INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Probably unnecessary but a question…

+6
mudgirl
CanuckBob
ferret
MexicoPete
Jreboll
Carry Bean
10 posters

Go down

Probably unnecessary but a question… Empty Probably unnecessary but a question…

Post by Carry Bean Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:45 am

Going to the States in May. I can’t find my proof of Covid vaccination (I have had 4 shots). It probably won’t be necessary to show proof by that time but is there a way to replace the proof of vaccination?
If another booster is recommended I’ll need that proof anyway. Thanks for any help.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Probably unnecessary but a question… Empty Re: Probably unnecessary but a question…

Post by Jreboll Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:34 pm

I got a letter from the state of Texas with a client ID so I could keep track of my Covid shots.
https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/immtrac/default.shtm

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Probably unnecessary but a question… Empty Re: Probably unnecessary but a question…

Post by MexicoPete Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:45 pm

I returned to Ajijic from Seattle, via Dallas/FW on last Tuesday, the 18th. Although I did bring proof of my four Covid vacines/shots, no one was interested anywhere on my trip, about whether or not I had received any Covid shots.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

LuvSouth and Jubilacion like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:55 pm

Try this... https://cvcovid.salud.gob.mx/
You will need your CURP number.
edited to add: I just did this again and received an e-mail from them within 2 minutes... then you click on the link to see it and print as many copies (recommended) so that you never need to do it again. Be warned that it ONLY shows your first two vaccines and does NOT have information regarding any of the boosters that you've had.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean, Flamingo, Plan B and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:07 pm

Take it with you. I was asked by American Airlines to provide proof of vaccination on my return to Mexico from Toronto. I was annoyed because I was unable to print boarding passes online the day before my return to Mexico. Their site said I needed to check in at the desk and that was all they wanted.
Also, swallow your pride and ask for a wheelchair... they get on the plane first. ;)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:12 pm

Thank you all! Let’s hope this is all completely over by next spring.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:31 pm

Save it as a PDF file on your computer and your phone.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Carry Bean, ferret and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:38 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Save it as a PDF file on your computer and your phone.

Would they accept it fro your phone rather than a printed version?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:58 pm

Carry Bean wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Save it as a PDF file on your computer and your phone.

Would they accept it fro your phone rather than a printed version?

When I flew to Canada (which has been far more strict about vaccine staus) this summer, before Canada removed the vax requirement, I just took photos on my phone of my first vax catd from British Columbia from the previous summer, and the vax paper I was given when I got my second vax in Mexico. These were readily accepted both by Westjet and by the Arrive Canada app.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tjt Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:45 pm

Also, swallow your pride and ask for a wheelchair... they get on the plane first. ;)

Please do not do this if you don't need a wheelchair. There are people that need them for medical reasons.

tjt

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:09 pm

She needs one. And, I totally agree with your statement.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

tjt and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:40 am

OP doesn't mention her nationality. But these are the current rules.

Only NON US Citizens need to show vax proof when landing in US (even transitory) from outside the country.  US Citizens do not need to.  

We are in Spain, one of the last EU countries that still want vax proof (including a booster if original 2 shots are over 270 days old), but only from NON EU or GB citizens.  Or a neg. test 24 hours before departure flight into Spain.  We had to show proof at Aeromexico counter at GDL; no one on the ground in Spain asked for it.  Same has been true in US, the onus is on the airline.

We are required to wear masks on-board domestic flights, and on trains, but not in the terminals or stations in Spain. 

The Spain travel website says they will review their covid entry requirements after Nov. 15th.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:44 am

ferret wrote:Take it with you. I was asked by American Airlines to provide proof of vaccination on my return to Mexico from Toronto. I was annoyed because I was unable to print boarding passes online the day before my return to Mexico. Their site said I needed to check in at the desk and that was all they wanted.
When was this - your return from Toronto ?
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:15 am

Left on October 5th and returned on October 19th.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:06 am

U.S. citizen here going to U.S. but who knows what the requirements will be next May?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:44 pm

The last time I flew I ordered wheelchair, It took an hour to bring one to check in, but they skip the area where they put stuff thru xray, and take elevator to second floor and gate...

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down