INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

typing various letters to get the Spanish accents

+4
mudgirl
Carry Bean
ferret
cypress
8 posters

Go down

typing various letters to get the Spanish accents Empty typing various letters to get the Spanish accents

Post by cypress Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:12 pm

Recently someone posted what various combinations to type to get the different  Spanish letters for both capital and small letters. I can't find it now. Does someone have it? 

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

typing various letters to get the Spanish accents Empty Re: typing various letters to get the Spanish accents

Post by ferret Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:23 pm

typing various letters to get the Spanish accents Spanis10
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

typing various letters to get the Spanish accents Empty Re: typing various letters to get the Spanish accents

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:40 pm

Possible somehow to do this on an iPad?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:17 pm

Since you brought up Ipads, I have never understood the point of them. It seems that they do exactly the same things that a smart phone does, it just has a larger screen than a phone does. So if one has a smart phone and a laptop, what is the purpose of an ipad?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:51 pm

I have an I-phone with service by AT&T. Only problem is it doesn’t work at my house. I signed up with AT&T because back then I so seldom used my cell phone and when ‘I would go to use it I couldn’t because I needed to add Telcel minutes. Then AT&T let you pay for a year and you’d get an additional year free. I understand Telcel has better plans now which I’ll check out in January but I dislike the tiny screens on cell phones and can’t imagine trying to use one for everyday surfing.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:54 pm

Found the answer.

http://techzle.com/typing-accent-marks-on-ipad-and-iphone

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:31 am

Well not all cell phones have tiny screens- a lot of the Androids are pretty big. I surf the net a lot on my phone. And I have a lap top. But yeah, some of those iphones are really small.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:27 am

Tablets are great when you are out and about. Way easier to use and transport than a laptop and there are many things I can't do on the smaller phone screen. I always take mine when travelling.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

rckrckr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:56 pm

I read books and the Toronto papers on my iPad.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:13 pm

I go to spanishdict.com. It is free. I use it to translate Spanish and it has all the accent marks which I copy and paste to Word or Excel. Hope that helps.
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:08 pm

barbicheesecake wrote:I go to spanishdict.com. It is free. I use it to translate Spanish and it has all the accent marks which I copy and paste to  Word or Excel. Hope that helps.

There are lots of free Spanish-English translation sites. This thread isn't about learning what accent marks to use in a Spanish word, but about how to access those accent marks on one's device.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:14 am

Rather than memorize a bunch of special combos of keystrokes, I use this on my laptop,  https://spanish-accents-capslock.software.informer.com/2.0/
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:55 am

I must say Ii don't findit hard on a MAC. Just pres ALT [Option] "e" and then the relevant key. é, ó. And for ñ use alt-n, then n, ü use u.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:09 am

The download I referenced is similar to what Canada - Mike gets on his Mac. After you download you simply press the Caplock key and hit the letter you want to appear with an accent or tilde. For a capital letter you press both the Caplock and Shift keys.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:33 am

BisbeeGal wrote:Rather than memorize a bunch of special combos of keystrokes, I use this on my laptop,  https://spanish-accents-capslock.software.informer.com/2.0/

Thank you SO much! This is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down