INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subway, BIG disappointment

+3
carmic
BisbeeGal
barbicheesecake
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Subway, BIG disappointment  Empty Subway, BIG disappointment

Post by barbicheesecake Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:08 pm

Evil or Very Mad Husband went to Subway today to buy 2 veggie delite subs. Being the considerate person I am...I had printed out exactly what we wanted IN ESPANOL. The person working there apparently can not read. Meat was not on my printout. When we unwrapped the subs one had salami and pepperoni; the other one had ham and turkey. Here is a copy of my printout:

Subway veggie menu.xlsx

So please if you know how to contact the owner let me know. I think the owner needs to know that this employee can not read.
Attachments
Subway, BIG disappointment  Attachment
Subway veggie menu.xlsx You don't have permission to download attachments.(10 Kb) Downloaded 27 times
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

carmic, Canada_Mike, alisunsmom and mudgirl dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Subway, BIG disappointment  Empty Re: Subway, BIG disappointment

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:27 pm

They make their sandwiches in front of the customer...all the ingredients are visible through the glass. Couldn't your husband see s/he was adding the wrong ingredients?

Instead of expecting an employee to read, why didn't your husband read from your document and/or point?

These are low paying jobs and reading may not be a requirement.

Personally I would need a far better reason to report any employee to their boss, lest they get fired.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean, ferret, SunshineyDay, carmic, Canada_Mike, alisunsmom, rafterbr and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by carmic Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:44 pm

Perhaps you might consider learning the Spanish language considering how considerate you pretend to be. Really!

carmic

SunFan and MichaelB dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:02 pm

Why do you think literacy is a prerequisite for making sandwiches at Subway? Why would you want to get this low-paid employee in trouble because your husband couldn't bother himself to point out the things he wanted on the sandwiches,  which is how you order at Subway (or tell them what you want off the posted menu) nor pay any attention to what the employee was putting on them? And living in Mexico without troubling oneself to learn enough Spanish to order a sandwich sounds pretty pathetic.

I think your husband should be fired. :-)

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, carmic, alisunsmom and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:04 am

From her original post:

"Husband went to Subway today to buy 2 veggie delite subs. Being the considerate person I am...I had printed out exactly what we wanted IN ESPANOL."

Somebody can't read??? LOL. Like the folks bashing Bisbee Gal?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

SunFan and SunshineyDay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:55 am

????? I do not understand your post gringal.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:56 am

gringal wrote:From her original post:

"Husband went to Subway today to buy 2 veggie delite subs. Being the considerate person I am...I had printed out exactly what we wanted IN ESPANOL."

I haven't a clue as to what you mean.  No one's bashing me, do you mean bashing the OP, barbie cheesecake??

Are you saying the employee should have been able to read the note; do you know whether that is a job requirement??  
Are you assuming the husband is deaf, dumb and blind and unable to see what the employee was putting on the sandwich?  Unable to read and speak literally SIX WORDS of SIMPLE RESTAURANT SPANISH?  

Are you OK with the OP wanting to report the employee and possibly get her fired, just because she had a bad lunch that her husband could have and should have avoided for her?  

I've been to that Subway in the past; AFAIK it is configured like all other Subways on the planet.  The meats, cheeses, veg, condiments are set out in a window that the customer faces.  The entire assembly process is in view of the customer.  Most people automatically say and point to what they want.  

As Mudgirl said, "Fire the husband!"
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

alisunsmom and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:09 am

Sorry, it was not BisbeeGal but Barbie Cheescake I was defending!
In any case, folks should have read her original post.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:16 am

gringal wrote:Sorry, it was not BisbeeGal but Barbie Cheescake I was defending!
In any case, folks should have read her original post.

I read it, and I read your post.  I even downloaded barbie's document and saw that it was in both Spanish and English.  Again, I do not know nor would I assume that any employee can read, in any language including their native tongue.  

I know workers here who sign documents with an "X" because they cannot write their own name.  

I stand by my responses to her and to you.

