INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Road Work in Chapala Centro

+2
Carry Bean
BisbeeGal
6 posters

Go down

Current Road Work in Chapala Centro Empty Current Road Work in Chapala Centro

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:14 am

I rarely go there.

Saw the mess of road work at main intersection last week. A few weeks ago also a lot of work on Pepe Guizar.

I may need to run an errand on Zaragoza (in Centro not too far from the mercado). Anyone know if it is under repair (I will need to park on street)?

Thx.

BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Current Road Work in Chapala Centro Empty Re: Current Road Work in Chapala Centro

Post by Carry Bean Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:42 pm

Wish I could help but no idea other than having been there a week and a half ago. I’d assume still a mess but who knows? Good luck and report back.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Current Road Work in Chapala Centro Empty Re: Current Road Work in Chapala Centro

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:28 pm

Go in via the Libriemento. Take a left on the road beside Sorianas (you have to do the u turn to get to it). Go all the way to the bottom and hang a right. This will bring you in the back way and avoid all construction.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:33 pm

I need to drive and park on Zaragoza.  Is that street under repair?  I understand Bob's directions, but need to know if Zaragoza is OK for traffic and parking. 300 blk of Zaragoza.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:41 pm

It would be helpful if you stated exactly where you need to get to on Zaragoza. CFE for example. The numbers on a street in Mexico are rarely in sequential order and it makes it very difficult to give information that way. Or call the place where you need to go and ask them directly both the day before and the day of.... or drive to the parking area by the malecon and take a taxi to the place you need to get to and ask them to wait to drive you back to your car.
It's a crapshoot getting anywhere in Chapala these days but I've also seen some parts that I've never seen before. Wear your patience hat.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dichosalocura Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:37 pm

Zaragoza is not under construction at all.  But Miguel Martinez is by the buss station.  But they now have it open if you need to go farther North. You can always cone into Chapala by the carretera, at the light go right and go towards Ramón Corona by the malecón and loop around and go North on Zaragoza from there.

dichosalocura

Carry Bean and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:49 am

Thanks Dichosalocura!

I looked at calendar and with all the Carnaval events kicking off today, I will put this off until Lent starts Very Happy
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:09 am

Is the MardiGras parade going to be cancelled? or just moved to Ajijic...

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:21 am

There are parades in BOTH, but Chapala has many more daily events. Schedules are on both Ajijic and Chapala gobierno FB pages.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:25 am

Current Road Work in Chapala Centro Carnav18
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:29 am

These are the events in Ajijic mostly at the bullring.

Current Road Work in Chapala Centro Ajijic12
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:31 am

This posting from Ajijic News site,

Mardi Gras Parades Ajijic
Date: Tue, Feb 21, 2023
Mardi Gras is called Carnaval in Spanish- speaking countries. It literally means farewell to meat, carne val It falls this year on Tuesday, February 21. around 11am on Ocampo.

First part of the parade are the Sayacas, then allegorical floats WITHOUT FLOUR, then the Allegorical floats WITH flour,
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down