INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRP

4 posters

Go down

PRP Empty PRP

Post by kip Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:26 pm

Anyone tried it?  I can have the knee surgery up here for free.....BUT.... If I can fix it without a scalpel involved....I would be sooo VERY happy. Beer

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 109
Join date : 2022-01-30

Back to top Go down

PRP Empty Re: PRP

Post by Jreboll Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:52 pm

Rule of thumb is to always try noninvasive procedures first but without knowing what your underlying problem it’s impossible to give an opinion

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2730
Join date : 2014-09-24

Back to top Go down

PRP Empty Re: PRP

Post by ferret Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:13 pm

I didn't spend a lot of time on this but, if I had a knee problem, I would try stem cell therapy before platelet rich plasma therapy.
1) https://www.google.com/search?q=effect+of+platelet+rich+plasma+on+knee+pain&sca_esv=562057657&source=hp&ei=YYryZMSYC7uQur8P1Z6L2Ag&iflsig=AD69kcEAAAAAZPKYcdiOfp6Q7gBS9YHgt51tbVsqvWqx&ved=0ahUKEwiEzYWA3oqBAxU7iO4BHVXPAosQ4dUDCA4&oq=effect+of+platelet+rich+plasma+on+knee+pain&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6IitlZmZlY3Qgb2YgcGxhdGVsZXQgcmljaCBwbGFzbWEgb24ga25lZSBwYWluMgUQIRigAUjZpwFQAFjNgwFwAHgAkAEAmAGYAaABvRyqAQQzOS40uAEMyAEA-AEBwgILEAAYgAQYsQMYgwHCAhEQLhiABBixAxiDARjHARjRA8ICDhAuGIAEGLEDGMcBGNEDwgIFEAAYgATCAgsQABiKBRixAxiDAcICCBAAGIAEGLEDwgIHEAAYigUYQ8ICERAuGIAEGLEDGIMBGMcBGK8BwgIKEAAYgAQYsQMYCsICCxAuGIAEGMcBGK8BwgIHEAAYExiABMICCRAAGBMYgAQYCsICChAAGBYYHhgPGBPCAggQABgWGB4YE8ICChAAGBYYHhgTGArCAgYQABgWGB7CAggQABgWGB4YCsICCBAAGBYYHhgPwgIEECEYFcICCBAhGBYYHhgd&sclient=gws-wiz#ip=1
2) https://www.google.com/search?q=effects+of+stem+cell+therapy+on+knee+pain&sca_esv=562057657&source=hp&ei=z4nyZLaXIfXGkPIP7rWmwAM&iflsig=AD69kcEAAAAAZPKX38iQ5sSXTnyprHoNoxnHNIBZKO4N&oq=effect+of+stem+cell+therapy+on+knee+pain&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6IihlZmZlY3Qgb2Ygc3RlbSBjZWxsIHRoZXJhcHkgb24ga25lZSBwYWluKgIIAjIFECEYoAEyCBAhGBYYHhgdMggQIRgWGB4YHUjhhgJQAFi8nwFwAHgAkAEBmAGkAqAB1B2qAQYzNC40LjK4AQHIAQD4AQHCAgsQABiABBixAxiDAcICERAuGIAEGLEDGIMBGMcBGNEDwgIOEC4YgAQYsQMYxwEY0QPCAgUQABiABMICCxAAGIoFGLEDGIMBwgIIEAAYgAQYsQPCAgcQABiKBRhDwgIREC4YgAQYsQMYgwEYxwEYrwHCAgwQABiKBRhDGEYY_wHCAgoQABiABBixAxgKwgILEC4YgAQYxwEYrwHCAgYQABgWGB7CAgcQABgTGIAEwgIKEAAYFhgeGBMYCsICChAAGBYYHhgPGBPCAggQABgWGB4YE8ICBBAhGBU&sclient=gws-wiz
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 10134
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

PRP Empty Re: PRP

Post by kip Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:12 pm

Jreboll wrote:Rule of thumb is to always try noninvasive procedures first but without knowing what your underlying problem it’s impossible to give an opinion

My knee is now bone on bone.

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 109
Join date : 2022-01-30

Back to top Go down

PRP Empty Re: PRP

Post by kip Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:15 pm

ferret wrote:I didn't spend a lot of time on this but, if I had a knee problem, I would try stem cell therapy before platelet rich plasma therapy.
1) https://www.google.com/search?q=effect+of+platelet+rich+plasma+on+knee+pain&sca_esv=562057657&source=hp&ei=YYryZMSYC7uQur8P1Z6L2Ag&iflsig=AD69kcEAAAAAZPKYcdiOfp6Q7gBS9YHgt51tbVsqvWqx&ved=0ahUKEwiEzYWA3oqBAxU7iO4BHVXPAosQ4dUDCA4&oq=effect+of+platelet+rich+plasma+on+knee+pain&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6IitlZmZlY3Qgb2YgcGxhdGVsZXQgcmljaCBwbGFzbWEgb24ga25lZSBwYWluMgUQIRigAUjZpwFQAFjNgwFwAHgAkAEAmAGYAaABvRyqAQQzOS40uAEMyAEA-AEBwgILEAAYgAQYsQMYgwHCAhEQLhiABBixAxiDARjHARjRA8ICDhAuGIAEGLEDGMcBGNEDwgIFEAAYgATCAgsQABiKBRixAxiDAcICCBAAGIAEGLEDwgIHEAAYigUYQ8ICERAuGIAEGLEDGIMBGMcBGK8BwgIKEAAYgAQYsQMYCsICCxAuGIAEGMcBGK8BwgIHEAAYExiABMICCRAAGBMYgAQYCsICChAAGBYYHhgPGBPCAggQABgWGB4YE8ICChAAGBYYHhgTGArCAgYQABgWGB7CAggQABgWGB4YCsICCBAAGBYYHhgPwgIEECEYFcICCBAhGBYYHhgd&sclient=gws-wiz#ip=1
2) https://www.google.com/search?q=effects+of+stem+cell+therapy+on+knee+pain&sca_esv=562057657&source=hp&ei=z4nyZLaXIfXGkPIP7rWmwAM&iflsig=AD69kcEAAAAAZPKX38iQ5sSXTnyprHoNoxnHNIBZKO4N&oq=effect+of+stem+cell+therapy+on+knee+pain&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6IihlZmZlY3Qgb2Ygc3RlbSBjZWxsIHRoZXJhcHkgb24ga25lZSBwYWluKgIIAjIFECEYoAEyCBAhGBYYHhgdMggQIRgWGB4YHUjhhgJQAFi8nwFwAHgAkAEBmAGkAqAB1B2qAQYzNC40LjK4AQHIAQD4AQHCAgsQABiABBixAxiDAcICERAuGIAEGLEDGIMBGMcBGNEDwgIOEC4YgAQYsQMYxwEY0QPCAgUQABiABMICCxAAGIoFGLEDGIMBwgIIEAAYgAQYsQPCAgcQABiKBRhDwgIREC4YgAQYsQMYgwEYxwEYrwHCAgwQABiKBRhDGEYY_wHCAgoQABiABBixAxgKwgILEC4YgAQYxwEYrwHCAgYQABgWGB7CAgcQABgTGIAEwgIKEAAYFhgeGBMYCsICChAAGBYYHhgPGBPCAggQABgWGB4YE8ICBBAhGBU&sclient=gws-wiz

I've read all this before.....but it's people who have had it done who have the real info.,

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 109
Join date : 2022-01-30

Back to top Go down

PRP Empty Re: PRP

Post by Jreboll Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:26 pm

I used to harvest PRP for spinal laminectomies but this was more than 20 years ago and I’m sure the science has progressed dramatically since then so I’m not a good source of information but there was someone on TOB who went through that procedure so maybe you could do a search

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2730
Join date : 2014-09-24

kip likes this post

Back to top Go down

PRP Empty Re: PRP

Post by ferret Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:59 pm

Why don't you ask Dra. Justina to send you references of the people that she's done this on... with their permission of course. In general, I would say that very few people read the local forums.
On the other hand, forums are not just for individuals but for everyone to be able to learn something about the subject at hand... including me since I've been looking into stem cell therapy for one of my stepsons who is staring at his second neck surgery in four years... on a different vertebra.
So, here's another interesting link... https://www.caringmedical.com/prolotherapy-news/stem-cell-prolotherapy-cartilage-regeneration/
The above link states clearly that not all patients are good candidates for the therapy.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 10134
Join date : 2010-05-23

kiko and Plan B like this post

Back to top Go down

PRP Empty Re: PRP

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:58 pm

A friend went to a local doctor (don't remember name) hoping for stem cell therapy for her knee. After looking at the x-ray the doctor said because there was no cartilage left, she was not a candidate for stem cells.

My friend opted for TKR here in Ajijic.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2025
Join date : 2020-03-14

Back to top Go down

PRP Empty Re: PRP

Post by kip Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:34 pm

ferret wrote:Why don't you ask Dra. Justina to send you references of the people that she's done this on... with their permission of course. In general, I would say that very few people read the local forums.
On the other hand, forums are not just for individuals but for everyone to be able to learn something about the subject at hand... including me since I've been looking into stem cell therapy for one of my stepsons who is staring at his second neck surgery in four years... on a different vertebra.
So, here's another interesting link... https://www.caringmedical.com/prolotherapy-news/stem-cell-prolotherapy-cartilage-regeneration/
The above link states clearly that not all patients are good candidates for the therapy.

Dr Justina told me that PRP might work even better and sent me to Dr. Jessica. It's also substantially cheaper. Dumby me forgot to bring all my Xrays with me. Next time. I still would like to hear from people who have actually had it done.

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 109
Join date : 2022-01-30

Back to top Go down

PRP Empty Re: PRP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum