INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New "bypass" To The East of Walmart Intersection???

+3
SunshineyDay
ferret
BisbeeGal
7 posters

Go down

New "bypass" To The East of Walmart Intersection??? Empty New "bypass" To The East of Walmart Intersection???

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:29 am

I am not familiar with Allen Lloyd Drive, other than its intersection with the carretera at the traffic light in SAT a bit east of the Coca Cola plant.  

This video indicates they are improving the northern part of Allen Lloyd at the Libramiento (at El Dorado) so Libramiento traffic can peel off there rather than continuing on the Libramiento to the Walmart intersection. And I guess also allow folks from SAT or Riberas to turn onto Allen Lloyd to reach the Libramiento, avoiding Walmart.

Not sure if this will help or just create a new bottleneck??

https://www.facebook.com/AlegrateChapala/videos/176589291882516
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New "bypass" To The East of Walmart Intersection??? Empty Re: New "bypass" To The East of Walmart Intersection???

Post by ferret Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:30 am

The only thing that is going to help is to eliminate all the gravel and dirt that comes down that road during the rainy season. It will not help the traffic one bit.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New "bypass" To The East of Walmart Intersection??? Empty Re: New "bypass" To The East of Walmart Intersection???

Post by SunshineyDay Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:33 am

It may prove to be another challenge in that area.😂

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:41 am

https://lakesidenewschapala.com/2023/03/31/few-participate-in-dialogue-on-mobility-in-ajijic-main-square/
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:53 am

It would be really nice for the people living EAST of the Walmart to have a way to enter the parking area without having to go into convolutions. Stupidest and most dangerous intersection I've ever seen. I rarely even go in that direction any more unless I absolutely have to do so.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean and Plan B like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:49 am

Haven't been to Walmart in over a year and before that I went maybe every 3 or 4 months.  

I have found the same or similar items elsewhere or via Amazon. Edit to add: or at Costco MX website.

Last edited by BisbeeGal on Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:13 pm

I go to Walmart for the Bancomer ATM which was out of service for the past week but then was working but only allowed me to take 3000 pesos, all in 100 peso notes. When it works correctly it allows me to take 9300 pesos but then gives me 9 1000 peso notes which is a pain.

I notice there are far fewer shoppers at Walmart and last time I was there there were 4 checkout lines with cashiers in addition to the self checkout. There are only a couple things I need from there so I only shop maybe once every 4-6 weeks.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:00 pm

I order online from Walmart and have things delivered. Including ROTISSERIE chicken but that means choosing a delivery time of around noon. There is not a single rotisserie chicken place east of Walmart since Tony's Take Out machine died about four years ago. Someone is missing out on a good business model and, personally, I hate the flat cooked chicken because it's always too dry.
I am now done whining for the day. ;)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:05 pm

fyi, El Pechugon delivers via Traitte.  Biggest rotiss chicken around.  Their papas sit beneath the revolving chicken and are bathed in schmaltz!
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:44 pm

It will take a bit of traffic away from the WalMart intersection but it always seems that 90% of the traffic is going west off the libriemento, not east.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

New "bypass" To The East of Walmart Intersection??? Empty rostissorie chicken

Post by Gamina Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:55 am

ferret wrote:I order online from Walmart and have things delivered. Including ROTISSERIE chicken but that means choosing a delivery time of around noon. There is not a single rotisserie chicken place east of Walmart since Tony's Take Out machine died about four years ago. Someone is missing out on a good business model and, personally, I hate the flat cooked chicken because it's always too dry.
I am now done whining for the day. ;)

There are at least two on the avenue across from Azteca and Soriana.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:59 am

I am not driving into either Ajijic OR Chapala for rotisserie chicken. I get an order from Walmart once a week anyway so it's easy to just add a chicken. They are smaller and suit a one person household.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down