INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Mail Uninterruptible Power Supply (BackUPS)

3 posters

Go down

How to Mail Uninterruptible Power Supply (BackUPS) Empty How to Mail Uninterruptible Power Supply (BackUPS)

Post by ZBellows Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:41 pm

Hi all,

I have an uninterruptible power supply (BackUPS) device here to provide power when we experience blackouts or brownouts and I need to send it back to the manufacturer via a domestic shipment within Mexico to have it replaced under warranty. I was surprised that none of the mail companies I usually use would accept the device to mail when I gave the company detailed information about the unit and battery inside. Correos de México, UPS, Fedex, DHL, and Estafeta have all shared that they are not able to accept the shipment because of the potentially defective sealed unspillable lead acid battery inside. Has anyone here run into a similar situation where you've needed to send a BackUPS device back to the manufacturer from within Mexico? If so, how did you do it?

I really appreciate any thoughts anyone might have!

Best,
-Zach

ZBellows

Back to top Go down

How to Mail Uninterruptible Power Supply (BackUPS) Empty Re: How to Mail Uninterruptible Power Supply (BackUPS)

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:57 pm

I would contact the vendor and see who they use to ship these items domestically.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

How to Mail Uninterruptible Power Supply (BackUPS) Empty Re: How to Mail Uninterruptible Power Supply (BackUPS)

Post by ZBellows Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:58 pm

Thanks CanuckBob,

When I asked the manufacturer a few days ago, what I got back was to not mention the battery inside the device and just call the device "computer parts" so that shipping companies can take the unit. The manufacturer is not aware of a way to ship the device while still being truthful about the contents and the battery inside. Ideally, there would be a way for us to send this back without calling it something else just so the shipping companies will take it. I'm surprised it's so difficult, because there is the same type of battery inside most brands of BackUPS device, so I was thinking others must have run into this issue. If everyone usually just calls these units "computer parts" when sending them back for warranty repair here, that would be good to know!

ZBellows

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:31 pm

If only the battery requires replacement, you may want to consider a trip to Guadalajara to find a replacement at one of the battery stores near Plaza de Technologia Ave 16 de Septiembre #140.  IIRC, there is a large electronics battery store a few blocks N of the Plaza Technologia.

Last edited by kiko on Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : X)
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down