INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can I get my dog washed in warmish water.

+3
mudgirl
RoyD
cypress
7 posters

Go down

Where can I get my dog washed in warmish water. Empty Where can I get my dog washed in warmish water.

Post by cypress Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:23 pm

Looking for a place to get my medium sized dog washed with warmish water. Where I am living the outside taps only have cold water and my dog is old.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where can I get my dog washed in warmish water. Empty Re: Where can I get my dog washed in warmish water.

Post by RoyD Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:29 pm

I know this might seem silly, but if you fill 2-ltr pop bottles, or gallon milk jugs and place them in the sun, by afternoon you will have warm water to wash you dog with and he will appreciate the warmth. It is a natural way to do this. You can brew tea this way too. A black plastic bucket, maybe 2 1/2 gal size would work as well.

If you are just looking for someone to wash your dog with warm water, disregard this post.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Where can I get my dog washed in warmish water. Empty Re: Where can I get my dog washed in warmish water.

Post by cypress Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:12 pm

RoyD wrote:I know this might seem silly, but if you fill 2-ltr pop bottles, or gallon milk jugs and place them in the sun, by afternoon you will have warm water to wash you dog with and he will appreciate the warmth. It is a natural way to do this. You can brew tea this way too. A black plastic bucket, maybe 2 1/2 gal size would work as well.

If you are just looking for someone to wash your dog with warm water, disregard this post.

RoyD
I would need more water than that to do a proper wash and rinse

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:49 pm

RoyD wrote:I know this might seem silly, but if you fill 2-ltr pop bottles, or gallon milk jugs and place them in the sun, by afternoon you will have warm water to wash you dog with.....A black plastic bucket, maybe 2 1/2 gal size would work as well.

RoyD

Are you assuming it's a chihuahua? There's no way I would have been able to give any dog I've had a bath, proper suds up and rinse, with 2 and a half gallons of water.

Cypress- do you not have any taps inside your house you could screw a hose onto, that would reach to outside? Usually the shower pipe that the shower head screws onto can just have a regular hose attached to it. (I have a faucet under my bathroom sink as well) In other words, the outside cold water tap isn't the only place to attach a hose to.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and kiko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:17 pm

And if the hose doesn't fit onto the shower head pipe, you can buy an adapter at any ferreteria. We used a six foot length of hose with a truper hose nozzle for pressure when we lived in San Miguel... for our own showering purposes. Worked like a charm. Saved water too because we wet down then let go of the handle to shut the water off, soaped up then picked up the nozzle again to rinse off.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean and kiko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:01 am

I have wondered about using an inside faucet and a hose but I have problems with hot water inside the house and the Mexican landlord would have a fit. I would prefer to take my dog to a place that washes dogs if there is such a place.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:46 am

Groomer.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:26 am

Go to Furry Friends in Mirasol.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:37 am

sm1mex wrote:Groomer.
Where are groomers? I have never used one as my property had thermal water.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:52 am

Furry friends sounds interesting. Thanks I will check it out. My dog could use some TLC as she gave me a real scare the other morning when she had a heart attack at 3 in the morning.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:21 pm

cypress wrote:Furry friends sounds interesting. Thanks I will check it out. My dog could use some TLC as she gave me a real scare the other morning when she had a heart attack at 3 in the morning.

Furry Friends 765-5431

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:48 pm

You scale up depending on how much water you need to wash your dog. In Montana, not the best place for Solar hot water, they heat stock tanks with just the sun for their farm animals. A plastic can, typically 5 gal, can be set out in the sun and will warm as the day goes on. We are not talking 180 degree water here, 90 degrees maybe about as much as a heated pool. Childs hard plastic wading pool for the dog wash. It is simple and feasible, but I understand that not all people would want to do it. Easier to take them to the groomer $$.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by benjji Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:38 am

I take my dog to Ladron Vet....The dog comes out dry and clean.

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:52 pm

benjji wrote:I take my dog to Ladron Vet....The dog comes out dry and clean.
Ladron said no and suggested a lady in SJC so I will try that

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:03 pm

cypress wrote:
benjji wrote:I take my dog to Ladron Vet....The dog comes out dry and clean.
Ladron said no and suggested a lady in SJC so I will try that
Myra did a great job in SJC

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down