Last edited by BisbeeGal on Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:23 am; edited 2 times in total
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:17 am

We did and we read the note that she sent with her husband. I will not defend either of them. Pathetic considering how long they've lived here.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

carmic and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:22 am

I'd say it was a mess all around. However, many people don't pay attention to what the employee is actually doing, so no surprise there.
Personally, I don't buy food from Subway. Much better sandwiches elsewhere.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

kamcd and rafterbr like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:38 am

gringal wrote:From her original post:

"Husband

Looks like you're the one who can't read Very Happy:

I think we all read the OP just fine. Writing out the order isn't how you order a Subway sandwich. And the OP's husband could easily have pointed to the sandwiches they wanted on the menu.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:46 pm

Feel better now?? Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

kamcd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:54 pm

I am not accustomed to this "bashing". Wow I am really surprised and not feeling so good about many of you. FYI he did give her the list. That is the first thing he did. While she prepared the subs husband was looking at the cookie selection & not watching her. Why she got the order so f***d up either she didn't care or can not read. I realize many people here can not read, however, how can she operate a cash register or get anyone's order right.
And yes I do speak some Spanish but I wasn't there. Also I grew up very poor & when we moved here (after we BOTH lost jobs in the States) we took house sitting jobs and I baked and cooked for the local tianguis. OUCH Blackeye
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

carmic dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:08 pm

Everyone understood that he gave her the list. How can she get orders right? Because Subway patrons normally tell the sandwich maker what they want, not hand them a list.

I'm not sure what growing up poor and baking and cooking for the tianguis has to do with any of this. I should think it would, if anything, make you reticent to report a low paid worker instead of taking some responsiblity for your husband looking at cookies instead of the sandwiches she was making. Or just laughing the whole thing off. It's not like the wrong kidney got removed by an incompetent doctor.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, Calexico, carmic and BisbeeGal like this post

gringal and barbicheesecake dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:58 am

IMO, there is no good excuse for bashing a poster for relating an unfortunate incident.  I don't recall that poster ever saying an unkind thing to anyone. I think the world has enough stresses already.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

kamcd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:02 am

I did not like the wanting to call the owner of Subway to complain about such a trivial experience. A complaint that could have resulted in the employee being fired. Much ado about nothing imho.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

carmic, kiko, BisbeeGal and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:18 am

Have you considered that the Subway franchise owner has enough on his/her plate that he/she doesn't need to lose business because an employee is not qualified to do the job.  The owner deserves to know such things.  Enough incidents like the one BarbieCheesecake experienced would really hurt the business.  There is nearly always more than one point of view on who deserves what.  If any of us ordered one thing and got something entirely different, how would we feel about going back to the place again?
...and how would we feel if reporting the experience would result in getting negative feedback from other web posters?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:27 am

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion. If someone has a bad experience somewhere, by all means, feel free to vent about it on a web board. But not a single person (other than Barbicheesecake) has stated that they experienced bad service, bad food or a wrong order at Subway. That should mean something to most people. I happen to like their veggie subs and they've never screwed up yet.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:57 am

"Enough incidents like the one BarbieCheesecake experienced would really hurt the business."

How many times do you think it happens that someone writes out their Subway order and hands it to the employee and then pays no attention to what the employee is putting on the sandwich? I would venture a guess that there aren't any other "enough incidents like this".

And the employee is tasked with making sandwiches. That's what they are "qualified for", not reading an order someone just hands them.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

barbicheesecake dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:00 pm

Thank you Gringal! It is refreshing to realize that SOMEONE understands what I was trying to convey in my post. Never intended to get anyone fired.
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal and kamcd like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:13 pm

MUDGIRL-Please don't be so mean-spirited. It is very unbecoming. I would never belittle anyone on a public forum.
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:41 pm

barbicheesecake wrote:MUDGIRL-Please don't be so mean-spirited. It is very unbecoming. I would never belittle anyone on a public forum.

And yet you did disparage the abilities of the Subway employee and wanted to report them to their boss. Blackeye Dead Horse
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:44 pm

barbicheesecake wrote:MUDGIRL-Please don't be so mean-spirited. It is very unbecoming. I would never belittle anyone on a public forum.

You belittled the Subway employee and wanted to report her.
And I would never chastize another adult telling them their behavior is"unbecoming", as if I were some headmistress.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dichosalocura Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:17 pm

In first place it was your husbands's responsibility to make sure the over worked and under paid sandwhich preparer got it right.  Speaking Spanish if I were Mexican I might have been confused too.  No where did it clearly indicate the sandwhich  had to be vegetarian.  It was as if you forgot to include the main ingrediate.    I had a flashback to the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding, "What?  You don't eat no meat??  How about lamb?".  But in your case it was like how sbout turkey and salami  that could have been easily taken off and given to a dog or cat.  And pimientos verdes is somewhat problematic.  The worker may have thought would that be chiles jalapeños, chiles serranos or chiles morrones.  Todos son verdes.  Tomatoes could that mean tomates in Mexican Spanish which are the green tomatillos or did you mean jitomates?  The directions were confusing to say the least.

dichosalocura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next