INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Your Favorite Carry-Out Chicken Place?

Go down

What's Your Favorite Carry-Out Chicken Place?   Empty What's Your Favorite Carry-Out Chicken Place?

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:02 pm

Even though I've asked what your favorite is, I really don't have a solid favorite.  

I alternate between 3 of them, depending on whether I want to walk or drive; the sides they offer; and if I'm using the chicken as a shortcut in a recipe.  

El Pechugon is rotisserie and they sit their potatoes below the chickens to bathe in the fat.  They have an outstanding rub on their birds.  Because it's rotis, the skin is more edible than the al carbón (charcoal) chickens.  And if I'm buying the chicken to make into a Greek or Italian dish, its flavor is more compatible than a strong charcoal taste.  

Don David's chicken (aka Dusty Chicken, though that's no longer applicable) is excellent pollo al carbón and has the best house salsa IMO.  They have papas but not as tasty as El Pechugon's; their guacamole is just ok.  Access and parking are tricky.  

Pollo Feliz chicken is nearly as good as Don David's and their guacamole is the best of any chicken joint.  Sadly they have no papas. It is convenient to me walking, and they also have good delivery service when needed.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down