with 13 digit RFC's can't issue facturas; businesses with 12 digit RFC's can and can do them online as stated above.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:58 am

"Individuals with 13 digit RFC's can't issue facturas; "

That is absolutely incorrect. I have a 13 digit RFC and issue facturas to any of my upholstery clients who request them.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:01 pm

mudgirl wrote:"Individuals with 13 digit RFC's can't issue facturas; "

That is absolutely incorrect. I have a 13 digit RFC and issue facturas to any of my upholstery clients who request them.

I stand corrected. Have you issued facturas online using only your clients' RFC's?
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:31 pm

My accountant issues the facturas. My clients have given me all their data- RFC number, name, address, etc. So I don't know if she can issue facturas if she is only given the RFC number, but I will ask her and report back.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:15 pm

mudgirl wrote:My accountant issues the facturas. My clients have given me all their data- RFC number, name, address, etc. So I don't know if she can issue facturas if she is only given the RFC number, but I will ask her and report back.

If you can, ask her if she can look up any Constancia by entering their RFC.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:16 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:
mudgirl wrote:My accountant issues the facturas. My clients have given me all their data- RFC number, name, address, etc. So I don't know if she can issue facturas if she is only given the RFC number, but I will ask her and report back.

If you can, ask her if she can look up any Constancia by entering their RFC.

Will do.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:36 pm

So, BisbeeGal, I asked my accountant those questions. She said she didn't know of any way someone could generate a Constancia for someone else without a password or the fiel to their account, so I don't know how the woman at your papeleria is managing to do that.

I don't understand why no one there has asked her how  she is able to do this.

But generating a factura for someone is possible by only having their RFC number. However, once the extension of these new SAT laws take effect in Jan, that will no longer be possible- the issuer of the factura will need all the info on the Constancia.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:30 am

Unless they somehow got a hold of an "administrative" username and password from a SAT employee? It would be interesting to know.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:41 am

I got the Constancia at Riberas Copy Center; this was a few days before the extension to January 2023. They were very busy!  A local restaurant owner was there, getting Constancia's printed for all of his employees.  

I didn't want to slow thing down with q's, was just happy to have it done.  The person entering the RFC did say the system was bogged down so I told her I'd check back since we were having lunch next door.  It was ready in 15 minutes.  

The Constancia she generated from my RFC # has all my accurate info, including data I did not give her (CURP, original issue date of RFC in 2017, address, phone #).

The QR code on it takes me (or anyone) directly to the SAT site showing my Constancia and related data.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob and ferret like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum